• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

I guess so. More people should tune in on Monday, to see them lose.

Everyone at work said 'fuck friendlies'

When I explained that 24 teams would qualify for euro 2016 (including France) a table of fully grown men couldn't name 24 European countries.

Lol England

That's sad. I feel for you wherever you work.

A place that makes concrete slabs.

My job went from 'lead pastoral student advisor' at a local college to 'a guy who counts packs of concrete all day'

Need the dolla with my daughter around and my gf on maternity, honestly feel like I am the smartest man alive at my workplace.

L1NETT

Looks like Wednesday takeover is off then

Unfortunately despite working hard with both Mr Mammadov and his representatives since the agreement was signed he has not been able to meet the obligations set out in the contract for either the purchase of the shares or the sponsorship arrangements.

Our supporters were extremely excited when the takeover was announced, like me they believed that Mr Mammadov offered a great opportunity for the club, in hindsight my desire to please our supporters probably clouded my decision to grant further time for him to complete the process.

During this period I have continued to manage the business and to fund the ongoing financial requirements of the club as I have always done and will continue to do so.

Everyone at work said 'fuck friendlies'

When I explained that 24 teams would qualify for euro 2016 (including France) a table of fully grown men couldn't name 24 European countries.

Lol England

England
Scotland
Northern Ireland
Wales
Republic of Ireland
France
Germany
Spain
Switzerland
Netherlands
Belgium
Denmark
Italy
Greece
Portugal
Slovenia
Finland
Poland
Turkey
Isle of Man
Norway
Sweden

err that's enough I guess

LAM09

A place that makes concrete slabs.

My job went from 'lead pastoral student advisor' at a local college to 'a guy who counts packs of concrete all day'

Need the dolla with my daughter around and my gf on maternity, honestly feel like I am the smartest man alive at my workplace.

You have to make ends meet. At least you are working for living. Too many people live off benefits.

Bold One

Seafood Is disgusting

UFulf8p.gif

Cod/tuna is the limit,

Fuck every other sea creature

SMH. I disagree, guy.

These euro m8s know not of the mysteries of fried chicken friend.
Yeah, I bet KFC is pretty much the go to place. They also deliver in Europe, so that's a plus.

I hope Popeye's grows to the point where they can just demolish KFC in the UK.
3aG0KOe.png

I dunno about mainland Europe, but in London there's a fried chicken spot everywhere you look, lol. I can name like 6 within half a mile of my place.

Morley's >>>

Though yeah, KFC is the only true mainstream joint... Most others are locals/small chains. Some are really good though.

You have to make ends meet. At least you are working for living. Too many people live off benefits.

Yea bruv. Been working since the age of 13 to pay my own way. Still went to school but worked after to pay rent to my folks.

Dat work ethic. People who choose not to work really grind my gears.

Ain't a country my Indian brother. Although, you did better than actual Europeans haha

Please, naming +30 European countries would be easy.... then it starts getting kind of hard remember what you already named, I guess you could name them from one side to the other to make it easier.

Esch

Banned
I dunno about mainland Europe, but in London there's a fried chicken spot everywhere you look, lol. I can name like 6 within half a mile of my place.

Morley's >>>

Though yeah, KFC is the only true mainstream joint... Most others are locals/small chains. Some are really good though.

You guys do have fish and chips down pat so I can see this being the case. Havent' been to the UK since i was ~12 though.

I really wish fish and chips was more popular in the states. I mean you can get it at pretty much any irish or scottish bar you go to (and i guess Captain D's too, gross) but it should be bigger. Battered >>>> breaded fish.

Please, naming +30 European countries would be easy.... then it starts getting kind of hard remember what you already named, I guess you could name them from one side to the other to make it easier.

That's what I did lol. Start at Portugal and work east. Well easy.

(technically Iceland is the easternmost) but my colleagues are so dumb. One of them said Tunisia was in Europe because cheap holidays....

You guys do have fish and chips down pat so I can see this being the case. Havent' been to the UK since i was ~12 though.

I really wish fish and chips was more popular in the states. I mean you can get it at pretty much any irish or scottish bar you go to (and i guess Captain D's too, gross) but it should be bigger. Battered >>>> breaded fish.

lol i thought you were in London

Where you at in the States?

Also, what is the next OT title?

LAM09

Yea bruv. Been working since the age of 13 to pay my own way. Still went to school but worked after to pay rent to my folks.

Dat work ethic. People who choose not to work really grind my gears.

If only everyone had a similar attitude to you.

You should work for everything you want, and not expect things to be given to you. Benefits are there to help people who really need them, and are physically unable to work.

Just heard brazilian league dropped in FIFA 15.

Don't worry though, they have added the fucking Solomon Islands League....boasting 11 years of football history.

National teams? Pakistan are in it, also fear not!

The isle of man national team is in it...... Not even a fucking nation?

Lol FIFA pls....

what

Esch

Banned
I thought it was Missoura

I never get why out of staters always say that. Nobody ever calls it Missourah unless you live in bumfuck somewhere (basically anywhere that's not STL, Kansas City, or Columbia). That's that super country accent. People from my area generally have the most neutral sounding American accents in the country, which is why a lot of radio personalities and newscasters come from here.

I'll never understand why Italy managers are so obsessed with Giaccherini. I hope De Jong eats him alive today.

Fake edit: Sorry for the off-topic post guys.

Meier

I love me some KFC and Popeye's (Hardee's' mashed potatoes are insanely good) but this local place here in Austin is fantastic: Lucy's Fried Chicken.

food_set4.jpg

LAM09

Not sure what match to watch tonight. Italy vs Holland, or France vs Spain?

I think I will probably watch the latter, as it's on Sky Sports.

L1NETT

If only everyone had a similar attitude to you.

You should work for everything you want, and not expect things to be given to you. Benefits are there to help people who really need them, and are physically unable to work.

I don't want to turn this into Politcal Gaf, but excuse me for a second. Most benefits go to pensioners, people in work, housing and a tiny fraction goes to the unemployed. Also the fraction of benefits lost to fraud is so tiny. About ten times more than that (around 11billion) goes as unclaimed benefits

the noises those folk made

ahh wooo ahhh oh ahhh woo

Di Marzio reports that Milan have blocked Suso and will sign him next summer. Apparently he doesn't feel that important at Liverpool so he won't renew his contract (which expires next June).

Can't really believe it, I'm pretty sure he'll end up staying at Liverpool or if he has to, sign for another top club that isn't Milan.

Esch

Banned
I love me some KFC and Popeye's (Hardee's' mashed potatoes are insanely good) but this local place here in Austin is fantastic: Lucy's Fried Chicken.

Looks fantastic.

Low key though, the best kept secret in American fried chicken is Nashville hot chicken. If you're ever in that city it's a must have. I went to college in TN and used to love eating it during visits. They bread it in a super pepper heavy paste and marinate it in buttermilk. It's amazing. So hot and juicy.

food_set4.jpg

I was in Austin for a project

We went to Hop Doddy for Burgers I think, which was good.

Perla's where the jumpo texas prawns friend and with chimichurri sauce were great

And some steak/good place in downtown I don't remember. but they had great gauc and steak.

LAM09

I don't want to turn this into Politcal Gaf, but excuse me for a second. Most benefits go to pensioenrs, people in work, housing and a tiny fraction goes to the unemployed. Also the fraction of benefits lost to fraud is so tiny. About ten times more than that (around 11billion) goes as unclaimed benefits

My point was reffering to people who don't work, and just claim. There are 1000's of people like that in the UK.

L1NETT

My point was reffering to people who don't work, and just claim. There are 1000's of people like that in the UK.

Yes you'll tend to find that in a period of really mass unemployment with 1000s of people applying for a dozen or so jobs and in reality they are such a small part of the benefits system. 64% of all families are on some sort of benefits.

The scapegoating of unemployed, immigrants and disabled is frankly pathetic.

Edit: But enough of this, apologies.

LAM09

Yes you'll tend to find that in a period of really mass unemployment with 1000s of people applying for a dozen or so jobs and in reality they are such a small part of the benefits system. 64% of all families are on some sort of benefits.

The scapegoating of unemployed, immigrants and disabled is frankly pathetic.

Edit: But enough of this, apologies.

I was talking about people who have NEVER worked.

This is a football thread, so I will leave it at that.

Welfare fraud happens much more on a corporate and administrative level in the US (and Canada). Probably the same in the UK. That dude who "doesn't work" is a mere blip on the system compared to the execute taking advantage of corporate welfare and bureaucracy.

Top Bottom