• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Draconian

Arsenal didn't need to sign Fabregas.

They needed to sign, as everyone knows, a better CB, DM and CF than the ones they had.

And they didn't. So what's the surprise.

Fabregas would've improved the squad. It also would've stopped him going to one of their biggest rivals. Seems like a win-win to me.

L1NETT

Those are reasonably large 'ifs' under Wenger.

Thing is, you can understand the frustration when issues been so glaring for years now. Especially for the holding player. Ain't had a good once since Gilberto. That's mad to think about.

Fabregas would've improved the squad. It also would've stopped him going to one of their biggest rivals. Seems like a win-win to me.

Run the issue of upsetting the applecart with how many similar players they have in similar positions.

Would have moved Rosicky and maybe Cazorla on myself to make room for him, but I ain't a football manager

Wonder why Sanchez has so little impact on Arsenal (haven't watched any of their games so far). And then James is in crappy from too from what I heard (again, yet to see in action) - wonder if they were doped for WC and are now recovering.
Not that, say, German player weren't, it's just that both really stood out for me at the WC.

Heh Islam Feruz has returned from him loan move to Krylia Sovetov... After being there 2 days.

"I'm really sorry about it, but after few days in Russia, I realized that I'm not ready for such massive turnover in my life. I have nothing against club or fans. But I still feel there not very comfortable, and this feeling would not allow me to give my best on the pitch".

If I was a black 18 year old I probably wouldn't feel too comfortable there either.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Dost thou darest to slander our Lord Ramsey

thou must pay with tedious rhetoric about him being "world class"

Didn't fancy naming any names of potential candidates to replace Wenger then?

Martinez for one. I reckon he'd be class at Arsenal, but no doubt he'd chose Everton over us.

All the best managers will turn us down now because we're a fucking joke, years and years of bad decisions have cost us. Top 4 finish again this year if we're lucky, people were deluding themselves when they thought we'd win the league this year.

P44

The major issue I have is that we cant scrape out wins playing this way, there were chances in every one of our games to get goals and we havent taken them, last game Di Maria could have, and should have, had 2 assists in the first half, the complexion of the game changes then, but the finishing is not happening. Its going to take a while to gel, but we have definately lost that ability to win dirty and we will need that in these next few months as we begin to shape better and the ideas get across.

I could easily see us midtable at Christmas and maybe that would give us too much to do, we are talking 4th here aswell not 3rd, i hope we can stay in contention in the new year and one of Arsenal and Liverpool really underperform, either way the second half of the season will be a dogfight for fourth

Well, I'm hoping with the players hitting the team after the break help the defence hold a bit better and some more forward thinking play. If I see another sideways pass I'm going to kill myself.

wedward

Wonder why Sanchez has so little impact on Arsenal (haven't watched any of their games so far). And then James is in crappy from too from what I heard (again, yet to see in action) - wonder if they were doped for WC and are now recovering.
Not that, say, German player weren't, it's just that both really stood out for me at the WC.

Scored 2 goals for us.

No CF to pass to. Not enough space because everyone wants to play in the same position. Still doesn't look like he is totally fit.

All the best managers will turn us down now because we're a fucking joke, years and years of bad decisions have cost us.

Don't buy this at all. We are still in a very good position. Have a stadium, solid group of players, facilities are great and we have money to spend.

P44

Heh Islam Feruz has returned from him loan move to Krylia Sovetov... After being there 2 days.

"I'm really sorry about it, but after few days in Russia, I realized that I'm not ready for such massive turnover in my life. I have nothing against club or fans. But I still feel there not very comfortable, and this feeling would not allow me to give my best on the pitch".

If I was a black 18 year old I probably wouldn't feel too comfortable there either.

TRANSLATION: "I want to live"

Go_Ly_Dow

have a feeling tomorrow is gonna be glorious with the TGS conference and then followed by absolute transfer madness

expecting VidalGATE, Falcao madness and much more

Scum

Needs a ST to link up with and DM to cover for him.

EmiPrime

Well, there's Pulis, and MoPo once he's available in Nov.

How long a wait though? Cesc would have slotted into that squad without any problems whatsoever.

I'm sure Levy will give him a season, maybe two before sacking him!

And yeah, he would have. :/

Name some who are available, who would come to replace your best ever manager.

They never can. The best possible candidate with the qualities needed (intelligent, can work well even with limited resources, likely to be around for longer than 5 years) is Klopp and he isn't going to leave BVB.

Peco

FOOTBALL IS ALIVE BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

image.php

Plasma

Banned
Wenger in tonight's #motd2 interview: We are active, we are trying but everytime you don't win a game the solution is not to buy a player.

This is what really pisses me off, it isn't this one game that any of us are worried about it's how we're going to play for the rest of the season with our squad the way it is.

L1NETT

Martinez for one. I reckon he'd be class at Arsenal, but no doubt he'd chose Everton over us.

All the best managers will turn us down now because we're a fucking joke, years and years of bad decisions have cost us. Top 4 finish again this year if we're lucky, people were deluding themselves when they thought we'd win the league this year.

Ehhhh Martinez's teams at Wigan and Everton (seen yesterday) have been in patches shaky defensively. And top managers will still want to manage Arsenal, don't be silly. Big club, big budget, big fanbase etc. That hasn't gone anywhere

Not saying he's the worst option, see how he matures next few years at Everton, but I really don't think at the moment he is the one to take over at Arsenal.

FM is going nuts on me, every competent LB I want to buy goes for at least 60M. I don't care that I have the money, I'm not going to spend a stupid amount of money on your talented LB just because I can :mad:

How the hell do I convince a player to hand in a transfer request?

wedward

Do you really have to ask? The correct answer is always physicality.

Not really. He has looked fine against defenders. Has the pace and strength to beat players. His final ball hasn't been great, but I would say that has more to do with a lack of understanding and poor movement from our players.

Esch

Banned
Every time there's a game that highlights poor arsenal player choices or a position deficiency in the postgame interview Wenger says

"well bruv, if the solution to mediocre results is to buy more players, then"

classic troll manager

omgkitty

About 29 hours left, and Rabiot is looking like he's going to Roma, no news on Sokratis because that was never going to happen and Remy went to Chelsea. The next day is going to be hard.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
There is just too little noise going around for us to seriously think any more deals are on the table, we would be hearing from all ends that something was up, United gossip is too profitable for newspapers for this little information to be out so close to deadline.

Probably 1 or 2 off i think

For us it's about trimming our squad to free funds up for a new keeper/January/next summer. We seem pretty happy with the state of our squad. Still got one too many CBs, but neither Toure or Coates are on massive wages afaik

Imagine we'd be willing to listen to offers for Johnson, Coates, Toure, Lucas, Assaidi* and Borini, though it's not imperative that we get any of them off the books, especially Lucas who could come in handy at some point

*didn't even know he was still here til Yen mentioned it earlier, thought we'd loaned him back out

Wes

venison crêpe
@MOgdenTelegraph 2m

Very little chance of #mcfc signing Falcao tomorrow. Would need to offload an injured striker (Negredo) before even thinking about it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ehhhh Martinez's teams at Wigan and Everton (seen yesterday) have been in patches shaky defensively. And top managers will still want to manage Arsenal, don't be silly. Big club, big budget, big fanbase etc. That hasn't gone anywhere

Not saying he's the worst option, see how he matures next few years at Everton, but I really don't think at the moment he is the one to take over at Arsenal.

Tbh I'm just venting, it's just so frustrating. We really only need a few signings but Wenger just seems to not care at all. We could have had Remy but all we did was make a phonecall and never followed up.

wedward

This is what really pisses me off, it isn't this one game that any of us are worried about it's how we're going to play for the rest of the season with our squad the way it is.

Yeah, that is bullshit from him.

Even if we had won today I still would say we need a CB, DM and striker.

Linius

FM is going nuts on me, every competent LB I want to buy goes for at least 60M. I don't care that I have the money, I'm not going to spend a stupid amount of money on your talented LB just because I can :mad:

How the hell do I convince a player to hand in a transfer request?

What are you even trying to do? Just sell all your best players and win the game.

Lakitu

st5fu
For us it's about trimming our squad to free funds up for a new keeper/January/next summer. We seem pretty happy with the state of our squad. Still got one too many CBs, but neither Toure or Coates are on massive wages afaik

Imagine we'd be willing to listen to offers for Johnson, Coates, Toure, Lucas, Assaidi* and Borini, though it's not imperative that we get any of them off the books, especially Lucas who could come in handy at some point

*didn't even know he was still here til Yen mentioned it earlier, thought we'd loaned him back out

Still think we need a world-class CM at some point.

leadbelly

Banned
How long a wait though? Cesc would have slotted into that squad without any problems whatsoever.

Cesc was loyal to Arsenal, and I think if Wenger wanted him badly enough, he would have been back there, but now that Cesc is at Chelsea, I have a feeling he thinks he made the right decision. Chelsea are building a very good side, and I'm sure Cesc can see that.

Pennywise

About 29 hours left, and Rabiot is looking like he's going to Roma, no news on Sokratis because that was never going to happen and Remy went to Chelsea. The next day is going to be hard.
Sokratis would be an improvement to your CBs, so it's not gonna happen.

Top Bottom