• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

qBxnKEV.jpg

K1LLER7

------- RVP - Rooney -----

------------ Mata ---------

--Di Maria ------ Herrera ---

------------ Blind ----------

Shaw - Rojo - Jones - Rafael

------------- De Gea ----------

sohois

Thoughts on the game:

- Honestly Liverpool probably played better than they did against Southampton, but City were ruthless. Didn't particularly get out of second gear to score 3 goals. However, Liverpool created better chances than before but were let down by poor decision making.

Player by player:

- Mignolet should have done better for the 3rd goal

- Johnson, despite the criticism, was barely tested by the City attack. Not much on offer from him going forward though, hopefully we don't see him again starting

- Skrtel was solid as per

- Lovren was shit, shit, shit. I think a decent amount of fans, myself included, were against his signing and he certainly didn't help himself with that bilge. Shouldn't even be on the coach for Tottenham

- I though Moreno had a very good debut. A player in a disorganized defence, for his first game with no preseason, against the best attack in the league? I think you can forgive him some errors. However he also made a number of good interventions and was supremely assured going forward

- Gerrard might as well not be there. It's not enough anymore to say he provides set-pieces or Hollywood balls. There are other players on the pitch to do that. However, there is only one DM, and he is really poor. I think he could really drag Liverpool down over the season

- Henderson had a mediocre game and should have been taken off instead of Allen

- Allen was Liverpool's best player. Can had a poor debut

- Wrong game for Coutinho. Didn't do anything particularly wrong but couldn't create chances with the movement ahead of him. Markovic looked bright in his debut

- Stirling started well but faded. Lambert continues to provide off the bench, for some reason

- Sturridge wasn't great but still got an assist.

LTWheels

I liked the look of Markovic on the left.

4 from Sturridge, Balotelli, Markovic, Lallana, Sturridge, Sterling, Suso, Lambert, Borini.

Mastadon

Banned
Probably one of the toughest games we're going to have all season. Markovic started well, wouldn't mind seeing him start instead of Coutinho against Spurs.

Defence still needs a good sorting out though.

I don't know, I thought our defensive shape was great until the first goal. Sometimes you just need to accept that a quality attack like City's will fashion chances and do unpredictable things.

TeddyBoy

- Lovren was shit, shit, shit. I think a decent amount of fans, myself included, were against his signing and he certainly didn't help himself with that bilge. Shouldn't even be on the coach for Tottenham

- Gerrard might as well not be there. It's not enough anymore to say he provides set-pieces or Hollywood balls. There are other players on the pitch to do that. However, there is only one DM, and he is really poor. I think he could really drag Liverpool down over the season

I agree with you on the others (the Henderson/Allen one not quite so much though). Can you explain why Lovren and Gerrard was so bad?

OneTwoTee

Banned
I don't know, I thought our defensive shape was great until the first goal. Sometimes you just need to accept that a quality attack like City's will fashion chances and do unpredictable things.

Yeah, I guess. Being Moreno's debut probably didn't help. Still think there's far too many individual errors at the back though.

Managed to catch most of the game in the end. Praise be to unlimited data.

City are fantastic. Such a confident team who always seem in control and able to transition into playing styles seamlessly.

Hixx

I legit hope Jack Colback's fire pubes catch... fire and his cock is roasted to like a sausage and some fucking dog bites it off.

Clegg

City are fantastic. Such a confident team who always seem in control and able to transition into playing styles seamlessly.
Moyes was right. Not even joking when I say this.

But he never, ever, ever should've stated it publicly.

sohois

I agree with you on the others (the Henderson/Allen one not quite so much though). Can you explain why Lovren and Gerrard was so bad?

For Gerrard, I can't recall any tackles or interceptions in the midfield area, which are the bread and butter of a good defensive midfielder. It was the textbook example of a midfielder who just kind of passes it around without offering anything more.

Lovren at fault for the second and third goals. Probably could have done better for the first as well. Simple as that

TeddyBoy

I was laughing at what another person posted. He wasn't serious. No one in here claiming as much is serious.

Fair enough, I only checked back the last page so missed a bit of the context. Just saw it was near the Moreno injury posts and figured it was related to that.

For Gerrard, I can't recall any tackles or interceptions in the midfield area, which are the bread and butter of a good defensive midfielder. It was the textbook example of a midfielder who just kind of passes it around without offering anything more.

Lovren at fault for the second and third goals. Probably could have done better for the first as well. Simple as that

I understand your Gerrard complaints now, yeah the game did pass him by quite a bit in hindsight.

I think your a little harsh on Lovren. Second goal is his fault, the others are Morenos and Mignolets (Aguero did well to score, at a point I'm happy to say it's the opposition doing well and its not a major mistake).

severin

Lovren seems like a bit of a headbanger. Was out of position a lot tonight, charging into and missing tackles. Early days though, hopefully he can settle soon enough, but he doesn't look like an upgrade over Sakho/Agger.

dc89

Yeah, we don't panic anymore. I still panic though :lol

wedward

City really have no excuse if they don't make it to at least the quarters in the CL this year.

I expect them to go out in the round of 16.

pulga

Banned
City really have no excuse if they don't make it to at least the quarters in the CL this year.

I expect them to go out in the round of 16.

Be careful what you wish for, it'd suuuure be embarrassing to watch yet another PL team lap Arsenal to a CL title :$

Wait, how much did you guys spend this year?!

LVG better deliver then, no more 'we're building a legacy' BS.
£130m or so I think.

Probably be £150m+ by the end of the week.

It's crazy that I still don't expect us to make top 4 and I'm not even sure I could blame the Genius if we don't.

I just don't know anymore. What is life. Why are we here. Gaal help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom