• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said you can't complain about us taking swipes at you given what United and Liverpool fans done to us during our Everton game.

Arnie was the only one of us really sticking the boot in tbf :p

And everyone gets a verbal battering on here during the games, even when they're winning comfortably

Arnie was the only one of us really sticking the boot in tbf :p

And everyone gets a verbal battering on here during the games, even when they're winning comfortably
Chelsea fans get it the best.

Even when they win the fans get battered because of "parking the buses" and other insightful (not) commentary.

Fergie

Banned
That sucks....but on United he never played as a forward, always having to do defensive play, and in his good times in Portugal and Brazil he never had to care about it
He's much better than Cleverley in terms of impact and just general ability. But something always occurs whenever he has a run of good form. Injured or whatnot.

I like him though.

I think Thorpe is our best youth cb, but he got fucked over with an injury while on loan. Keane has more first team experience due to that and is above Thorpe now. Keane always has a mistake in him.
Yeah. Although he hasn't been that bad.

wedward

I am trying to enjoy United being shit, but I know it won't last long.

Too many tire sponsorships :(

Just let Arsenal win it before they do. Pls Wenger.

I am trying to enjoy United being shit, but I know it won't last long.

Too many tire sponsorship's :(

Just let Arsenal win it before they do. Pls Wenger.

Same

Nice while it lasts, but they have the funds and reputation to buy their way back to the top, even if it takes a while

Similar to how we stayed relatively close to the top even when we were shite by leaning on our past glories and fanbase, thus generally spending more than the teams below 3rd

FootballFan

Bla, I'm sorry to say this, but pep will be joining manutd next season when gaal is fired.

He will turn this ship around and people will say moyes and gaal assembled the great players he used.

Lightning

Banned
Lightning plz your above this, let's not add up the years arsenal haven't won the champions league.
It was a joke.

But don't worry our failure to win or even make a decent number of semis or finals in the cl despite always qualifying gets thrown in our face plenty.

no problem, that's the way a forum usually works ;) I was on a run myself too, couldnt have read any earlier anyways. ;)

Hehe yeah, still remember Kahn freaking out because of that freekick.

He's a talented boy, but just lacks that certain air of confidence that's necessary for a young player to break into a squad of world beating veterans.

In other words, he needs to learn from Mueller.

wedward

Same

Nice while it lasts, but they have the funds and reputation to buy their way back to the top, even if it takes a while

Similar to how we stayed relatively close to the top even when we were shite by leaning on our past glories and fanbase, thus generally spending more than the teams below 3rd

Yup. These past 2 windows have shown their financial firepower. If Woodward wasn't so incompetent I imagine they would have spent even more last summer.

Arnie

Aye, me sticking the boot into Arsenal was yet another fucking slap on the chops in a weekend full of em, both literally and metaphorically.

Arsenal ended up drawing and then Liverpool were systematically MURDERED.

K1LLER7

3-5-2 doesn't work. Simple as.
It's terrible. Boring and the players in the middle offer nothing. They don't get into space and can't recieve the ball from the defenders. When pressed, they bottle it.

We need to play with wingers and fullbacks.

Vermijl - Keane - Evans - James

------- Powell - Anderson -----
--------------- Januzaj --------

Wilson ---- Hernandez ---- Welbeck

No matter how shit the United players are, they still should beat MK Dons. The problems run deeper than individual talent.

You're forgetting that a lot of these players have little first team experience. Powell has played in the Championship and did relatively well, but he has very little experience in midfield. Reece James has little first team experience. This is Janko's first team debut. To top it off, they're all playing in a new formation.

The team will look better with Wilson who I'm sure will put in a much better performance than Chicharito. Zaha will do a better job than Janko as a wingback if he comes in too.

pappe

3-5-2 is not working. Hope signing Maria means we are going to play 4-3-3.

Rooney left. Maria right. RVP top. Mata-herrera-new CM midfield.

Barzul

Aye, me sticking the boot into Arsenal was yet another fucking slap on the chops in a weekend full of em, both literally and metaphorically.

And I enjoyed every minute of it.

Honestly, I was a little relieved after the City match. When Aguero scored, I feared a 5-0 capitulation. I'm not used to getting absolutely hammered, it hasn't happened often in the last 10 years or so

wedward

I think the Liverpool-Arsenal thing is a little over blown.

I'd love for them to finish second again.

As long as we finish first.

L1NETT

You're forgetting that a lot of these players have little first team experience. Powell has played in the Championship and did relatively well, but he has very little experience in midfield. Reece James has little first team experience. This is Janko's first team debut. To top it off, they're all playing in a new formation.

The team will look better with Wilson who I'm sure will put in a much better performance than Chicharito. Zaha will do a better job than Janko as a wingback if he comes in too.

One of the richest clubs in the world losing to a Div 3 side whose collective wages probably aren't half of what Kagawa or Hernandez earn

No excuse. Half these players don't look committed enough.

wedward

If we don't qualify tomorrow "rage burst" will be an understatement.

If we don't qualify tomorrow it is going to be Armageddon for Arsenal fans.

Still think we will smash em.

What lineup do you think we will play?

--------Sanogo
Santi Ozil Sanchez
--Wilshere Flamini
Monreal kos Per Monreal

Would prefer Campbell for Santi but I think Wenger will go with Santiago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom