• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

LegoArmo

Is Petrucci really going to be named in United's squad. He's 22, hasn't impressed in any of his loans and hasn't, I think, ever played for United's senior team. He's supposed to be very talented but very injury prone. Missed two season of development because of dodgy knees.

Cleverley replacement, I guess.

What other midfield options do United have coming through?

Pennywise

So I've always wanted to get into football. I always enjoy the World Cup, and the occasional match when I can catch one, but have never been able to get into the sport. In part because, as an American, I didn't grow up watching it, so I don't have a team which makes it harder to follow. But I've decided to stop watching American football (for ethical reasons), and I need to fill a sports gap when NBA isn't on.

So what's the best way of going about getting into it? Should I find a team first? Just watch matches?

As far as choosing a team, in other sports I tend to like teams with strong fundamentals, teamwork and sportsmanship. I don't necessarily like underdogs, but I dislike teams that "buy" championships and I find perpetually losing teams to be annoying. Also, I don't like teams that have obnoxious fan-bases or owners.

Like alot of people already pointed out, watch some matches.

Your descriptions fit some clubs like Dortmund,Everton,Liverpool and others.
Especially Liverpool and Dortmund build up a good foundation lately and are a serious threat for the top teams who're just buying their success.

DBT85

Ronaldo is one of the fittest players ever, I don't see him losing that much pace. I'd love to see him back, but it won't happen.

Roy Hodgson: "we might be Norway on Monday"

I'm not sure there's a less motivational manager on the planet.

Apart from Moyes

L1NETT

For the guy trying to find a team to follow. First watch a few matches of a few different leagues, see if you like the bleeding sport yet!

Then get a map of the Uk, Germany whatever and throw a dart at it. Nearest team or city or whatever you recognise, pick them. Let fate decide, much better that way. Don't listen to these clowns

Petrucci is done at United. He looked very good early on, like really damn good. But he had some bad injuries and never kicked on, which can happen. Surprised he hasn't left yet. Really don't see him getting any minutes for the first team, unless we are desperate. I imagine there are 3/4 other academy and u21 players ahead of him in the pecking order.

Also, there's a guy in the NFL whose first name is Ha Ha.

Hi, I'm Ha Ha, nice to meet you.

Hahahahaha.

Manager

Rumours of free agent Jonas Gonçalves Oliveira ("Jonas"), previously Valencia, going to Manchester City now that Negredo is gone. Previously talk of Newcastle, QPR, Sunderland and Galatasaray a few days ago. 30 y/o, scored 10+ goals in the last three seasons in La Liga. Was previously Soldado's partner.

Whoever gets him will get a good player for free, doesn't seem to have gotten Spanish second nationality though so I'm not sure how they'll get work permit if he comes to England.

Carbonox

Rumours of free agent Jonas Gonçalves Oliveira ("Jonas"), previously Valencia, going to Manchester City now that Negredo is gone. Previously talk of Newcastle, QPR, Sunderland and Galatasaray a few days ago. 30 y/o, scored 10+ goals in the last three seasons in La Liga. Was previously Soldado's partner.

Whoever gets him will get a good player for free, doesn't seem to have gotten Spanish second nationality though so I'm not sure how they'll get work permit if he comes to England.

Of course QPR are linked. They're linked to every player in existence. If an Arab club wants to buy a player from a fellow Arab club, you better believe QPR will be linked also. Repulsive club.

Y2BMuus.png

LegoArmo

It's his own fault, didn't want to half his wages to actually play football for a team lower down the league.

I'd have made the same decision

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOL NATHAN

I was drunk (obviously) sorry �������� she will kill me with that massive bottle now������

Can I blame the iCloud hacker for this?

Wilbur

Banned
LOOL NATHAN

I was drunk (obviously) sorry �������� she will kill me with that massive bottle now������

Can I blame the iCloud hacker for this?

You are a gift from the most bountiful gods

Treat her well

Vote Putin

Poor viewing figures for England friendly.
According to Eurosport:
4.5 million people tuned in to watch England vs Norway on ITV
8.3 million watched the Great British Bake Off over on BBC 1

According to Paddy Power:
tv-ratings.jpg

Top Bottom