• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...armour-nike-right-match?ex_cid=sportscenterTW

Damn. That's a big endorsement deal.. I wonder how much Adidas pays Messi and Nike pays CR7?
According to this:

http://www.*****************/sport/...ps-sponsorship-deal-list-World-Cup-stars.html

£13.6 million/year for Messi
£14.1 million/year for Ronaldo

Roughly equivalent to the rumored KD/UA deal.

Rovell says Jordan is still making $100 million/year from Jordan Brand. Crazy.

Di Maria will move to United if they offer the same amount as PSG (Cadena Cope)

DO IT WOODWAAAAARD

giphy.gif

Jarnet87

Where's RVP?

Gone. Captain Roo loses all of his hair during this season and regains his 09 form. Lewis is impressed and RVP's whole head goes gray while waiting on the bench. He requests a transfer back to Arsenal and we comply. He gets hurt in preseason. Time is a flat circle.

If Arsenal sell Poldi to Turkey, I'm gonna be mad.

Doubt anyone from Bundesliga will be interested in him.

Neither Bayern,Dortmund,Leverkusen or Schalke need him that badly.
Other clubs won't be able to afford him, only Hamburg could be another option.
I seriously doubt it though.

Selling important players, destroying the whole squad structure and signing Podolski sounds like something Effzeh would do.

Just kidding, Schmadtke does a good job there

omgkitty

Doubt anyone from Bundesliga will be interested in him.

Neither Bayern,Dortmund,Leverkusen or Schalke need him that badly.
Other clubs won't be able to afford him, only Hamburg could be another option.
I seriously doubt it though.

Isn't Koln back in the Bundesliga again?

Pennywise

Isn't Koln back in the Bundesliga again?
They are, but first of all the club pretty much has enough financial problems without Podolski and he's still good enough for a better club.
The coach from Cologne also said, before these rumors even came up, someone like Podolski would destroy the wage structure and it wouldn't be so wise to have one superstar when you need to form a team.
Looks like they're smarter now and don't repeat the same mistakes D:

Selling important players, destroying the whole squad structure and signing Podolski sounds like something Effzeh would do.

Just kidding, Schmadtke does a good job there

Yeah.

LegoArmo

But Wooderz said Unlimited Funds! :*(

Remember reading that in order to get paid #TheFullAmount from the Adidas deal, United had to qualify for the CL. This true?

I think it's if United fail to qualify for the Champions League for two consecutive seasons, starting from the 15/16 season, the deal will be cut.

When Rooney eventually becomes owner of Man Utd and decides to rename the club and make himself manager and clone himself so he can have all 11 hims on the pitch:

will never happen, pls understand

omgkitty

I really like Podolski but he just doesn't work in our system. He can't hold the ball up and his movement isn't great. He'd be much better if we were a counter attacking side. He still bangs them in but he's pretty much shit at everything else.

Pennywise

When Rooney eventually becomes owner of Man Utd and decides to rename the club and make himself manager and clone himself so he can have all 11 hims on the pitch:

will never happen pls

Why would he clone himself ? Just get into a pub and drag 10 half drunk guys who're not fat but not in shape either onto the pitch.

L1NETT

Any future with Yaya Sanogo up front is a bleak one

Like The Road bleak

May as well stick a card board cut out of Henry up there

I really like Podolski but he just doesn't work in our system. He can't hold the ball up and his movement isn't great. He'd be much better if we were a counter attacking side. He still bangs them in but he's pretty much shit at everything else.

Yeah. I want to see us play as a counter attacking team so he is always my prefered starter. Otherwise he is just a slower white Walcott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom