• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Osvaldo is a joke.

but one of those timeless great jokes you use to break the ice or pull someone

“On the pitch you can say anything you want and I don’t care, but off it you’d best leave me alone. Off the field I am Daniel and anything that happens is my business, so don’t stick your nose in.”

Orstein has spoken, says that Arsenal haven't met release clause for Remy but are in talks with QPR if they let forward go.

Assume Podolski or Campbell is leaving then?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So apparently Rene Meulensteen is coming back to United :eek:, according to some sky journos

So exactly what was it that Liverpool are afraid of with Remy's health that Arsenal and Chelsea seemingly aren't bothered by?

Wonder if it was a minor concern that we'd have overlooked if we didn't have Balotelli as a backup plan and it was the last week of the window. Or crazy wage demands.

Wonder if Balotelli beign dropped by Italy will make him play better to reclaim his place, or worse as it rocks his confidence/makes him play even more selfishly and flashy

tri_willy

Wonder if it was a minor concern that we'd have overlooked if we didn't have Balotelli as a backup plan and it was the last week of the window. Or crazy wage demands.

Wonder if Balotelli beign dropped by Italy will make him play better to reclaim his place, or worse as it rocks his confidence/makes him play even more selfishly and flashy

would like to think that if mario tries the latter, he would get sniped by brendan

Phlebas

Banned
His inability to lean.

We dropped him when talks with Balotelli began. Had nothing to do with his health.

1900132_606439942788146_8009991751560970608_n.jpg

World class lean

I bet Remy can't lean like this

... What would they have to talk about? It's a release clause.

Maybe things like payment structure or haggling over a bit less money. I heard on 5 Live that QPR accepted Chelsea's second bid, so they maybe they tried the same. If you know you can get him for a certain price then why not offer a little bit less.

would like to think that if mario tries the latter, he would get sniped by brendan

One of the reasons it's imperative that Sturridge stays fit. As long as Balotelli isn't guaranteed to start every game regardless of his form, he should be good.

Surprised the media haven't made anything up yet about him. Only a matter of time.

not that they need to make a lot of it up to get him in the papers :p

Salvadora

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
#AFC have dropped Remy interest. Enquired but no longer pursuing. Currently not close to any signings before deadline #QPR #CFC #bbcfootball

It's all coming up Moyes :(

#AFC have dropped Remy interest. Enquired but no longer pursuing. Currently not close to any signings before deadline #QPR #CFC #bbcfootball

Think that's fake m8, it's nowhere on his profile :lol

Edit: ...just checked again, it is :(

Blablurn

#shaqiri zu #ssnhd: "wäre gerne gegangen um Spielpraxis zu sammeln. Verein hat entschieden, dass ich bleibe. Werde alles geben!"

"i wanted to go to play some more but the team decided that i must stay. but i wil give everything."

Arnie

So you either giggled at his wage demands or went in for him and withdrew interest once you'd learnt he was off to Chelsea.

Either way Arsenal were always going to struglgle for a new striker this late in the game; there just aren't many of top calibre available for a transfer. Remy has flashes of brilliance and has oodles of pace, so he would've been a good option.

My biggest challenge to Balotelli is to make me glad we lost out on Remy.

Pennywise

#shaqiri zu #ssnhd: "wäre gerne gegangen um Spielpraxis zu sammeln. Verein hat entschieden, dass ich bleibe. Werde alles geben!"

"i wanted to go to play some more but the team decided that i must stay. but i wil give everything."
Should have sent the cunt away with Dante.

Plasma

Banned

Can't wait for the old we don't need another striker anyway because we have all these wide forwards line on Tuesday.

3Sixty

Wasn't he cleared and the case dropped? So....he's not

Not like Cunt Evans. Fucking Blades wankers giving him contract

Still a bellend though.

“Girls can be greedy and vicious,” The Sun quoted him as saying.

“When you’re a footballer, single, and want to have fun, you can have any girl you want.

Sounds like rape justifying to me.

Thing with Ched is, i don't understand how he was convicted but his mate wasn't.

By keeping Shaqiri when he wanted to move, they've put too much pressure on him to impress individually before Robben and Ribery come back, making him play even worse than he would normally.

Should have just let him leave.

Arnie

Bungie/Usho

Got mates down. They wanna go the game. What tube do we get off? Are there touts? Will we have to jib? Are there away pubs? Are we fucked?

I've tried to convince them to come to the pub but they're possessed by the "when in Rome" attitude.

Still a bellend though.

“Girls can be greedy and vicious,” The Sun quoted him as saying.

“When you’re a footballer, single, and want to have fun, you can have any girl you want.

Sounds like rape justifying to me.

Sounds more like 'she's made it up. Why would I rape someone when my profession means I could pull pretty much anyone I wanted to?'

Bungie/Usho

Got mates down. They wanna go the game. What tube do we get off? Are there touts? Will we have to jib? Are there away pubs? Are we fucked?

I've tried to convince them to come to the pub but they're possessed by the "when in Rome" attitude.

Seven Sisters

Top Bottom