• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riiiiiiich

giphy.gif

K1LLER7

If we had Florentino at the helm of United, buying whoever he wanted with no restrictions...

Every purchase would be a Galactico.

dc89

Oh yeah, absolutely -- but they're identifying these teams and just killing it. The Mail mentioned that Madrid have been trying to sell ADM to us for the past few windows but we've turned them down repeatedly, and here they end up getting more than it was even expected that PSG would pay. Amazing really.

We are a massive club now. Like Madrid and Bayern. We can turn down these players.
Amazing.

Bold One

Guillem Balague:

"His entourage is saying that as soon as they found out Manchester United were in the equation then there was no PSG or anyone else, they just wanted to go to Manchester United."

we still have pull

7xGqJ9G.gif

K1LLER7

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 19m
MUFC agreed £59.7m fee with Real Madrid for Angel Di Maria, a British transfer record. Fernando, you're no longer the most expensive.

torres_2449795b.jpg

He's lost everything...

sohois

Very disappointed in Liverpool tonight.

Early days though.

As Spurs found out, the biggest challenge with making lots of new signings is integrating them all and getting a cohesive unit going. In many ways this was a good time for City away - even with the squad fully up to speed it's a big challenge to get points there. So you can take the early loss and then be stronger for the more winnable games.

Meier

Looks like it was actually a Zabaleta own goal. Thought it might have come off his knee or Joe's foot or something from one of the angles, but couldn't tell.

3Sixty

Roy Hodgson is considering a call-up for Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne as a reward for his excellent start to the season.

The England boss is set to name a squad later this week for the September 3 friendly against Norway at Wembley.

Hodgson’s assistant, Ray Lewington, was at St Mary’s on Saturday watching Clyne’s Saints team in action against West Brom.

---

Probably a forgone conclusion with Glen now injured.

Wonder how long it will take the United/Liverpool players to tap him up.

Roy Hodgson is considering a call-up for Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne as a reward for his excellent start to the season.

The England boss is set to name a squad later this week for the September 3 friendly against Norway at Wembley.

Hodgson’s assistant, Ray Lewington, was at St Mary’s on Saturday watching Clyne’s Saints team in action against West Brom.

---

Probably a forgone conclusion with Glen now injured.

Wonder how long it will take the United/Liverpool players to tap him up.
Always rated Clyne.

Arnie

Perhaps I'm doing an Usho but I'm not that down heartened by tonight.

Sure, I don't feel good about it, but we played well enough outside of our defensive prolapse. I think we can cut out the individual errors, but it does worry me somewhat at the ease of City's goals.

Moreno will get a lot of shit but I thought he was really good, again outside of the two costly errors. It's a difficult fixture to come into for your debut, as we saw with Can at the end. Markovic was solid. Liked the look of him.

Joe Allen was my man of the match, I thought he was great first half.

Who do you think you'll be targeting? Surely too late for Cavani or Falcao?

Depends, hopefully we have been in discussions with them the last couple of weeks. If not then Falcao seems the more likely as Monaco seem willing to ship him. I just hope that we qualify for the CL and then Cavani negotiations become more public.

The best thing about his signing is that he will become our best defender at set pieces. Cavani is an absolute beast in that department.

Mastadon

Banned
It'll be interesting to see how we line up against Spurs. I wonder if we'll go back into a midfield diamond with Balotelli and Sturridge up front?

Barzul

Showaddy

As Spurs found out, the biggest challenge with making lots of new signings is integrating them all and getting a cohesive unit going. In many ways this was a good time for City away - even with the squad fully up to speed it's a big challenge to get points there. So you can take the early loss and then be stronger for the more winnable games.

Spurs issue as well was that all of their players were new to the Premiership. Presumably the point of raiding Southampton was that their players were proven at this level and so would be easier to integrate.

3Sixty

Sure, I don't feel good about it, but we played well enough outside of our defensive prolapse. I think we can cut out the individual errors, but it does worry me somewhat at the ease of City's goals.

Moreno will get a lot of shit but I thought he was really good, again outside of the two costly errors. It's a difficult fixture to come into for your debut, as we saw with Can at the end. Markovic was solid. Liked the look of him.

Thought Moreno was pretty good outside his error in fairness.

Gerrard offered nothing.

Spurs issue as well was that all of their players were new to the Premiership. Presumably the point of raiding Southampton was that their players were proven at this level and so would be easier to integrate.

But playing for a team like Southampton and Liverpool are totally different entities. Not much was expected from any of them at Southampton, but now they are at one of the powerhouses of English football walking in the same corridors as many great players have and that is a big burden on some players.

Barzul

Giroud being out for 3 months is a big big blow. Say what you will about him but he's one of the reasons that players like Ramsey have been so good.

sohois

Mirrored my assessment basically.

Yeah, which is why Lovren's poor performance stands all the starker. Though I think Lallana would have been very useful tonight for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom