• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero3000

If we don't qualify tomorrow it is going to be Armageddon for Arsenal fans.

Still think we will smash em.

What lineup do you think we will play?

--------Sanogo
Santi Ozil Sanchez
--Wilshere Flamini
Monreal kos Per Monreal

Would prefer Campbell for Santi but I think Wenger will go with Santiago.

Think we'll try with Sanchez up top again.

Hopefully we play Ozil in the middle.

Barzul

If we don't qualify tomorrow it is going to be Armageddon for Arsenal fans.

Still think we will smash em.

What lineup do you think we will play?

--------Sanogo
Santi Ozil Sanchez
--Wilshere Flamini
Monreal kos Per Monreal

Would prefer Campbell for Santi but I think Wenger will go with Santiago.

That team should win by 2+ goals easily. Need to hit them fast. Hopefully Wilshere is less braindead tomorrow.

I think the Liverpool-Arsenal thing is a little over blown.

I'd love for them to finish second again.

As long as we finish first.

I think it's the fact that we're in the same boat really. Even when we were finishing 7th, our aspiration was 4th and you looked like the team most likely to drop out of the top 4. Plus we're generally aiming to sign the same standard of players. Title challenge is a bonus, rate of cups per season has fallen off a cliff since 2006. Mutual hatred of Chelsea and Man Utd, and recently City. Both have local neighbours who need to shut their mouths and know their place.

All of that creates friction.

Salvadora

I am trying to enjoy United being shit, but I know it won't last long.

Too many tire sponsorships :(

Just let Arsenal win it before they do. Pls Wenger.
Things have changed quite a lot over the years in the league.

Chelsea and City both has basically "complete" squads with the former* having one of the best managers in the world. Arsenal have much greater financial strength now and have got into the Champions League repeatedly in the last decade +. Liverpool are resurgent and playing beyond the sum of their parts.

If you're expecting Fergus dominance to come back in the near future, I wouldn't bet on it.

wedward

Things have changed quite a lot over the years in the league.

Chelsea and City both has basically "complete" squads with the later having one of the best managers in the world. Arsenal have much greater financial strength now and have got into the Champions League repeatedly in the last decade +. Liverpool are resurgent and playing beyond the sum of their parts.

If you're expecting Fergus dominance to come back in the near future, I wouldn't be bet on it.

Certainly not dominance, but I expect them to be competing for the title in the next season or two. Or at least fighting for top 4 and being in the race.

Incredible how strong the PL is right now. 5 very strong teams with 2 or 3 that are getting closer.

EmiPrime

I think it's the fact that we're in the same boat really. Even when we were finishing 7th, our aspiration was 4th and you looked like the team most likely to drop out of the top 4. Plus we're generally aiming to sign the same standard of players. Title challenge is a bonus, rate of cups per season has fallen off a cliff since 2006. Mutual hatred of Chelsea and Man Utd, and recently City. Both have local neighbours who need to shut their mouths and know their place.

All of that creates friction.

I think Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton are all in a similar spot. Solid teams but not a hope in hell of winning the league, no hope of competing financially.

One of the richest clubs in the world losing to a Div 3 side whose collective wages probably aren't half of what Kagawa or Hernandez earn

No excuse. Half these players don't look committed enough.

It's a bunch of kids that I think will eventually show their quality to win the game. I'm only angry at Evans and Chicha. Both of them are the oldest players and are the reason why United are losing.

inky

You guys are too unfair on Hernandez. You are expecting him to play in ways he's not meant to, like link up plays or to come deep for the ball, then raise his head, distribute perfectly and hold the ball waiting for runs from the WB or the second FW. Pls, he needs to play centrally and wingers who can go deep, or through passes out the shoulder of the last man. He is an area man, but United can't even make it past the halfway line =(

I know he's shit, but as our only hope up there (talking about the national team here) it kinda hurts he peaked too early.

You guys are too unfair on Hernandez. You are expecting him to play in ways he's not meant to, like link up plays or to come deep for the ball, then raise his head, distribute perfectly and hold the ball waiting for runs. Pls, he needs wingers who can go deep, or through passes out the shoulder of the last man. He is an area man, but United can't even make it past the halfway line =(

I know he's shit, but as our only hope up there (talking about the national team here) it kinda hurts he peaked too early.

He's had opportunities to finish, but failed really badly.

Salvadora

City have shown that if you spend enough money you can compete.

Think Gaal is a better manager than Mancini or Pelligrini.

I don't think it's a sure thing. Nothing is in this league. Just think it is very likely.
Sure, but they are competing against clubs who can match that spending, to a degree.

United come up against Chelsea/City (etc) for the signature of a player who would help them compete and who would win?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Can't excuse these players for today's performance. I want to know what voodoo magic Sir Alex used to turn this lot into repeat champions. We're they afraid of him or something?

omgkitty

I think Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton are all in a similar spot. Solid teams but not a hope in hell of winning the league, no hope of competing financially.

Except we can compete financially now. There's no reason we can't buy the rest of the players we need to challenge the league this season.

doicare

Man United never gets lucky decisions - Doicare
Never - nope, compared to most other teams when it matters - yes. Guess you missed the penalty United should have had at the weekend.

It's also so lucky that Manchester United have been without half their first choice team and a huge chunk of their reserves for the season so far so that means they're having to play 4th and 5th choice players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom