• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's right in terms of labelling that position in his lineup. I just don't like the label.

It's a neuvo football fan thing. Nothing specific against the lad who posted it but there are a lot of lads who use the term "false 9" who couldn't tell you the first fucking thing about the game beyond what they read in the paper or what Sky Sports News tells them.
I see a False 9 as someone who is more of a facilitator up top. Can score goals but really tries to control the scoring 3rd with vision, distributing but can score when needed as well. I just didn't know of another term to use for that kind of position.

I just don't think ManU is using Mata as effectively as they should. Thought it might be a better way to highlight his positives.

edit: ouch. what lousy defense.

Bumhead

Banned
I see a False 9 as someone who is more of a facilitator up top. Can score goals but really tries to control the scoring 3rd with vision, distributing but can score when needed as well. I just didn't know of another term to use for that kind of position.

I just don't think ManU is using Mata as effectively as they should. Thought it might be a better way to highlight his positives.

edit: ouch. what lousy defense.

Don't worry about it I'm probably just projecting a rant from stuff elsewhere.

Signing up for Hixx's squad numbers crusade.

dc89

United is the gift that keeps on giving. Almost a better disaster to watch than Liverpool.

Almost.

Liverpool are a lot better than United.

Liverpool got best by the best team in the country last night. Lots of teams will get hammered far worse by us this season.

Horseress

Bv_PbBKCYAAvGb_.png:large

wedward

That's a #10 baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom