• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Scum

I have no doubt that a high-up FA official has already asked Rodgers to become involved at some level

And if I were Rodgers, I'll tell them to fuck off. What the point, 'specially with this current mob? All that money spent on Wembley should have been spent on fixing the god awful coaching system we have in this country. Then maybe the FA wouldn't have to result to pinching managers to take over the national side.

Don't see why anyone with a modicum of self-respect would consider the England job tbh.

There needs to be one of two things happen

1) Someone unfavoured (to me) takes the setup and gets surprisingly positive results, giving the next guy a foundation to carry on improving it, with decent players coming through the youth levels
2) Someone favoured takes a huge risk to their career to do the same

Can't see either happening. The only managers who want to manage England are the ones who aren't cut out for club management any more, and that knocks out everyone I'd trust to do a good job.

Fuck's sake, knew Liverpool and Arsenal's CL games would be on the same day :(

Randdalf

Just replaced Rooney with Falcao in my FPL team. I also re-did my team, losing like 12 points, but I'm pretty much bottom of the barrel already so I don't think it would have been worth the wildcard.

trying to find somewhere to live with about 2 weeks before I start working is so so shitty

my anxiety is through the fucking roof

feel like I'm going to be sick all the time

any assurances from people who have had to suddenly move to a completely different area are very welcome

I had to rent a flat last minute at uni one year. I knew the area but it was difficult to get viewings. My advice would be go on zoopla, gumtree and rightmove and book as many suitable properties you can possibly see in two days. Stay overnight in a hotel in the middle of the town so you can get the lay of the land.

Genuinely, I think our media and fanbase are such bitter twats, they wouldn't accept Simeone in charge of the England team

Capello did a huge amount of damage to us purely in terms of the way foreign managers will be perceived when mentioned as potential England managers. His utter lack of enthusiasm for the job has basically constrained us to English managers, who simply aren't good enough

Why do any of you still care about England.

I really couldn't give a damn anymore. 1996, 1998, 2002 at a push was when I cared. 2002 took some forcing too.

So basically when I was a really cute kid.

England's football team is so difficult to get behind. I support England/GB across the board but I really couldn't care about our football team. There's nothing likeable about them.

L1NETT

I struggle to see any situation where there is any major backlash over a foreign manager of the national team

I really can't. It's 2014 and we have had foreign managers before. Nobody said Capello did bad because he is Italian

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is your dick okay at least ?
Whaaa :lol it's okay thanks xoxo
Oxfordshire m8, not London

That's why it's making me nervous I guess, I don't know a thing about the area and don't know anyone who lives around there. Dunno, I'm looking forward to the work, just keep getting (irrationally?) worked up about the living situation.

Your girlfriend or friends coming over will make everything so much easier or at least a bit familiar.

At least you're in the same country m8 :lol

I struggle to see any situation where there is any major backlash over a foreign manager of the national team

I really can't. It's 2014 and we have had foreign managers before. Nobody said Capello did bad because he is Italian

It's more the way they're treated during their reign when results go against us

Capello got absolute dog's abuse that I don't think would have been given to an English manager. Except for Graham Taylor :p

Scum

All I know is that we need a proper football man in there, like Hoddle or Redknapp or Warnock or Pulis.

Or Moyes

zknS7MG.png

United squad list:

United (* = homegrown): Ben Amos*, David De Gea, Anders Lindegaard; Jonny Evans*, Phil Jones*, Rafael*, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Marnick Vermijl*; Anderson, Daley Blind, Michael Carrick*, Angel Di Maria, Marouane Fellaini, Darren Fletcher*, Ander Herrera, Jesse Lingard*, Juan Mata, Davide Petrucci*, Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young*; Radamel Falcao, Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie.

Under-21 players (contract and scholars): Oliver Byrne, Joel Castro Pereira, George Dorrington, Dean Henderson, Sam Johnstone, Kieran O'Hara; Tyler Blackett, Cameron

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Poor viewing figures for England friendly.
According to Eurosport:
4.5 million people tuned in to watch England vs Norway on ITV
8.3 million watched the Great British Bake Off over on BBC 1

According to Paddy Power:
http://blog.paddypower.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/tv-ratings.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

yeah I didn't even watch it. Nothing about England will change until they stop automatically picking names from "top" teams.

I probably won't care until Rooney is gone if I'm honest. I don't feel like England can progress with players like that bringing everyone down.

Apparently he's been schooling him a lot these days. He is clearly Pirlo's successor in Conte's mind, don't worry.

Dat Zaza dough.

Italy just play so much better with Verratti in the lineup. I was hoping to see what Conte viewed as the Norway starting 11 play together in the first half.

Zabojnik

Italy just play so much better with Verratti in the lineup. I was hoping to see what Conte viewed as the Norway starting 11 play together in the first half.

Nah, too many players missing and he'll probably want to experiment a bit first. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he's about to experience first hand just how little italian players care about friendlies, Conte or no Conte.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
United squad list:

United (* = homegrown): Ben Amos*, David De Gea, Anders Lindegaard; Jonny Evans*, Phil Jones*, Rafael*, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Marnick Vermijl*; Anderson, Daley Blind, Michael Carrick*, Angel Di Maria, Marouane Fellaini, Darren Fletcher*, Ander Herrera, Jesse Lingard*, Juan Mata, Davide Petrucci*, Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young*; Radamel Falcao, Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie.

Under-21 players (contract and scholars): Oliver Byrne, Joel Castro Pereira, George Dorrington, Dean Henderson, Sam Johnstone, Kieran O'Hara; Tyler Blackett, Cameron

Carrick and Young aren't homegrown.

Oxfordshire m8, not London

That's why it's making me nervous I guess, I don't know a thing about the area and don't know anyone who lives around there. Dunno, I'm looking forward to the work, just keep getting (irrationally?) worked up about the living situation.

Loads of nice places around there. Best ones I saw were little market towns though.

Who you working for?

Nah, too many players missing and he'll probably want to experiment a bit first. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he's about to experience first hand just how little italian players care about friendlies, Conte or no Conte.

It will be interesting, I really hope Conte restores pride. Lippi actually cared about friendlies in his first stint as manager. I think he had a 30 game undefeated streak after his first game in charge.

Top Bottom