• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Suen

Fuck it. Arsenal pisses me off so much. Villareal must slay Barcelona and Parma and Madrid must win today.

#HalaVillareal

Arnie

Liverpool won. And well.

Arsenal drew. And poorly.

The pub beer garden has the Spanish football on an outside telly.

Match of the Day 2 to come.

What a time to be alive.

Scum

Any of you guys have any predictions for hectic deadline deals tomorrow?

Cavani to Arsenal
Negredo to Valencia
Falcao to City
Man Utd will make a mental bid for Vidal but it'll be too late

I would have had Cavani to Chelsea if they hadn't just pinched Remy.

Barzul

Sanogo can't compete with Leicester defenders and he's somehow to make a difference in the CL? Pathetic from Wenger. Throwing him into the deep end.

Salvadora

He scores smashing goals and gets involved and as such is important to Arsenal absolutely.

But 'complete' and 'world class' he certainly fucking isn't. I have never seen Aaron Ramsey control a game in the way a world class midfielder regularly does.

In reality he's had half a good season. Anyone declaring him anything remotely close to world class after that is mental. Come back when he's played a 40+ game season and has shown that form consistently over it.
As wedward said, he played 35 games last season and has controlled the midfield on a good number of occasions.

As in, driving forward or stopping opposition attacks etc.

When I said he was a "complete" midfielder, I was referring to his general all-round game. Which is pretty fantastic in all respects. You haven't really said what weaknesses you were referring to other than vague "doesn't control the game" and have pretty much dismissed my points.

Whether or not he's world class is a different matter, and I wasn't taking issue with your opinion on that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Sky touting up this Munir guy for Barca, never heard of him, he supposed to be the next big thing?

wedward

I am one of the best players in the world.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 1m
1 - Mesut Özil has assisted one goal in his last 10 Premier League games. Drifted.

In the #10 positions.

Which he hasn't played this season.

everyone is shit. including him. no excuse really.

City don't need Falcao, they need a new set of physios to keep their big players injured.

If I were Arsenal I wouldn't go for Falcao with his recent injury and their injury record either.

He should go to Madrid, they can afford to have him do shit/get injured

Scum

Chelsea and to a lesser extent Liverpool won the weekend, of the top 8 anyway

Liverpool won. And well.

Arsenal drew. And poorly.

The pub beer garden has the Spanish football on an outside telly.

Match of the Day 2 to come.

What a time to be alive.

TmMPSj7.png

Fry

Liverpool have good fullbacks now, and a bench. We subbed Allen and Balotelli for Can and Markovic. How great is that?

What a time to be alive. We have everything to have another great season again.

EmiPrime

For me that was tired Arsenal side come against good, battling Leicester City team who deserve a lot of credit.

Not lolz Arsenal we are so fucking shit Wenger shit we r shit lol shit lol

I think that's a fair assessment. These things happen after all, City lost at home to Stoke this week too.

I think the frustration (at least for me) is with the transfers we have done. Sanogo isn't good enough to start for Arsenal and Cesc.... :(

sneaky77

i can't believe beinsports is keeping volleyball on instead of switching to the Barca game like they had on their schedule, now I have to watch it on crappy quality on beinsports ñ

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Rojo, Luke (Fatty boombatty) Shaw

I can't say we have too much to be upset about

When I think about it this way, the fact that we bough some genuinely good players and slowly we are actually getting rid of the ones who dont advance us, its a good sign, as a first step this is monumentally better than last summer. Next window I am sure we will bring 1 or 2 more in and next summer more will be shifted and more brought in. Slowly we are building a team to compete, im not ready to give up top 4 this year but it wouldnt surprise me if that is out of reach for the current crop, next season if we enforce right who knows?

A big thing to realise is that Gaal is building HIS team and we have very clear signs of where he is going.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Watch the Milan match then Barca and Madrid later.

Fuck Arsenal. Arsene needs to go, we need a striker not some unproven, useless youngster in Sanogo.

Plasma

Banned
Sanogo can't compete with Leicester defenders and he's somehow to make a difference in the CL? Pathetic from Wenger. Throwing him into the deep end.

Thing is I don't really have a problem with Sanogo, I just don't see why we're giving him the minutes when he should go out on loan. Pack him off to Lorient like we did with Campbell, have him come back in a couple of years and we'll see if he's improved if not sell him.

We did the same thing with Alex Song, carried him for years in the first team and he still turned out to be crap. If these players are good enough they'll eventually break through, even Wilshere and Ramsey went out on loan to get experience.

avaya

I will love the excuses when Mourinho rips Wenger a new arsehole for the 100th time this season. Cesc to score as well.

P44

When I think about it this way, the fact that we bough some genuinely good players and slowly we are actually getting rid of the ones who dont advance us, its a good sign, as a first step this is monumentally better than last summer. Next window I am sure we will bring 1 or 2 more in and next summer more will be shifted and more brought in. Slowly we are building a team to compete, im not ready to give up top 4 this year but it wouldnt surprise me if that is out of reach for the current crop, next season if we enforce right who knows?

A big thing to realise is that Gaal is building HIS team and we have very clear signs of where he is going.

So hard to make predictions with a few of the buys not n the team yet and some not-shit players injured.

Gaal is going to buy his way to a 3-5-2, but when it happens finally, should be something special.

Top Bottom