• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Jack cw

What a cunt.

tumblr_naqdvjrmD41qdult5o1_250.gif

Who knows :lol maybe he genuinely rates him or...feels bad for him?

as far as Italian strikers go, he's really not that bad, especially when he plays for Italy!

he linked up quite well with Tevez and I liked what little we saw of him.

and he's better than Welbeck

I must only rate strikers who score more goals than their age.

I really don't want him around the NT after he cried like a little bitch about not getting left out of the WC squad.

I am so excited about tomorrows game. Conte has a great winners mentality so hopefully we won't see the embarassing winless streaks like we did with Prandelli.

FootballFan

Lionel Messi suffered an injury during the team’s win against Villarreal CF. The Argentinian pulled an adductor muscle in his right hip. The injury puts Messi’s involvement with Argentina during the upcoming international break in doubt as precautionary methods will be taken to avoid aggravating the injury.

Yes fake injuries before international matches are the best

Zabojnik

Vidal still needed. In January I say!

Even without Vidal though ... this might be the most impressive display of mercato power I've seen in my life. The closest we came to something like this was when we bought Buffon, Nedved and Thuram, but that was after we had sold Zidane.

Woodward's life is raiding on this transfer window.

LTWheels

Hendo knows what's up, should be captain over Rooney:

“People have to fear England and not want to play us,” added Henderson. “The only way of doing that is to play at a high tempo and win games.” That process begins against Norway and, on Monday, in Switzerland in England’s first Euro 2016 qualifier.

DBT85

This 2 week break is a perfect time for United. Get everyone fit and together and come back stronger with the half new team.

FootballFan

This international break 2 weeks after the season started is the biggest FIFA trolling. I bet we have several ruptures and fractures next week of key players.

Haha yep. It's seriously a joke. "I know the world cup just finished and the new season just started, I realise you signed new players literally a day ago, but it's time for some international football"

Did he play in the charity match yesterday? I saw his name down for it originally.

Nope. he was injured.

They should sell Mastour.
NO.

Let him play 45 minutes in Serie A with us first.
Cristante demanded a transfer because he is an impatient brat, and we adequately replaced him with a superior Italian midfielder who fits into our formation better (Cristante is never going to displace De Jong in a million years but Bonaventura should walk into the starting 11 as a mezz'ala). Believe it.
What Cristante did yesterday was pretty much what Borriello did in 2011. We just brought in Ibra and Robinho and he was scared of the competition, so he just left. Bryan did the same. Still, a loan would've been better, especially when you think that he was one of our best prospects.
Serie A gaf:

Bia deal with Milan fell through because Zacardo didn't want to return to Parma. That's one of the best and most insulting news at the same time.
From what I read this morning, Parma owed Zaccardo 400k euros. They gave him 250k this summer, and Zaccardo wanted the rest (150k euros) to be paid in the next twelve months and to be included in his new contract. This wasn't possible due to some stuff in Parma's financial situation so it was going to end in two ways: Milan paid the rest of whatever Zaccardo wanted just to get rid of him, or keep the player until his contract expires. Galliani decided to keep him, maybe beacause his contract is up next June, but I'm not sure about that.

“People have to fear England and not want to play us,” added Henderson. “The only way of doing that is to play at a high tempo and win games.” That process begins against Norway and, on Monday, in Switzerland in England’s first Euro 2016 qualifier.

We will see how Hendo does then

I think England will probably do well this break though

Go_Ly_Dow

"Wherever I've gone in my life they've all taken the piss out of me..school, work and even my own mam"

VKqYw0k.jpg

"So I did what only I could have done, I became a god"

Kt9Egmj.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Reading up on things I am actually becoming incredibly angry at Wenger.

Apparently we offered Campbell to Sporting in attempt to push through the Carvalho deal? Campbell clearly expendable why didn't we accept Benfica's money and add that money to what we offered Sporting for Carvalho? We would have had him and he would have solved a massive problem in our squad.

Lightning

Banned
Can we replace Marotta with Woodward please?

it depends, was his father allowed to handle the ticket sales?
Why? United spent a lot of money, which Juve don't have, only to have a totally unbalanced team. If Mourinho was in charge most of the players at United would get moved on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I still feel this emotional connection to Falcao (and to a lesser extent Guarin too) after taking my picture with him

Cool dude. Needs to stop french kissing his wife in public though
Why? United spent a lot of money, which Juve don't have, only to have a totally unbalanced team. If Mourinho was in charge most of the players at United would get moved on.

we do actually :lol

but we spend it all on

tumblr_m9dv0ea8bC1qlt7lao1_500.gif

Zabojnik

Pretty sure Alessio Secco could've pulled it off too, if he had Woodward's infinite budget.

That's really all it took. Money. Lots and lots of money.

BwgyIIoIQAAiUOw.png

+17m, and there still are a bunch of wages that we left behind (mostly Kakà and Robinho, Torres earns almost as much as Balo, so nothing really changed with those transfers) and a lot of useless players finally left (Coppola, Constant, Emanuelson, Silvestre, Salamon).

Not bad, not bad at all.

Lakitu

st5fu
With the amount of quality 6 or 7 teams have this season, things are going to get interesting and probably exciting. Nice.

GorillaJu

The Utd fan "CL football didn't matter" mantra is silly. It did matter, that's why you're paying 200m for the players you picked up this window.

You brought in players who were being shopped around Europe. They're very very good footballers, but it's not like they were swatting away clubs to join Man Utd. They were up for grabs and no one was biting because of the outlandish prices being asked.

3wood did his job, but holy fuck did he spend, and still the squad is unbalanced. Rojo and Blind are risks, but wisely taken risks. Shaw is Andy Carroll-level ridiculous.

I mean look at the difference in business this summer compared to Liverpool:

Luke Shaw - 27-30m
Alberto Moreno - 12-14m

Daley Blind - 15m
Emre Can - 8m

Ander Herrera - 25-35m
Adam Lallana - 16-25m

Angel Di Maria - 60m
Lazar Markovic - 20m

Rumbo - 50-60m (yes it's deferred by a year but most payments are broken up into clauses so that doesn't discount it as he was signed in this window)
Mario Balotelli - 16m

Now obviously you're paying a lot of money for players with huge reputations that are in their prime so the giant disparity between say Markovic and Marie is understandable, but to me, that's the lack of CL coming into effect. Utd would be signing top European talents like Markovic and wouldn't have to overpay for unwanted heavyweights if they had CL football.

:lol

Rooney, the fat cunt, and high tempo. Good one lad.

DBT85

still unbalanced as fuck though...

It'll be interesting to see what he does with Rojo, Shaw and Blind, but yewah, we needed another CM at least.

But it can't all be done in one window, it took City and Chelsea a few to get it right and the position we were in at the end of last season was terrible.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
USHO!!! Sandro gone and no Schneiderlin? Hehehehehehe

Our buddies Man United helped save us from Sanogo. Never thought they'd help us out but am grateful.

It's funny how we wanted Scheiderlin and Musacchio to replace Sandro and Dawson (which would have cost £40m) but we've ended up getting Stambouli and Fazio for £13m combined.

Levy gonna Levy

Top Bottom