• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

What level are you? I'd like to play co-op, but the huge level range ruins the chances of that :(

My mage is 28, I'm starting a different class now though.

And there's a special function for level differences isn't it ?
People with a lower level can still play with higher levels and get even boosted a bit, at least it worked like that when I was playing with a friend.

Not everyone is as fast as Koofo, who's already through the damn game.

Scholes list of 5 for United to get:
Xabi Alonso, Sami Khedira, Di Maria, Rapahel Varane, Matts Hummels

I would be happy with just two of the above.

Scholes is a fuel. There's no chance of Varane or Hummels, and very little chance of Di Maria. Alonso would be a poor buy imo, and I don't think he'd move to you anyway

jtb

Banned
probably as much as Cavani. I'd take either one if Wenger feels like spending 50m+ for whatever reason.

I'd keep Sanogo. I like his game, the only concern I have with him is the injury history. Need Shad to work his magic on him.

Probity

Can someone sell me on Pep? I am having a hard time enjoying this man. Bla loves him but I don't like things so far. Give me something I can work with to not hate the bald fashionista from Spain that currently runs my team.

GorillaJu

Man I was just perusing the game section of the electronics store and front and center as I walk up is a video ad of "Bullet Girls" or something and it's got some CG anime girl, butt naked, spreading her legs right in front of the camera and moaning with her vag and nipples censored by little white lens flares. I have no problem with sexiness in games, but right there in front of the escalator?

My boner had a nice little battle with my common sense. At least this one was in a back corner... Lol
1mWC6h3.jpg

Speaking of games, man I want a Wii U now. Still don't have a 3DS either. New Smash Bros, Bayo 2, Mario Kart, Mario 3d world, there's enough at this point that I'm really feeling like I'm missing out.

Blablurn

No idea how someone can still dislike pep. We won the league in a record way. Earlier than ever before. We won a shitton of stuff and made it to the cl semi final. Not like u can win the title every year.

Zabojnik

No idea how someone can still dislike pep. We won the league in a record way. Earlier than ever before. We won a shitton of stuff and made it to the cl semi final. Not like u can win the title every year.

You could've done that with any other top manager though. Pep is unnecessary and his style clashes with that german efficiency, which Heynckes' Bayern was a brilliant example of. He's also a known cunt.

Pennywise

Man I was just perusing the game section of the electronics store and front and center as I walk up is a video ad of "Bullet Girls" or something and it's got some CG anime girl, butt naked, spreading her legs right in front of the camera and moaning with her vag and nipples censored by little white lens flares. I have no problem with sexiness in games, but right there in front of the escalator?

My boner had a nice little battle with my common sense. At least this one was in a back corner... Lol
Hehe.
Loved the way the did it with the Catherine poster.

Speaking of games, man I want a Wii U now. Still don't have a 3DS either. New Smash Bros, Bayo 2, Mario Kart, Mario 3d world, there's enough at this point that I'm really feeling like I'm missing out.

I don't have a Wii U,but my 3DS wasn't really used that much lately.

Will change soon though with Persona Q and Shin Megami Tensei IV, but first I'm gonna get Danganronpa 2 for the Vita.

You could've done that with any other top manager though. Pep is unnecessary and his style clashes with that german efficiency, which Heynckes' Bayern was a brilliant example of. He's also a known cunt.

Now he won't send you games anymore :(

Zabojnik

Now he won't send you games anymore :(

Nah, Bla is above petty stuff like this. Besides I'm not attacking him or Bayern, just Pep. The spirit of elsk in strong in me.

Man, reading mercato news is such a rollercoaster. "Juve, contact with City for Jovetic [nicee], Lavezzi could join the bianconeri [not bad, not bad], another idea is Podolski [instant DEPRESSION]"

Blablurn

So many teams are hungover after a cl victory. But pep managed to keep our players hungry while implementing new tactics and strategies.

Vorsprung durch Technik.

Probity

Is the biography any good? I have been tempted toward it, just not sure. As for why I don't like him, well it is a lot of reasons. I can get over him moving people into different positions as long as it makes sense. I can understand like Lahm in the midfield, he is great there. But if we are going to do that, for the love of all things great please get a replacement for Rafinha. I can also sort of deal with the possession style, as long as it actually works. We looked extremely vulnerable and terrible at tracking back last season. What I have a hard time handling is his attitude, his resistance to changing his style a bit to accommodate our players, his tinkering with player positions when not needed, and how overrated he is.

I mean honestly, I get we won a ton and our expectations were high coming off the treble season but I think that we really fell short of what we were capable of. We were always going to win the Bundesliga really, it would have taken some serious fuckups to mess that up. I mean seriously, our main competition was Dortmund and they lost like half the starters to injury and still did well against us. The Pokal final was almost a guarantee too, and we did well in our win and I will give credit where it is due. I would no consider any bit of our cl campaign to be successful though. After the group stage, we struggled all the way to our end. Arsenal almost got us, a Moyes'd ManUtd almost got us, and then we were manhandled against RM. It is a notable step down from the previous season, and not just because it is hard to keep that momentum going. The only reason we won BL in record time was because our biggest competition was reduced severely.

As far as I see, Pep hasn't done much to REALLY strengthen our team. He took a treble-winning group and changed their style and won in a league that nobody can touch us in, and the pokal which is mostly the same. The Club WC is a joke, and so were everything else we won really. That said, I will give it time before I make a final judgement but as of right now I am not enjoying him all that much. He still has pretty great clothes though.

Lightning

Banned
You're stronger than you were previously compared to Dortmund being weaker and wrecked with injurues. Any top manager would achieve the same when you have majority the german national team playing for you as well as the best player from both the Netherlands and France.

Dortmund on the other hand have lost Gotze, Lewa, Gundogan long term injury, Reus future uncertain and let you compare? Seriously, Pep has achieved nothing to enhance his reputation at Bayern and he is a Mourinho class cunt. Just not as open about it but a A grade cunt just the same.

Probity

So many teams are hungover after a cl victory. But pep managed to keep our players hungry while implementing new tactics and strategies.

Vorsprung durch Technik.

Hungry? I don't know where you got that idea because I thought that in most big games we looked pretty uninterested in results. Team looked pretty lazy last year, made a lot of dumb mistakes, had a lack of focus. In some games I would agree but overall it wasn't really much. We seemed hungover for sure.

Blablurn

I think Dortmund were the favourites in the DFB cup final. But pep managed to outplay them. We had many injuries and moral was still down after the cl loss.

GorillaJu

I think Pep has done a great job taking over. Bayern needed a manager that can carry them in transition—Ribery, Robben, Schweini, these are players who are nearing the end of their careers in the top echelons. The transition would be inevitable and Pep has the philosophy and tactics required to control games and guarantee wins.

I know he's a cunt or whatever, but I don't take the personality of people in this profession into account. In football terms, he's a brilliant manager.

Lightning

Banned
I think Dortmund were the favourites in the DFB cup final. But pep managed to outplay them. We had many injuries and moral was still down after the cl loss.
Why were they favourites when you had superiority in squad depth and talent? Because they beat you in a meaningless game?

Dortmund may have been the favourites based on preference but they definitely were not the logical favourites. And Pep outplayed them? WTF is that shit. Bayerns BETTER players outplayed them, not fucking Pep.

I think Pep has done a great job taking over. Bayern needed a manager that can carry them in transition—Ribery, Robben, Schweini, these are players who are nearing the end of their careers in the top echelons. The transition would be inevitable and Pep has the philosophy and tactics required to control games and guarantee wins.

I know he's a cunt or whatever, but I don't take the personality of people in this profession into account. In football terms, he's a brilliant manager.
He is a brilliant manager but Bayern have control over the league both financially and influence. Aside from the Dortmund players they can pick and choose from most other clubs, Leverkusen the other club where they can't steal their players that easily. This gives a huge advantage in any rebuilding when you combine it with Bayerns enormous wealth.

Probity

I don't disagree. I mean all things considered we looked likely to lose. The last game against Dortmund had been pretty recent and a good 3-0 thumping at that on our end. We were just destroyed against RM, and now we were going into a game against the best team we could end up against. It was a solid match and Pep did well that time, I mentioned that. Still, the team looked hungry that day and played well on their own without the tactics. In the end it came down to the last few minutes to decide the game though, which was probably helped by their recovering team still not fully fit.

That said, I recall a certain ghost goal by Dortmund that should have counted and would have changed the flow, so I don't know. Sort of luck on our part.

Blablurn

I made my points clear. Since im on my sabbatical i respect everyones opinion.

U will always find counter arguments.

I for one appreciate him a lot.

Pennywise

U will always found counter arguments.

He isn't bad.
And unlike Elsk, I'm certain that he still needs time.
Neither Klopp nor Heynckes formed the sucessful teams within a year.

Pep got his reputation and people expected alot obviously, but these things usually take some time.
He still made some weird and shitty decisions though.
What I'm really curious about his, if he's able to adept if something doesn't work out, for example his tactics.

Okay, I've said enough good things about him.
Time to wash my mouth.

Probity

U will always find counter arguments.

I hope he turns out to be as good as you believe he can be. Thanks for trying, you're still cool and post a lot of awesome information for the club that I normally find later.

Also, I will read the biography and see how I feel afterwards, thanks for that idea. I had forgotten about it.

Blablurn

I hope he turns out to be as good as you believe he can be. Thanks for trying, you're still cool and post a lot of awesome information for the club that I normally find later.

Also, I will read the biography and see how I feel afterwards, thanks for that idea. I had forgotten about it.
No idea. I just like what we did in recent years. I still remember dark times under van gaal and klinsmann. We have improved so much. And the fact that out of all teams we managed to lure pep to bayern speaks for our development.

We even managed to deliver the base structure for the german world cup win this year.

A dream hoeneß had for years.

Considering we achieved that too, its time to strive for more. I dont mind adding some more foreign players like benatia or bernat.

You have to go with the times. Just look at chelsea. They buy, buy and buy. If we dont want to fall behind again, its time to invest.

FootballFan

Brilliant post as always Pete.

Abraxas

Kike: "Just before the ankle injury, Reus negotiated his move to Arsenal to the point where he even traveled to London to talk to the Gunners."

Pls god.

Carbonox

Bought this last night. Real comfortable to sleep in

XCuagYfl.jpg

people still sleep in tops?

I'm tempted to buy it. It's quite the difference from previous shirts, enough for me to justify the purchase. Looks nice and comfortable too.

I'm still gutted I couldn't get one of those Special Edition shirts that were worn last Summer for a brief period in preseason. Only a bunch were ever released and they were so fucking sexy. Even the plain white ones used in some preseason games this Summer are real nice too.

Newcastle never release the best shirts. Always use the shitty ones for their away/third kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom