• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Good little article in the guardian about Lamela today. Nothing extraordinary. Not even substantial. Just a reminder that he's going to make us all pay

Seriously he was insanely good in 2012/13. Can only imagine how well he would have done with another year with Garcia.

Jarnet87

BvbQA1jCEAALsBz.jpg

No Chicharito, his time is up.

L1NETT

Do we know who has bid for Kieren Agard yet?

Word on our local media last night was that someone has made an "aggressive bid" for him from Rotherham. Only detail was that it WASN'T Leeds. He'd be a good signing for them as well I think so kind of glad it's not. I suspect Norwich given that they've just sold Fer.

I went to our game against Millwall last night. 95th minute equalisers really suck the life out of you, don't they. Still, 4 games played, 0 defeats and only 1 goal conceded represents an excellent start for us. Millwall aren't a half bad side either this year. Both us and them should be comfortably mid-table come the end of the season. There are worse sides in this division (and Blackplol)

Not Leeds? Hmm Norwich would make sense, they have the cash. Could be Watford if Deeney is set to leave.

We are unbeaten too this year, don't want to get optimistic but as this point in the season can't help it. If Mclean and Mason Bennett can get fit with Hanson with have a proper handful up front. Yeates and Kennedy are reborn this year, I think Parkinson is drugging them myself.

And aye you are easily the best team in Yorkshire right now. Got a feeling a few more might be relegated this year to join us in Yorkshire League One.

That said Fulham haven't got point so far, would be hilarious to see them Wolves it, who coincidentally they play tonight. Think it's on the box.

Manager

I'd love Nastasic :(

He'd be a future star for whoever manager that doesn't demand top agility and insanely quick decision-making, so basically 99% of the managers. Pellegrini demand insanely much of his CBs in terms of movement and offside traps.

Was the end of Lescott, now Nastasic, and even Kompany had issues with it for months. He was the one who put Messi onside when Demichelis tackled him, Demichelis put some part of the blame on him publicly.

Yeah I said this the other day; no idea why Theo isn't in any of these line ups as a striker.

because Wengers ideal striker is RVP. someone who can basically play as a false 9 and can contribute to build up and finishing. Giroud is like a lite version of RVP and why Wenger has stuck with him. Theo is not great with his back to goal so Wenger doesn't really see him as a striker. But as this team is being built more on speed than passing, we don't really need a striker who holds up the ball and contributes to the build up. We should just be going all out attack with a Podolski-Walcott-Sanchez front line and Ozil behind with Ramsey powering forward.

Manager

because Wengers ideal striker is RVP. someone who can basically play as a false 9 and can contribute to build up and finishing. Giroud is like a lite version of RVP and why Wenger has stuck with him. Theo is not great with his back to goal so Wenger doesn't really see him as a striker. But as this team is being built more on speed than passing, we don't really need a striker who holds up the ball and contributes to the build up. We should just be going all out attack with a Podolski-Walcott-Sanchez front line and Ozil behind with Ramsey powering forward.

Sounds like someone like Negredo would've been perfect for you?

Arnie

Moreno and Manquillo better not start hanging around with those bellends.

Don't want them being infected by Gaal's mental fragility.

Good little article in the guardian about Lamela today. Nothing extraordinary. Not even substantial. Just a reminder that he's going to make us all pay

Seriously he was insanely good in 2012/13. Can only imagine how well he would have done with another year with Garcia.

I hate to say it but part of his success was because of Totti, Lamela knew he could just run behind the back four and Totti would find him. That is why if he and Eriksen can click then Spurs will be exciting and Lamela should be able to show that Roma form.

Man I am glad FIFA kept the sanction, its a shame what these big clubs do to get kids. We live in a world where a kid from Peru can move to Spain using a legal loophole, X club gives the parent a smoke and mirrors job for a shitty sum of money. Kid grows up, then 3-4 years later is discarded because he doesnt have the talent nor the resources to live a regular life.
Let the youngsters remain on their homeland, that's why everything I see Wenger get Barcelona youngsters, I smile because its the same shitty tactic they use to snipe people from SouthAmerica and the rest of Europe.

rossonero

My guess is that he is trying to drum up funds for Costa and Cerci.

Both are wingers though. Maybe they are planing to finally use Niang as a center forward but I doubt it, which means Pazzini is going to be the starter.

Which would make Milan a true provinciale club, having a forward like Pazzini to punt up long balls to.... Pazzini is a good backup, but that's it.

K1LLER7

Nothing new in the Di Maria story. Same guy who said Ozil to Arsenal is reporting it.

According to Balague: We've always been interested in him. However Ancelotti wants him to stay, Florentino not so much as he wants 8m a year.

PSG are offering the most money, but need to sell first. They haven't done so yet. On the other hand, United are not offering as much and the player already has an agreement with PSG.

It can all change in 24 hours though, innit Louie!

Salvadora

Let the youngsters remain on their homeland, that's why everything I see Wenger get Barcelona youngsters, I smile because its the same shitty tactic they use to snipe people from SouthAmerica and the rest of Europe.
It it?

We pinch (Spanish) Barcelona youngsters when they are 16 and eligible for a contract.

Hell, some like Bellerin, have an English parent.

What you have done is taken very young children from places as far away as South Korea and brought them and their family to Barcelona while lying to the authorities to evade the law.

Jarnet87

Nothing new in the Di Maria story. Same guy who said Ozil to Arsenal is reporting it.

According to Balague: We've always been interested in him. However Ancelotti wants him to stay, Florentino not so much as he wants 8m a year.

PSG are offering the most money, but need to sell first. They haven't done so yet. On the other hand, United are not offering as much and the player already has an agreement with PSG.

He snubbed us once and he'll do it again. If he really wanted to play for us he would of chosen us when he moved from Benfica.

In my ideal world, we will beat Basiktas, then sign Cavani and allow PSG to sign Di Maria and ensure United fan revolt. :D

It it?

We pinch (Spanish) Barcelona youngsters when they are 16 and eligible for a contract.

What you have done is taken very young children from places as far away as South Korea and brought them and their family to Barcelona while lying to the authorities to evade the law.

Spot on.

It it?
And Arsenal knows that Barcelona cant offer the same contract that very same player due to the limitations of under age players in Spain. I am for letting the players grow and mature in their homelands, it benefits the local football.

Look at Southamerica right now, Argentina, Chile, Brasil are filled with mediocre players, players either too young without the talent or dinasours like Riquelme still playing because there really isnt anyone to replace them with. I remember back in the 90's when any Argentinian team could go head to head with an european team, nowadays money makes a difference.

K1LLER7

He snubbed us once and he'll do it again. If he really wanted to play for us he would of chosen us when he moved from Benfica.
Most players would choose Madrid and Barca > United.

Dream clubs for many foreign players.

Madrid are willing to offer €5m a year, however ADM wants €8m. Levezzi is on €6.3m at PSG.

Levezzi gettin' paid.

Tubie

Florentino can be such a cunt sometimes. Just give Di Maria 10m a year and be done with it.

Our only hope of Di Maria staying at this point is woodward being stupid and pasing up on him. 60m would be a steal for a guy that can be compared to Ronaldo and Bale in quality and can play on both wings or as CM.

Kill3r7

Both are wingers though. Maybe they are planing to finally use Niang as a center forward but I doubt it, which means Pazzini is going to be the starter.

Which would make Milan a true provinciale club, having a forward like Pazzini to punt up long balls to.... Pazzini is a good backup, but that's it.

Agreed.

Milan are stuck in this transition/rebuilding phase due to lack of funds. They need to make the UCL in order to progress but unfortunately for them Napoli, Roma and Juve are all ahead of them.

And Arsenal knows that Barcelona cant offer the same contract that very same player due to the limitations of under age players in Spain. I am for letting the players grow and mature in their homelands, it benefits the local football.

Look at Southamerica right now, Argentina, Chile, Brasil are filled with mediocre players, players either too young without the talent or dinasours like Riquelme still playing because there really isnt anyone to replace them with. I remember back in the 90's when any Argentinian team could go head to head with an european team, nowadays money makes a difference.

That is an unfortunate rule of the land. Span was able to attract many quality foreign players for years because of the "Beckham Law", which the PL could not compete with.

K1LLER7

Florentino can be such a cunt sometimes. Just give Di Maria 10m a year and be done with it.

Our only hope of Di Maria staying at this point is woodward being stupid and pasing up on him. 60m would be a steal for a guy that can be compared to Ronaldo and Bale in quality and can play on both wings or as CM.
I don't think we'll get him.

Depends on what we offered but I can't see Woodward offering 50m+ for a player.

Either he'll stay or move to PSG imo.

Salvadora

These players are making professional decisions about their future career.

Unless they are truly exceptional, they stand a much better chance of progressing to first team football at Arsenal than Barcelona. That is about growing and maturing.

South America is a completely different situation because it isn't within the European Union and hasn't had the talent pinched by English clubs. It is subject to the same FIFA rules that Barcelona have broken time and time again, and have rightly been punished for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom