• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

FootballFan

I'm still laughing at goons at work who laughed at me when I said Costa would be a great ST for Chelsea.
"Bu bu buu, Spanish football....bu bu pace of EPL."

Thanks for the FF points, Costa! loool

Probably people who didn't watch Atletico but watched the World Cup(casual fans).

Costa will unfortunately continue to do well I feel.

L1NETT

I need some advice. Who do you guys think will get more points tomorrow in FPL: Sturridge, Ramsey or Sterling. I have to pick two of them for my UFPL team ( I'm 36th!). I could pick all three but it's a gamble since Tadic got 5 points and he is my lowest reasonable scorer to replace.

Calum Wilson

I'd go Ramsey and Sturridge. Actually Sterling. No Sturridge. GAH. Ramsey and one of them. Flip a coin

Remy would be a decent back up signing for us, good age and price but I really don't think we're that bothered about him, we just know he he's the easiest player to sign in that position before Monday.

Jose wants destro but a deal before Monday is nearly impossible and we've wanted lavezzi all summer but couldn't get him although I heard he was absent from psgs team so maybe it's on.

Either way, id much prefer destro to remy but remy will be easier to sell than lavezzitoo I guess before we can go for another player.

Clegg

I know United looking to sign a defender and midfielder before the window closes has already been mentioned but I'd like to recommend that everyone read the article it originated from. It's by Daniel Taylor and it's on the Guardian site. It's basically an overview on how the transfer window has been approached by the big clubs.

You guys are all wrong

Rooney---RVP---Januzaj
Di Maria--Blind---Herrera
Shaw--Rojo--Jones--Rafael
------de Gea isn't leaving----

Rooney can work on the left because Di Maria can shadow him and provide dribbling that he can't.

We will get top 4. The defenders have to learn how to pass it out from the back. A 352 will eventually perform better than the current shite displays, but it will never be the best formation due to Young and Valencia being preferred in the wingback roles.

You guys are all wrong

Rooney---RVP---Januzaj

Rooney can work on the left because Di Maria can shadow him and provide dribbling that he can't.

We will get top 4. The defenders have to learn how to pass it out from the back. A 352 will eventually perform better than the current shite displays, but it will never be the best formation due to Young and Valencia being preferred in the wingback roles.

One issue there - you've put 4 at the back

3-5-2 or death

Calum Wilson

I'd go Ramsey and Sturridge. Actually Sterling. No Sturridge. GAH. Ramsey and one of them. Flip a coin

The issue is that last season Liverpool beat Spurs 9-0 on aggregate. Can I ignore that head to head record? However Sturddige didn't score in either of the matches. Please My Lord McAllister, give me the answer.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You guys are all wrong

Rooney---RVP---Januzaj

I see lots of 4-3-3 formations but no indication that he is willing to use it. Think he is dead set on getting 3-5-2 to work.

wedward

You guys are all wrong

Rooney---RVP---Januzaj

40m on the bench. What a flop.

L1NETT

The issue is that last season Liverpool beat Spurs 9-0 on aggregate. Can I ignore that head to head record? However Sturddige didn't score in either of the matches. Please My Lord McAllister, give me the answer.

Wanna say Spurs are stronger

No Michael Dawson

But still a newly formed team

Oh fuck if I know haha

Looking forward to Spurs-Liverpool tomorrow, hopefully it'll be as entertaining as the Chelsea game today.

Speaking of Chelsea, I think we'll regret not going for Cesc in the long run. Brilliant buy. And Costa, what a lovable cunt lol

Scum

You guys are all wrong

Rooney---RVP---Januzaj

Rooney will work the left alright. Then the right. Then the centre. Then LB position. Then replace De Gea in goal. ¬_¬
You'd be better off with a training cone. At least it'd stay in position and onside throughout the whole game. :p

Looking forward to Spurs-Liverpool tomorrow, hopefully it'll be as entertaining as the Chelsea game today.

Speaking of Chelsea, I think we'll regret not going for Cesc in the long run. Brilliant buy. And Costa, what a lovable cunt lol

As a Liverpool fan, we better fucking win. Should be a good game. Got 5 a side before that so yeah, good day.

Also, everyone loves Cunt so Costa is ok in my book

I see lots of 4-3-3 formations but no indication that he is willing to use it. Think he is dead set on getting 3-5-2 to work.

The only way a 352 will work with Blind, Di Maria, and Herrera is to play Di Maria in wingback. Today he would have had to use Valencia as a rb as Rafael isn't fit yet. Either that or use Jones as rb, Blackett and Evans as the cbs, and Young as the lb because Rojo and Shaw can't play yet. That would have made the defense worse.

40m on the bench. What a flop.

Who cares. He can start also start over Januzaj. Not a big deal.

Scum

Wanna say Spurs are stronger

No Michael Dawson

But still a newly formed team

Oh fuck if I know haha

Poch vs Sherwood.

C'mon

image.php

3Sixty

I literally can't win with Spurs vs Liverpool.

Unless someone spurs player snaps Lovren, gets sent of decks Poch for moaning about it then goes into the stands and takes a dump on Lallana's face.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
When you put it like that yeah

But it is still Tottenham Hotspur

Until last season's aberration our home record against Liverpool in recent years is very good.

This was our team for the 5-0:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Capoue Naughton (Fryers 46')
Sandro (Holtby 30') Dembele (Townsend 61')
Lennon Paulinho Chadli
Soldado

Tomorrow we will play:

Lloris
Dier Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Capoue Bentaleb
Lamela Eriksen Chadli
Adebayor

A completely different team and with Adebayor up front Liverpool will have a lot more to worry about. No half-fit Sandro, no Naughton, no Capoue as a CB, no Paulinho.

Danchi

Wenger doesn't really rate him. It would have been the most reluctant bid of his tenure.

Yeah, there's been rumours of Remy every year since he was playing back in France. Considering he's never been particularly pricey, you have to assume Wenger has never thought that much of him.

If Chelsea signing Remy means they don't get Destro, I'm all for it.

Until last season's aberration our home record against Liverpool in recent years is very good.

This was our team for the 5-0:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Capoue Naughton (Fryers 46')
Sandro (Holtby 30') Dembele (Townsend 61')
Lennon Paulinho Chadli
Soldado

Tomorrow we will play:

Lloris
Dier Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Capoue Bentaleb
Lamela Eriksen Chadli
Adebayor

A completely different team and with Adebayor up front Liverpool will have a lot more to worry about. No half-fit Sandro, no Naughton, no Capoue as a CB, no Paulinho.

No Paulinho was also a problem in that game remember because he studded Suarez in the chest and then we collapsed.

Top Bottom