• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a big thing about United not paying huge agent fees a while back during the Hazard transfer?

Can see Madrid/Barcelona having none of the scruples.
Pretty much. I'm sure there are other factors but that is a big one, or has been anyway.

Ronaldinho joined Barca because Manchester was too rainy.

United had agreed a deal for him.

Kenyon then went back to renegotiate for a cheaper price once we had agreed terms with him. I don't know if Barca would have got him anyway, maybe, but the deal with us was ready to go through until Kenyon decided to change our bid.

Blablurn

Pls.

He's worldclass.
csdsadsadsnisb0.gif

From yesterday, Wooden made it.

lol

kharma45

Kenyon then went back to renegotiate for a cheaper price once we had agreed terms with him. I don't know if Barca would have got him anyway, maybe, but the deal with us with ready to go through until Kenyon decided to change our bid.

From what I can recall Barcelona were out of the running as they couldn't match our bid for him.

yet Vidal still picked Juve over BAYERN back in 2011. And we were much much poorer than this United squad, offered him less wages and (from an outsider's perspective) were going nowhere

Vidal scares me because he's evidently brainless

Well, there are always the odd one that makes a choice you wouldn't expect but perhaps he thought he wouldn't start at Bayern? Or he really wanted to play for conte…?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, there are always the odd one that makes a choice you wouldn't expect but perhaps he thought he wouldn't start at Bayern? Or he really wanted to play for conte…?

Conte was relatively unknown, not even Juve fans were excited about him. He came from a Serie B team that finished 2nd.

Vidal would even start in THIS Bayern's midfield, let alone 2011.

to be fair. bayern 2011 was shit.

we finished in midtable, that's a level below shit surely.

Bumhead

Banned
Nicky Nightclub Powell Forest rumours have faded...

Step forward Dickhead Dave Lastonemoreday and Leeds United. Would be a great signing for them sadly.

Do we know who has bid for Kieren Agard yet?

Word on our local media last night was that someone has made an "aggressive bid" for him from Rotherham. Only detail was that it WASN'T Leeds. He'd be a good signing for them as well I think so kind of glad it's not. I suspect Norwich given that they've just sold Fer.

I went to our game against Millwall last night. 95th minute equalisers really suck the life out of you, don't they. Still, 4 games played, 0 defeats and only 1 goal conceded represents an excellent start for us. Millwall aren't a half bad side either this year. Both us and them should be comfortably mid-table come the end of the season. There are worse sides in this division (and Blackplol)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didn't Leverkusen flat out refuse to sell to Bayern or something. Was that over another player?

His contract runs out in June, surely waiting for Bayern was a better choice than wasting a year with a midtable Italian team?

It made no sense whatsoever yet it happened

Wilbur

Banned
On the subject of Champs football, good win for forest last night. Beating bournemouth away is going to be an ask this season.

Meier

He's injured for at least 1½ month more and City would need to find a replacement, makes no sense. But with Dzeko's potential new contract, and with rumours of Negredo being homesick, I guess a sell would be possible in the future.

If only Real didn't want Isco, someone like him would be the perfect replacement.
I would actually prefer we sell him if Valencia are willing to buy him now even with the foot injury. We still need to offload 1 foreign player for the Champions League anyway, so why not get something out of it now if we're not even going to register him anyway? Beyond that, I really think it's detrimental to have 4 strikers who are "world class" (or close to it if not.. full internationals) because it's just too difficult to balance that out when at least 1 of them is never going to be rotated if he's healthy.

I think 3 would be fine (maybe keep Guidetti, let him walk on a free if need be.. sub him in late in games when we're up by 2 or 3 and even if he's ineffective, we can't be hurt by it) given that Yaya is going to push forward towards the end of most all games. If Valencia will pay 25m, I say we take it.

Hate it on FM when you transfer-list a player and agree a fee with a club who wants the player, then he just demands money to move to that club. lol no. Fuck off, I'm sticking you in the reserves.

I take the offer every time, especially since I won't sell without a sell-on percentage inserted anyway. Better to just get rid of the dead weight.

Salvadora

So many times last night Alexis used his pace to create a chance and not enough bodies were in the box. Fear that will become quite common with Giroud being slower than a tortoise.

Manager

City Watch @City_Watch · 2h
Tuttosport claims City are open to loaning out Jovetic to Juventus, which sounds pretty ludicrous considering he's playing regularly now.
Corriere dello Sport: Roma are considering a £4m bid for City's Micah Richards. Also interested in Jovetic and Nastasic.

Italian propaganda going on full steam now. Leave Jovetic alone ffs, he and City have already said a hundred times he's not leaving.

Wilbur

Banned

Really can't be fucked with following this nonsense anymore. Que sera sera.

So many times last night Alexis used his pace to create a chance and not enough bodies were in the box. Fear that will become quite common with Giroud being slower than a tortoise.

When Walcott comes back do you envisage Sanchez moving up front though?

Might be worth doing that now and playing Ox.

edit: forgot about Campbell as well

Manager

Wait, what?

Are we actually signing Balotelli?

Buzzing if true.

"At this time we have not received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli," AC Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "Hence, there is no negotiation.

"We will see as the transfer market ends on September 1."

Really can't be fucked with following this nonsense anymore. Que sera sera.

I would prefer Theo to be the striker, Sanchez is the better inside forward, but despite my dislike for Theo he is a good finisher. I don't think he is great at the other stuff. Just let Theo get in the box and on to Sanchez's drilled passes/shots

rossonero

"At this time we have not received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli," AC Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "Hence, there is no negotiation.

That to me means that it's open season for Balotelli. I hate that Galliani is doing this and especially this close to the window closing. There is no way we can find a proper replacement.

I can see Galliani selling Balotelli and using the money to somehow get Di Maria to Milan in only a way that he can.

Salvadora

edit: forgot about Campbell as well
Ideally, yes.

But Wenger seemed unsure of the position he would play in when signing him and it came across as more of a "wait and see where he plays best" sort of thing.

The only explanation I have for Oxlade-Chamberlain not starting is; he wants to wait until the other team gets tired out before his pace becomes most effective. Or alternatively, we have a clause with Southampton whereby we have to pay that £20,000 every time he plays more than 20 minutes.

jesalr

City Watch @City_Watch · 2h
Tuttosport claims City are open to loaning out Jovetic to Juventus, which sounds pretty ludicrous considering he's playing regularly now.
Corriere dello Sport: Roma are considering a £4m bid for City's Micah Richards. Also interested in Jovetic and Nastasic.

Italian propaganda going on full steam now. Leave Jovetic alone ffs, he and City have already said a hundred times he's not leaving.

It's like Lamela. He and the club said he wanted to stay for the longest time, but Italian media kept going on about how he was joining Juve, Inter, Napoli, Roma...

Wilbur

Banned
I would prefer Theo to be the striker, Sanchez is the better inside forward, but despite my dislike for Theo he is a good finisher. I don't think he is great at the other stuff. Just let Theo get in the box and on to Sanchez's drilled passes/shots

Yeah I said this the other day; no idea why Theo isn't in any of these line ups as a striker.

Kill3r7

That to me means that it's open season for Balotelli. I hate that Galliani is doing this and especially this close to the window closing. There is no way we can find a proper replacement.

My guess is that he is trying to drum up funds for Costa and Cerci.

Manager

It's like Lamela. He and the club said he wanted to stay for the longest time, but Italian media kept going on about how he was joining Juve, Inter, Napoli, Roma...

Someone here said a couple months ago that it's the Italian clubs (constant, year after year) way of "showing" the fans that they can afford expensive players, when they in fact have no chance in getting them.

Similar to Nastasic now, who is worth maybe £10m, every Italian club after him but probably only loan offers "with option to buy". Which there is simply no gain for City of doing, same with Jovetic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Also like the English media about...everyone.

Someone here said a couple months ago that it's the Italian clubs (constant, year after year) way of "showing" the fans that they can afford expensive players, when they in fact have no chance in getting them.

Similar to Nastasic now, who is worth maybe £10m, every Italian club after him but probably only loan offers "with option to buy". Which there is simply no gain for City of doing, same with Jovetic.

that's genuinely Inter's strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom