• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

We've gone fucking insane. Was Larsson our last loanee? Do we have an option to buy?

WHAT WILL BE THE FORMATIONS?

Messi,+Ronaldo,+Rooney,+Victor+Moses+Prepare+to+Save+Earth+in+Sensational+New+Commercial.jpg

Feorax

Another striker who will feel the wrath of zero service
e5YuU.gif

Looks like we're signing Coates on loan, so no Borini at all. Fuck him.

I'd go all out to get Welbeck now on loan. PERFECT to replace Borini.

You're getting a good defender there. His goal vs QPR will remain with me forever.

Looks like we still want Borini, Assaidi, Lucas and Suso out today.

FuturusX

You're not denying us anything.

We won't pay a 28 year old CF £200,000 p/w +.

It's not how we do things.

With your main striker injured and perhaps a loan of some kind - sounds cheap to me.

But you are right - the salary was probably always going to be the stumbling block...

L1NETT

12m for a season long loan is inSANE

any word on wages. Bloke clearly loves the dollar

---

Also in what makes the transfer window seem like the spunk money rich wankfest it is, today is also the day Hereford United and Sailsbury City are likely to go under as clubs

Sad

Tc91

But we haven't missed out on Champions League football for 17 years....

It would be pretty funny if it happened. Arsenal crying out for a world class striker, Falcao is ready for £12m loan deal and Wenger walks off.

12m for a season long lone is inSANE

---

Also in what makes the transfer window seem like the spunk money rich wankfest it is, today is also the day Hereford United and Sailsbury City are likely to go under as clubs

Sad

£200,000 a week apparently, £12m fee, £20m in total.

DBT85

Sad

Make a transfer tax. To register a player for the PL for anew club you have to pay say £50,000, and that money goes to helping lower league clubs only in some way.

H1PSTER

Falcao must not like the Champion League. Missed out last year too by moving to Monaco. Didn't play in it for Atletico either.

FuturusX

£20m for a season long loan doesn't sound cheap to me tbh.

To protect CL football? I think it's reasonable. I actually trust Wenger though - the club has to have a plan B.

I still don't see UTD finishing 4th. Getting all those players to gel....but they sure are throwing money at the problem.

Danchi

12m for a season long loan is inSANE

---

Sad

I don't think it's necessarily fair to say Falcao is a "mercenary." There's been a few articles about how his agents/third parties around him have had control over his career from a young age. From the move to Atletico and to Monaco especially. He doesn't have much say.

Similarly to last year when Bernard wanting to move to Porto and ended up in Ukraine. I remember the Brazilian journalist from the Guardian (forgot his name) taking about how a lot of South American players get involved with some shady businessmen from a young age to try and help them get a chance.

Empty

it's embarrassing to compare our signings under woodward with the clear, coherent plans of city and chelsea.

it will be nice to watch falcao regularly though

L1NETT

Make a transfer tax. To register a player for the PL for anew club you have to pay say £50,000, and that money goes to helping lower league clubs only in some way.

We would have to be living in a weird parallel universe for the PL to agree to anything which doesn't benefit them.

I would assume he has given a list of targets to someone and it's up to them to get them

I wouldn't think Wenger should be in some office somewhere drinking coffee and desperately making phone calls. Not how it works.

D_prOdigy

Not really a fan of this recent trend of fussing so much over fees and wages. Fans aren't accountants.

Except the ones that are, like.

Plus, it was better when we were all doing it towards City fans.

Go_Ly_Dow

Hey guys. Remember this imbecile who's wank at his job?

RPG7TmD.jpg

NOW LET'S SHOW SOME FUCKING BELIEF IN HIM, LVG'S PHILISOPHY AND OUR SQUAD.

BELIEVE!

Top Bottom