• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Scum

Fucking international break just as the season gets into full swing. Fuck's sake. 2 weeks :(

You love it. Can't get enough of it, innit.
iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png

Bold One

When I think about it this way, the fact that we bough some genuinely good players and slowly we are actually getting rid of the ones who dont advance us, its a good sign, as a first step this is monumentally better than last summer. Next window I am sure we will bring 1 or 2 more in and next summer more will be shifted and more brought in. Slowly we are building a team to compete, im not ready to give up top 4 this year but it wouldnt surprise me if that is out of reach for the current crop, next season if we enforce right who knows?

A big thing to realise is that Gaal is building HIS team and we have very clear signs of where he is going.

Definately, I think we will see the back of one of Young or Valencia in January, I really do.

Heck even if LVG doesn't crack top 4, I wouldn't be mad, I think everyone, the board included underestimated the work required to get back to winning ways.

Slowly but surely we will get there, in the mean time, I am just happy the football is back despite the fact United's brand of it has been dire

I am happy for this international break.

Hopefully when we come back we can add Rojo, Shaw, Rafael, Blind and Herrera to the team.

And 2 more weeks on the training pitch means the players know what the hell they're doing.

RVP might be out for a bit from the rumours so maybe we can try Di Maria up front.

leadbelly

Banned
It's not Sanogo's fault. Wenger throwing him into the deep end.

Ultimately it is Wenger's fault, but this isn't the first game Sanogo's started, or been picked ahead of other players from the sub bench. At some point in a footballer's career they have got to step up. He's had his chances.

Hixx

As wedward said, he played 35 games last season and has controlled the midfield on a good number of occasions.

As in, driving forward or stopping opposition attacks etc.

When I said he was a "complete" midfielder, I was referring to his general all-round game. Which is pretty fantastic in all respects. You haven't really said what weaknesses you were referring to other than vague "doesn't control the game" and have pretty much dismissed my points.

Whether or not he's world class is a different matter, and I wasn't taking issue with your opinion on that.

because i don't care enough to continue

If he played for Sunderland I'd discuss all day but to be plainly honest, I don't care enough to make a detailed argument for my opinion.

Borussia Dortmund sign Shinji Kagawa as Manchester United eye Arturo Vidal

Manchester United are keen to offload high-earning fringe players go following the purchase of Ángel di María for £59.7m, and the futures at Manchester United of Danny Welbeck, Tom Cleverley and Javier Hernández hang in the balance on Monday while Louis van Gaal is already working on targets to sign in January as the manager believes the squad still requires further rebuilding.

Van Gaal has not ruled out a late move for Juventus’s Arturo Vidal or any further strengthening before 11pm on Monday despite high-ranking sources at United claiming there is a “very low probability” of more signings.

Despite United sources saying that Van Gaal is “pleased” with the summer recruits, the Dutchman is working on targets for the January and summer windows. As reported by the Guardian in June Kevin Strootman, who is recovering from a serious knee injury, is the manager’s prime target for the winter window, with the Roma midfielder keen on a move to United.

Mitten be praised.

P44

Definately, I think we will see the back of one of Young or Valencia in January, I really do.

Heck even if LVG doesn't crack top 4, I wouldn't be mad, I think everyone, the board included underestimated the work required to get back to winning ways.

Slowly but surely we will get there, in the mean time, I am just happy the football is back despite the fact United's brand of it has been dire

I have a feeling the January window will be a CB and a replacement for Valencia probably.

Salvadora

because i don't care enough to continue

If he played for Sunderland I'd discuss all day but to be plainly honest, I don't care enough to make a detailed argument for my opinion.
Fair enough, but don't bite my head off when I contend what you're saying.

What is your preferred position?

‘I’m a striker but the thing is I can adapt myself for any situation. I have played on the left and the right side in the past, so I know I can play anywhere in the attacking positions. It’s up to the manager where he decides to put me.’

Part of a Remy interview on Chelseafc.com

Exacly why we signed him. Buying an out and out striker would have been a possible mistake as it would be difficult to keep them happy (in the long run) but I think Remy will be fine.

I'd still love to sign Destro though <3

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So hard to make predictions with a few of the buys not n the team yet and some not-shit players injured.

Gaal is going to buy his way to a 3-5-2, but when it happens finally, should be something special.

The major issue I have is that we cant scrape out wins playing this way, there were chances in every one of our games to get goals and we havent taken them, last game Di Maria could have, and should have, had 2 assists in the first half, the complexion of the game changes then, but the finishing is not happening. Its going to take a while to gel, but we have definately lost that ability to win dirty and we will need that in these next few months as we begin to shape better and the ideas get across.

I could easily see us midtable at Christmas and maybe that would give us too much to do, we are talking 4th here aswell not 3rd, i hope we can stay in contention in the new year and one of Arsenal and Liverpool really underperform, either way the second half of the season will be a dogfight for fourth

operon

Liverpool have good fullbacks now, and a bench. We subbed Allen and Balotelli for Can and Markovic. How great is that?

What a time to be alive. We have everything to have another great season again.
It's a great time to be alive

K1LLER7

I am happy for this international break.

Hopefully when we come back we can add Rojo, Shaw, Rafael, Blind and Herrera to the team.

And 2 more weeks on the training pitch means the players know what the hell they're doing.

RVP might be out for a bit from the rumours so maybe we can try Di Maria up front.
Januzaj with Rooney.

wedward

Wilshere over Cesc. I don't even...

Eh, I get it. Jack is 22 and an academy lad. Wenger is probably too loyal, but not really fair to Jack.

I still have faith Jack will live up to his potential.

Lol you clowns whinging. Have fun.

Yes, we are clowns for expecting more.

What is the excuse this time?

Next 7 Arsenal matches: Man City (H), Dortmund (CL) A), Aston Villa (A), Southampton (H), Tottenham (H), Galatasaray (CL) (H), Chelsea (A)

Rough seas ahead.

10 minutes played and I already feel like committing sudoku. Christ this is bad. We got two players with some speed to them, that will create something for the team offensively... That is a youngster who is very inconsistent and a left back....

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If we had a competent striker and hadn't stuck Ozil on the left fucking wing, we'd have won today.

Arsenal didn't need to sign Fabregas.

They needed to sign, as everyone knows, a better CB, DM and CF than the ones they had.

And they didn't. So what's the surprise.

Scum

Well, there's Pulis, and MoPo once he's available in Nov.

Eh, I get it. Jack is 22 and an academy lad. Wenger is probably too loyal, but not really fair to Jack.

I still have faith Jack will live up to his potential.

How long a wait though? Cesc would have slotted into that squad without any problems whatsoever.

10 minutes played and I already feel like committing sudoku. Christ this is bad. We got two players with some speed to them, that will create something for the team offensively... That is a youngster who is very inconsistent and a left back....

:-/

Top Bottom