• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Not to forget Di Maria's MOST important contribution in a Real Madrid shirt...the ZigZag of Lisboa

ZyNW9k.gif

#GraciasFideo
p0QHO.gif
I hope you win everything
except the CL
with United. Hell, sign me up for the Gaalacticos boys, I'm throwing my hat in with you lot <3

Salvadora

Reliable sources have said 3 months. Ultimately it doesn't matter whether its 2 months, 4 months or forever.

We have needed a striker for 3 years and it has been ignored.
Of course it matters who many months he is out, because that would impact on when we can use him again. The difference between 3 & 4 months is 4/5 weeks. That is a considerable difference in terms of matches missed.

We have needed a CF regardless of his injury.

Just like we have needed a DM for much, much longer than that.

jesalr

TRANSFER KLAXON!

IT'S FINALLY OFFICIAL!

Tottenham Hotspur &#8207;@SpursOfficial 2m
BREAKING: We've reached agreement with Hull City for the transfer of Michael Dawson. #ThankYouDaws

wedward

Of course it matters who many months he is out, because that would impact on when we can use him again. The difference between 3 & 4 months is 4/5 weeks. That is a considerable difference in terms of matches missed.

We have needed a CF regardless of his injury.

Just like we have needed a DM for much, much longer than that.

O. You think it might be a couple weeks?

I thought it was assumed at this point that it was at least a couple months. Wayne Veysey is a hack but he is usually pretty good with our injuries. I am thinking 3 months. 3 months without Giroud and we will be out of competition for the top 2 by xmas.

Salvadora

I thought it was assumed at this point that it was at least a couple months. Wayne Veysey is a hack but he is usually pretty good with our injuries. I am thinking 3 months. 3 months without Giroud and we will be out of competition for the top 2 by xmas.
No, I was just saying that the difference between what Kike Marin is stating and the general consensus is 4/5 weeks.

The injury has me devastated and the season has barely begun.

Can't see a realistic CF we could bring in that could replace him at such short notice. We're screwed. I say take the risk and bring Remy in if we can get him down on the wages considering his heart problem. Don't want to touch Bony with a 10 foot pole.

Lightning

Banned

Veysey is not reliable with our injuries. He also said Ramsey needed surgery which was bullshit. Veysey was hit and miss with injuries last season too.

A lot of info points to Giroud being out for a while though. Paying too much attention to veysey though is one of your great failings wedward.

wedward

No, I was just saying that the difference between what Kike Marin is stating and the general consensus is 4/5 weeks.

The injury has me devastated and the season has barely begun.

Can't see a realistic CF we could bring in that could replace him at such short notice. We're screwed. I say take the risk and bring Remy in if we can get him down on the wages considering his heart problem.

I thought the general consensus was 3 months? Where has 4-5 weeks been mentioned?

Yeah, its horrible. Feel like we haven't progressed enough this summer. The clubs that where behind us have gotten closer and the clubs in front have pulled ahead.

Linius

Why is there a dragon on that Madrid kit? It seems so out of place. Or am I missing some historical thing Madrid has with dragons?

pulga

Banned
Why is there a dragon on that Madrid kit? It seems so out of place. Or am I missing some historical thing Madrid has with dragons?

Quick google translate because thats all I can be FUCKED to do

But why would a dragon and not any other animal? Yohji Yamamoto has been the creator of this innovative design. So far, never a kit of Real Madrid had received a drawing or picture.
The designer always knew that the image would look for the first time Madrid shirt had to be a dragon, perfect for defining and condense this tradition and Madrid. "I was very aware of the importance of the dragon when designing this shirt. Has strength and spirit, characteristics that match with Real Madrid."
The white set Japanese designer has chosen not random. It is a fashion icon in his country and his creations have been around the world more than once. Yamamoto knows and understands the needs of the Real Madrid and what it means.
The two-headed dragon that is leading the Madrid elastic represents both the past and the future of the white entity. It is not a simple dragon captured brilliantly in the chest, but the design is a two-headed dragon, in which each is represented history and white come.
One head refers to the dragon king, symbolizing the glory, honor, triumph, victory; in conclusion, is the prestige of the wearer. Thus, T are reflected in 10 vials of the Champions that made &#8203;&#8203;Real Madrid history. Each time a player takes the field, which will always be present to meet the goal to increase this target record.
The other head is a dragon bird, animal symbolizing agility, skill and desire to excel. Values &#8203;&#8203;you need this set if you want to republish successes last season and lift its eleventh European Cup.
The September 16 starts the group stage the Champions League. From that date we will see if the dragon produces the desired effect on the players and if an extra motivation for the second European Cup in a row.

Salvadora

I thought the general consensus was 3 months? Where has 4-5 weeks been mentioned?

Yeah, its horrible. Feel like we haven't progressed enough this summer. The clubs that where behind us have gotten closer and the clubs in front have pulled ahead.
Generally people have been saying 3 months. Kike Marin has just said 4 months. The difference between the two is 4/5 weeks. That is a considerable amount of time, especially considering the heavy fixtures at Christmas.

We were in a perfect position coming into August and managed to fuck it all up by doing absolutely nothing. Alexis, Chambers, Debuchy, and Ospina are good signings, no doubt, but inaction on the other fronts is almost criminal. DM/CF/CB have been problem areas for years in terms of depth/quality. And yet, nothing.

We barely have a rumour at the moment and it's the last week of the transfer window.

Manchester United &#8207;@ManUtd 36s

United XI: De Gea, M Keane, Evans, Vermijl, James, Powell, Janko, Anderson, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck #MUFClive

A..... Anderson?

Baki

Generally people have been saying 3 months. Kike Marin has just said 4 months. The difference between the two is 4/5 weeks. That is a considerable amount of time, especially considering the heavy fixtures at Christmas.

We were in a perfect position coming into August and managed to fuck it all up by doing absolutely nothing. Alexis, Chambers, Debuchy, and Ospina are good signings, no doubt, but inaction on the other fronts is almost criminal. DM/CF/CB have been problem areas for years in terms of depth/quality. And yet, nothing.

We barely have a rumour at the moment and it's the last week of the transfer window.

Yup Wenger still fucking things up.

Like I said, for us to pass on Fabregas, we had to be having a phenomenal window. That's the only reason to justify lack of budget.

K1LLER7

Manchester United XI to play MK Dons: De Gea, M Keane, Evans, Vermijl, James, Powell, Janko, Anderson, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck.

Lightning

Banned
That's probably because your medical staff aren't reliable with injuries. You expect him to get an independent assessment or something?
I don't think he is getting anything exclusive from the club and is guessing, That's what I expect.

The windowed has been soured a bit for sure. Vermaelen doesn't look like will be replaced. Arteta's gone down but needed replacing before the window even started anyway and now we've lost Giroud for a long time. No one knows for sure how long Giroud will be out for, it's estimated guessing from everyone. He will be out for a while though.

Blablurn

At 26M, Benatia is the fourth most expensive Bayern player of all time after Martinez (40M), Gotze (37M) and Gomez (30M).

Pretty nice that we don't go for moon prices
yet

wedward

I'd love to know what is actually going through Wenger's head. Hard to believe a word he says at this point.

Yup Wenger still fucking things up.

Like I said, for us to pass on Fabregas, we had to be having a phenomenal window. That's the only reason to justify lack of budget.

Yeah, at this point if we don't bring in another big name, passing on Cesc was a mistake. If Arsene is willing to play Ozil on the left in a 433 then Jack should be on the bench and we should be playing Ramsey Cesc and a DM in midfield.

K1LLER7

Madrid Bros!!!

Jonas Giæver &#8207;@CheGiaevara 57s
Marca stating that they'll have have Ángel Di María's farewell letter on their website very soon.

I was hoping one of Wilson and Adnan would start. The two most talented youth players need as much game time as possible because there is no Europe this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom