• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Lightning

Banned
4th place isn't a trophy.

We will be stagnant until Wenger goes.
We won a trophy last season when everyone said we would win nothing under him again.

We lose CL as you wanted then how do we keep our squad from being picked apart? Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey will all want to leave. Cazorla as well. Being angry at Wenger I don't agree with but can understand and accept. jtb slams Wenger alot and it's all good, but wanting us to fall out of the CL will cause big issues on the playing side and recruiting side.

You need to think and control your anger.

MooSeePoo

Neo Member
Another Coventry/lower league fan?!

I could throw a stone and hit the Ricoh form my house! CCFC are my home team but I'm an Arsenal Fan... I occasionally go to Cov games though and always follow results. Now they're back at the Ricoh, I may start going a bit more regularly.

:looooooooooooooool that retweet

GuM2lnt.png

Wilbur

Banned
Ozil with a fluid front three of Welbeck, Walcott and Sanchez around him, with Ramsey and Wilshere backing him up. That's a fucking good attacking unit.

I could throw a stone and hit the Ricoh form my house! CCFC are my home team but I'm an Arsenal Fan... I occasionally go to Cov games though and always follow results. Now they're back at the Ricoh, I may start going a bit more regularly.

You definitely should! Need all the fans we can get!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Pills taken, you got half an hour MUFC or im going to think his announcement is some kind of fever dream, ill wake up tomorrow and be confused about life.

Ill sue

rodvik

Borini move to QPR has fallen through on personal terms.

Meh. Good luck trying to force your way into the team this season Fabio. Maybe you'll surprise us all.

He is a fool to have turned his back on Sunderland. They are a big club and he could have really advanced his career there. Instead he will sit unwanted in your reserves.

Lightning

Banned
we are very thin defensively. and really not liking the prospect of going another season without a DM.
This is the only part of the window I'm really disappointed about. Flamini looks horrid, Arteta can't play every week and if Kos or Merte get a long term injury we're screwed.

Joke I know but wish we could recall Jenkinson to cover right back. We may need him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
5 live were discussing that Sanchez wants to play in the middle and Wellbeck could be used out on the wing.

Mr Cola

Only Arsenal have till 1pm because its a british transfer, ours expired 20 minutes ago.

Lawrence sold then. Right decision, he's not good enough. Thought we would get more than £1m for him though. Will pay for like a month and a bit of Rumbo I guess.

Hang on, what?

Do United have until 1 pm?

Feo.

We've got him. Relax. We won't take your CL spot.

Hixx

Pantilimon > Westwood
Jones = Bardsley
Vergini = Vergini
Coates > Diakite/Roberge
van Aanholt = Alonso
Rodwell = Ki
Gomez > Gardner
Alvarez < Borini
Buckley didn't really replace anyone

Worse up front but better in midfield and about the same in defence. Not a great window but when you need to replace half a squad with £15m it's never going to be.

jtb

Banned
This is the only part of the window I'm really disappointed about. Flamini looks horrid, Arteta can't play every week and if Kos or Merte get a long term injury we're screwed.

Joke I know but wish we could recall Jenkinson to cover right back. We may need him.

Wenger doesn't even seem to trust Jacky in the DM role which begs the question... why the FUCK did he not buy a DM this window? even Khedira I would've been fine with, considering the fire sale that seems to be going on at Madrid atm

Monreal as fourth choice CB is suicidal. Chambers as both RB and CB cover is a bit concerning. We needed at least one more body in that defense for the long season.

at this point, I guess I'm fine with the Welbeck signing because we'll see a bit of Sanogo, a bit of Sanchez, and a bit of Welbeck up front and it'll be (another) transition season and hopefully out of those three striker projects, one emerges as being good enough.

valeo

4th place isn't a trophy.

We will be stagnant until Wenger goes.

To be fair, I think the FA Cup is a trophy.

Wenger doesn't even seem to trust Jacky in the DM role which begs the question... why the FUCK did he not buy a DM this window? even Khedira I would've been fine with, considering the fire sale that seems to be going on at Madrid atm

Monreal as fourth choice CB is suicidal. Chambers as both RB and CB cover is a bit concerning. We needed at least one more body in that defense for the long season.

at this point, I guess I'm fine with the Welbeck signing because we'll see a bit of Sanogo, a bit of Sanchez, and a bit of Welbeck up front and it'll be (another) transition season and hopefully out of those three striker projects, one emerges as being good enough.

Agreed; Monreal is not a CB. He's not even a cover CB. He isn't Sagna.

We will need to call Bellerin up to the first team to cover right back and Chambers will need to be exclusively CB cover - if not, he will get burnt out.

Top Bottom