• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Sporting were just trying to bait teams with their "lowered" evaluation. Get them to bid and then troll hoping they'd pay the buyout. Someone will pay the clause if he has another good season. Not United though, we don't buy big strong DM's. Who needs a destroyer anyways.

I just hope he gets that teams will need to see him do another good season to put that extra effort to get him. All this transfer talk has clearly messing with his head and he´s not 100% focused. He has to put his shit together and play at the level he´s capable. The spotlight will be on him and he´s got a wonderful chance to show himself to Europe in the Champions League.

Meier

"Rumbo"

http://godlessmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Do-not-think-it-means.jpeg[IMG]

U fux better stop.[/QUOTE]
It's a call back to last summer. Marca or one of the Spanish newspapers had him on the cover when they were saying he would sign for Madrid. The word RUMBO was present on the cover and he's been referred to as Rumbo ever since.

nitewulf

dude i went to london from nyc, spend a ridiculous amount of money for the tickets, just to watch arsenal's first game of the season. and i spent an ungodly sum at the store to buy jerseys and knick knacks. do not give me this bullshit.

what's irritating me even more than the forever optimistic (deluded?) arsenal fans are the salty united fans that are crying over Welbeck. we sold you RVP who got you the trophy...

you sold us....Welbeck...shut up already!

ShogunX

20/20, my man. He has everything, he just needs a long run of games up top, and he'll find his shooting boots again.

His overall goal record isn't good, but he's never been settled in the starting 11, or if he has, his position has changed multiple times, even during the match.

I think he'll be really, really great for Arsenal.

Maybe my judgement has been clouded by the time you all went mad at him for trying to chip Neuer when he was clean through :)

What a busy summer that proved to be.

£150m spent. About £35m recouped. And about £300k/week added to the wage bill.

Woodward promised us more. Next summer, then.

I do support the club, I don't support Wenger, he keeps banging on about the right players not being out there, but the list of strikers who moved this summer shows Wenger just doesn't care.

I buy the jerseys, I went to as many games as I could when I was back home and always cheered regardless of the performance I wake up at 3.45am for CL games, but I will complain as much as I like when we are not playing and when there is a clueless man running the club. You might be happy with 4th, but I am not. Wenger was not some type of Arsenal messiah. We we were just as successful under George Graham and all the foundations of Wengers initial successes were laid by others.

Wenger changed the club and English football. If it weren't for him, I think Arsenal would be stuck in the dark ages of football. Probably wouldn't have gone unbeaten too which is his greatest achievement. AND HE DID IT WITH HIS TEAM.

George Graham...yes we were successful but played unattractive football. Wenger literally changed players's careers, made them fitter and better and also made them top players.

Wenger is a legend. Please respect him, the man is a genius. Yes he has made mistakes in the past, but who hasn't?

LegoArmo

Maybe my judgement has been clouded by the time you all went mad at him for trying to chip Neuer when he was clean through :)

But imagine if it would have went in. Imagine!

He had a perfectly good goal disallowed in that game too, big game player is Danny

Bold One

fucking social media keeps reminding me of our loss :(

Oh, Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side,
The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow,
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow,
It's I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow,
Oh, Danny Boy, oh Danny Boy, I love you so!

But when ye come, and all the flowers are dying,
If I am dead, as dead I well may be,
Ye'll come and find the place where I am lying,
And kneel and say an Ave there for me;

And I shall hear, though soft you tread above me,
And all my grave will warmer, sweeter be,
For you will bend and tell me that you love me,
And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wenger changed the club and English football. If it weren't for him, I think Arsenal would be stuck in the dark ages of football. Probably wouldn't have gone unbeaten too which is his greatest achievement. AND HE DID IT WITH HIS TEAM.

George Graham...yes we were successful but played unattractive football. Wenger literally changed players's careers, made them fitter and better and also made them top players.

Wenger is a legend. Please respect him, the man is a genius. Yes he has made mistakes in the past, but who hasn't?

I think it's more that he makes the SAME MISTAKES each season, more than anything else.

LegoArmo

fucking social media keeps reminding me of our loss :(

Oh, Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side,
The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow,
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow,
It's I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow,
Oh, Danny Boy, oh Danny Boy, I love you so!

But when ye come, and all the flowers are dying,
If I am dead, as dead I well may be,
Ye'll come and find the place where I am lying,
And kneel and say an Ave there for me;

And I shall hear, though soft you tread above me,
And all my grave will warmer, sweeter be,
For you will bend and tell me that you love me,
And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me!

Real tears.

K1LLER7

Seems like RVP may not be injured after all...

"Despite suggestions that the move was triggered by Van Persie requiring knee surgery to repair damage sustained while playing against Olympiakos in the Champions League in March, it is understood that the Holland forward does not require an operation and that he is merely still searching for full fitness following an extended break after the World Cup finals in Brazil." (Falcao's telegraph article).

dude i went to london from nyc, spend a ridiculous amount of money for the tickets, just to watch arsenal's first game of the season. and i spent an ungodly sum at the store to buy jerseys and knick knacks. do not give me this bullshit.

what's irritating me even more than the forever optimistic (deluded?) arsenal fans are the salty united fans that are crying over Welbeck. we sold you RVP who got you the trophy...

you sold us....Welbeck...shut up already!

Yup.

They just replaced Welbeck with Falcao. I can't tell if they're actually being serious.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
really cant tell if all you United guys are really this distraught over Welbeck or just trolling

Ha, same.

Fuck. I'm up in 6 hours, gonna have to go. Pleased I'm not a Utd fan waiting on the Falcao announcement.

BwfN_krIMAAQd3v.jpg

yessssssssssssssssss

Really don't give a shit about welbeck leaving

Sure he's a workhorse and has pace. But his finishing is so fucking shit. Think of how frustrating he was last season with some of the easy chances that he missed. And playing him as a cf isn't going to just make him magically able to finish.

Also it's not like we haven't replaced him with no one. We've signed radamel mother fucking Falcao.

Top Bottom