• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Marca saying Di Maria is leaving

This will be fun

Suppose you could add in Bayern there for the Germans, but even then, they don't tend to make big splashes in the transfer market for flavour of the month players.

Bale, however, had his sight set solely on Madrid from a young age and I can't imagine a situation whereby that wouldn't happen. Ferguson and co hated Levy and that would have been x100 difficult for the best player in the league.

It's not about pursuing sub-par players rather than world class talent, but more so about picking and choosing your battles.

I can assure you that Woodward does not comprehend this concept.

Aye, that was plaining obvious when he was interviewed by MUTV and said he wanted to stop the best players going to Spain.

And the answer to that is, you can't.

And that's pretty much it. We've always missed out on the biggest players even when we were winning everything and had CL football.

It is crazy that people don't want to play for Utd. Arguably the biggest club in the world these past twenty years. 13 league titles, 2 champions leagues and another final. All this while constantly playing on average the hardest most competitive league in the world. A club with a great history and stadium. Players should be queuing up to go to United.

Wilbur

Banned
It is crazy that people don't want to play for Utd. Arguably the biggest club in the world these past twenty years. 13 league titles, 2 champions leagues and another final. All this while constantly playing on average the hardest most competitive league in the world. A club with a great history and stadium. Players should be queuing up to go to United.

Two more finals m8

kharma45

Suppose you could add in Bayern there for the Germans, but even then, they don't tend to make big splashes in the transfer market for flavour of the month players.

Bale, however, had his sight set solely on Madrid from a young age and I can't imagine a situation whereby that wouldn't happen. Ferguson and co hated Levy and that would have been x100 difficult for the best player in the league.

It's not about pursuing sub-par players rather than world class talent, but more so about picking and choosing your battles.

Totally agree.

Figa da paura, the most google-able GAF username.

Pqultib.gif

ibgEH7q33Lvu05.gif

Milch, how has Immobile been doing??????????

Looked okay so far, obviously needs some more time to "click" with our players.

He did a decent job against Bayern in the Supercup but was very desperate to score one which made him look bad at times. Guess he wanted to show that he's good enough for BVB, also because it was his first match in the Westfalenstadion and on top of that, against Bayern. He looked like he wanted too much, which made him shoot from places outside the box from which you really shouldn't try to score from :lol. But give him time, look at pretty much all our signings, you won't see how good he really is until his second year under Klopp.

It is a bit strange but anyone with a pair of eyes can see outside of a few talented players they have a poor squad, no champions league and Woodward is well out of his depth. If they don't get back in the CL this season would you want to be playing at united when big players will probably have other options?

Personally, I think players are concerned they won't be joined by other top players which is what they need.

Lvg is a reason to join I think as he's a good manager but he's not exactly been backed in the market has he?

They need a dof

Jarnet87

Were still in the dark ages with transfers. We haggle over 1-2 million pounds, and we don't pay the mega agents who represent all the great players. So were cheap for no reason, and now we don't have Champions League football. We've got better odds of turning into a mid table club then returning to a World Class club.

Salvadora

In my mind, it has a lot to do with cultural reasons.

The likes of Neymar, for example, would have seen Brazilian legends like Ronaldo play for the big Spanish clubs and been wildly successful. Undoubtedly both of those clubs have huge followings in countries like that (partly) because of this.

I imagine it's also much more appealing to live in another Hispanic country for lots of these players and it has a warm climate (+ big cities).

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 8m

According to @calciomercatoit Manchester United have contacted Inter for Guarin

lol

Elko Born ‏@Elko_B 8m

According to Corriere dello Sport, Juventus have enquired PSV about Memphis Depay. They seem to think that €15 million is too much, however

And lol

Money is what comes first and foremost.

You have to be willing to pay the people who make these deals happen. For a long time we didn't do that.

In this window there are plenty of reasons why players wouldn't want to join.

Clegg

Thing is, LvG actually has been backed in the transfer market. At least that's what the balance sheets will say. £70m has been spent this summer on three players which is a lot. Unfortunately it doesn't even begin to address all the deficiencies in the squad. Of course, that's the clubs fault, but they won't be quick to ever admit that.

Salvadora

Money is what comes first and foremost.

You have to be willing to pay the people who make these deals happen. For a long time we didn't do that.

In this window there are plenty of reasons why players wouldn't want to join.
Wasn't there a big thing about United not paying huge agent fees a while back during the Hazard transfer?

Can see Madrid/Barcelona having none of the scruples.

Looked okay so far, obviously needs some more time to "click" with our players.

He did a decent job against Bayern in the Supercup but was very desperate to score one which made him look bad at times. Guess he wanted to show that he's good enough for BVB, also because it was his first match in the Westfalenstadion and on top of that, against Bayern. He looked like he wanted too much, which made him shoot from places outside the box from which you really shouldn't try to score from :lol. But give him time, look at pretty much all our signings, you won't see how good he really is until his second year under Klopp.

Just in time for the Euros

It is a bit strange but anyone with a pair of eyes can see outside of a few talented players they have a poor squad, no champions league and Woodward is well out of his depth. If they don't get back in the CL this season would you want to be playing at united when big players will probably have other options?

Personally, I think players are concerned they won't be joined by other top players which is what they need.

Lvg is a reason to join I think as he's a good manager but he's not exactly been backed in the market has he?

They need a dof

I guess that is true, CL is such an incentive

I guess that is true. Even Thiago Silva turned down PSG, but accepted when Zlatan was gonna join him.

LegoArmo

Everyone hates Celtic now for not "doing what's right", like they actually had a choice. They're a business, they have share holders, Legia broke the rules, and UEFA punished them with a 3-0 forfeit, as is standard.

Celtic didn't deserve to progress, they were embarrassed by a terrible team, and will be embarassed by even better ones if they make it to the group stage. But there's not a club in the world whose higher ups would say no to £15m extra income this year, even if the players, manager, or fans wanted them to.

In my mind, it has a lot to do with cultural reasons.

The likes of Neymar, for example, would have seen Brazilian legends like Ronaldo play for the big Spanish clubs and been wildly successful. Undoubtedly both of those clubs have huge followings in countries like that (partly) because of this.

I imagine it's also much more appealing to live in another Hispanic country for lots of these players and it has a warm climate (+ big cities).

Ronaldinho joined Barca because Manchester was too rainy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

They need a dof

yet Vidal still picked Juve over BAYERN back in 2011. And we were much much poorer than this United squad, offered him less wages and (from an outsider's perspective) were going nowhere

Vidal scares me because he's evidently brainless

L1NETT

Nicky Nightclub Powell Forest rumours have faded...

Step forward Dickhead Dave Lastonemoreday and Leeds United. Would be a great signing for them sadly.

Hate it on FM when you transfer-list a player and agree a fee with a club who wants the player, then he just demands money to move to that club. lol no. Fuck off, I'm sticking you in the reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom