• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

England's next left back for the next ten years.
A Spanish prospect who drove Bilbao to the Champions League.
A young versatile centre back fresh off a good World Cup and club season.
The Eredivisie's player of the year, jack of all trades and favourite of van Gaal.
A world class winger/centre midfielder and MOTM in the Champions League final.
Rumbo.

how have we simultaneously had a fucking stupendous window and a shit one :lol :lol :lol

No dedicated centre midfielder in the vein of Vidal, Strootman, Kroos, Fabregas.
No experienced, top class centre back.
Keeping Young, Cleverley and Anderson.
Selling Shinji and Welbeck.
Losing Evra.

CM and a CB in January should be a top priority

Selling Cleverly too

ShogunX

January can't come quick enough. What a defensive mess we have here.

What a failure of a transfer window. I think Shanks is the only sane Arsenal fan here.

Don't think we should've been in for Falcao - crazy money, and a huge risk. I'm still baffled as to why we couldn't sign a CB though.

For some reason I had a slight suspicion that you lot would be in for Schneiderlin purely on the basis that he is exactly what you need, French, premier league experience and entering his prime. Quite relieved when you never picked anybody up for that position.

For some reason I had a slight suspicion that you lot would be in for Schneiderlin purely on the basis that he is exactly what you need, French, premier league experience and entering his prime. Quite relieved when you never picked anybody up for that position.
I was surprised they weren't in for Benjamin Stambouli. Instead he went to Spurs. Great signing for them, Wenger fucks up again.

edit: for 4.7m too. Wow

What a failure of a transfer window. I think Shanks is the only sane Arsenal fan here.

Wenger fucked up this window.

Fuck Welbeck, he's shit.

Still no DM and CB.

We should've been in for Falcao.

thank you :D.

It really is crazy that we only have TWO CENTRE BACKS. Chambers might become a very good CB, but he is a good two-three years away from being ready.

I will be amazed if we are in the title picture come January.

GorillaJu

thank you :D.

It really is crazy that we only have TWO CENTRE BACKS. Chambers might become a very good CB, but he is a good two-three years away from being ready.

I will be amazed if we are in the title picture come January.

Only City and Chelsea can legit expect to be in the title picture come January. They've got the form, the squads and the tactics. Anyone else—Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, can only at most hope to be in the picture for top four.

Only City and Chelsea can legit expect to be in the title picture come January. They've got the form, the squads and the tactics. Anyone else—Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, can only at most hope to be in the picture for top four.

I can't speak for the other teams, but I feel had we added a CB, a DM, and got a proper number 9 striker then we could have been in the title picture.

It really is crazy that the Balotelli and Di Maria signings didn't spark Wenger into action this week.

Wenger will no doubt say there was no quality out there or that teams were not willing to sell, but there have been tons of strikers moving clubs this summer, and there were DMs available, and even one of the top 5 CBs in the world was sold.

guleed93

Neo Member
Hi footy-gaf. I've been lurking around these boards for a while and after the comical actions of my beloved Arsenal, I have decided to stand in solidarity with my arsenal bros...

GorillaJu

I can't speak for the other teams, but I feel had we added a CB, a DM, and got a proper number 9 striker then we could have been in the title picture.

It really is crazy that the Balotelli and Di Maria signings didn't spark Wenger into action this week.

Wenger will no doubt say there was no quality out there or that teams were not willing to sell, but there have been tons of strikers moving clubs this summer, and there were DMs available, and even one of the top 5 CBs in the world was sold.

I would tell any Arsenal fans harboring title hopes that they're misplaced. History is the best indicator, and it doesn't predict kindly for Arsenal's title chances. I'm not trying to wind you up but some of those losses last year speak to tactical issues that go much deeper than what a new CB and/or DM can fix.

I think Arsenal are a much more exciting team to watch than they had been over the early 10's, but results wise you guys have been nothing if not steady. Wenger's inflexibility is a double-edged sword.

OMG, i can't believe you sold Cristante and brought in Bonaventura.

Cristante demanded a transfer because he is an impatient brat, and we adequately replaced him with a superior Italian midfielder who fits into our formation better (Cristante is never going to displace De Jong in a million years but Bonaventura should walk into the starting 11 as a mezz'ala). Believe it.

OMG, i can't believe you sold Cristante and brought in Bonaventura.

Milan really don't deserve two of the best Italian players and the best prospect in football.

Cristante asked to be sold. Probably figured Van Ginkel fucked up his chances of playing this season, which is fair, but still would've preferred he just go out on loan than be sold outright :(

They should sell Mastour.

I am sure the Serie A All Stars of Paris will buy him once he has made an appearance.

I would tell any Arsenal fans harboring title hopes that they're misplaced. History is the best indicator, and it doesn't predict kindly for Arsenal's title chances. I'm not trying to wind you up but some of those losses last year speak to tactical issues that go much deeper than what a new CB and/or DM can fix.

I think Arsenal are a much more exciting team to watch than they had been over the early 10's, but results wise you guys have been nothing if not steady. Wenger's inflexibility is a double-edged sword.

No doubt, but i feel we could have stayed in the title picture till January again had we added and then anything is possible.

Cristante demanded a transfer because he is an impatient brat, and we adequately replaced him with a superior Italian midfielder who fits into our formation better (Cristante is never going to displace De Jong in a million years but Bonaventura should walk into the starting 11 as a mezz'ala). Believe it.

Ah, I didn't know he wanted to move.

K1LLER7

Falcao's first interview for Manchester https://youtube.com/watch?v=0yS3nwIvXJw

The king of midfield won't have a problem with that
Didn't know he speaks English, you could tell he struggled a bit to express his thoughts but as the poster above said, he has good pronunciation. He speaks & understands english which should help him settle in quicker. Also thought he sounded like Aguero lol.

Excited to see him play for us.

Go on RUMBO!

They should sell Mastour.

image.php

K1LLER7

A bit much for what's supposed to be a season loan:-

FALCAO: Thank you Prince Albert, Dmitry, Vadim, all the supporters and @AS_Monaco team. You will always be in my heart.

FALCAO: Moving to @ManUtd was my decision. It's exciting to play at the world's best club and in such a competitive league.

FALCAO: Thank you to Jorge Mendes and my lawyers Paulo Rendeiro and Carlos Osório for making this happen. @ManUtd

Lightning

Banned
Goddamn, Arsebros around here are pessimistic. Team has yet to gel, but the world is on fire apparently.
No, it's the lack of depth in centre back is an issue. 1 injury and we're Monreal at cb and Gibbs has a poor injury record. No way stays fit from now until January.

Abraxas

No, it's the lack of depth in centre back is an issue. 1 injury and we're Monreal at cb and Gibbs has a poor injury record. No way stays fit from now until January.

3 at the back, look into your heart you know it to be trrue(ly the only way to fit all the Am's into the squad).

A bit much for what's supposed to be a season loan:-

FALCAO: Thank you Prince Albert, Dmitry, Vadim, all the supporters and @AS_Monaco team. You will always be in my heart.

FALCAO: Moving to @ManUtd was my decision. It's exciting to play at the world's best club and in such a competitive league.

FALCAO: Thank you to Jorge Mendes and my lawyers Paulo Rendeiro and Carlos Osório for making this happen. @ManUtd

8cD3LVy.gif

many jabs at Madrid methinks in that Falcao presser.

Palmeri says the deal was done and the manchester twins came or maybe the terms were not so good.

Anyways, I'm happy both James and Rumbo are out of that shithole team

Top Bottom