• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I'm going to have to change my avatar to 'stop referring to positions by shirt number' but I dunno if I can make it readable at that size.

I'm going to have to change my avatar to 'stop referring to positions by shirt number' but I dunno if I can make it readable at that size.
UeZan.jpg

inky

Do people who use the phrase "false 9" take themselves seriously?

Fuck me.

Huh? false 9 is a real thing.

Spain is the best example of it (when they were not playing Torres) when Fabregas used to play through the middle in the most forward position. He obviously isn't a CF or a ST, but he played at the edge of the area, using triangle passes with his wingers and finishing chances when needed.

L1NETT

No False 9 in the lower leagues?

Are lower league teams allowed to play anything other than 442?

No all lower leagues teams play 4-4-2 and have massive neanderthals up front with centre backs who boot it into orbit as our only form of attack

Stick to transfer muppetry

Bumhead

Banned
No, you are right. Not sure what his problem with the term is - must be too fancy.

He's right in terms of labelling that position in his lineup. I just don't like the label.

It's a neuvo football fan thing. Nothing specific against the lad who posted it but there are a lot of lads who use the term "false 9" who couldn't tell you the first fucking thing about the game beyond what they read in the paper or what Sky Sports News tells them.

No False 9 in the lower leagues?

Are lower league teams allowed to play anything other than 442?

After watching United's attempt at a 3-5-2 this weekend, is there any reason to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom