• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Jarnet87

Ruud tore his acl the year before moving to united didn't he? His psv days were before I started watching so I don't know if he lost a step but he was a beast at united.

A lot of American sports players have come back well from ACL injury. There are examples in football too.

All these injuries are unique. A lot depends on where the damage is, how it effects the particular player and their recovery. Hard to know how it will pan out.

caramac

ibe04TRNzOECPV.gif

Ruud tore his acl the year before moving to united didn't he? His psv days were before I started watching so I don't know if he lost a step but he was a beast at united.

He was due to sign for United when he did it I remember reading recently, then Frogie waited until he was all fixed up then bought him

Zabojnik

A lot of American sports players have come back well from ACL injury. There are examples in football too.

All these injuries are unique. A lot depends on where the damage is, how it effects the particular player and their recovery. Hard to know how it will pan out.

Yeah, that too. No ACL injury is the same.

inky

If you watch the game, that's essentially what's currently on the pitch. It needs work, but they are approaching the match differently.

Yea, I guess. I have it on the second monitor so it's not like I've been paying the closest attention. They just seem disappointing so far.

K1LLER7

Reading about ACLs and it seems quite common in American Football.

Falcoa says he's ready. Got off to a goal scoring start at Monaco, lets hope he does the same at United.

RiggyRob

I'm just two hours in, so it's probably too early for me to really praise the game, but I like the atmosphere. Maybe I'm just in the right mood right now.

That's good to hear.

Not sure if this is in the Vita version, but in the (digital) 3DS version there's a glitch that possibly crashes your game in the PEC room, and IIRC you shouldn't save in the Escape sequences either, so keep that in mind.

I got all the endings.

Took me 30+ hours. Brilliant game. Was so happy they let you skip to certain points in the story so that its easier to get the different endings.

In 999 you had to go through the whole game again.

You got it all in 30+ hours? I'm 18 hours in and
I've only got the Dio ending as a real ending so far
. I must be going really slowly.

Yen

RVN left United too early.

In reddit, there's a thread on what you shouldn't order at restaurants. Does wilbz have any horror stories?

Pennywise

Who else? 'Cause it seems to be much harder on strikers and pacey / movement players in general.
At Dortmund we had Otto Addo who scored with an ACL. He was ready to get subbed but there wss no break and got the ball and made the goal. He had 3 ACLs in his career.

The video of RvN's is still around I think. Probably on YouTube. His scream is harrowing.

Reading about ACLs and it seems quite common in American Football.

Falcoa says he's ready. Got off to a goal scoring start at Monaco, lets hope he does the same at United.
Yeah most famous example in NFL is Adrien Peterson who came back and won the MVP the next year. (Manning should have won it but whatever.)

Falcao has had one before hasn't he. He's immune to them. Rumbooooo.

The video of RvN's is still around I think. Probably on YouTube. His scream is harrowing.

Yeah most famous example in NFL is Adrien Peterson who came back and won the MVP the next year. (Manning should have won it but whatever.)

Falcao has had one before hasn't he. He's immune to them. Rumbooooo.

Plus he thinks he irrevocably has God on his side, makes him mentally impervious.

K1LLER7

Not sure if this is in the Vita version, but on the 3DS there's a possible glitch that crashes your game in the PEC room, and IIRC you shouldn't save in the Escape sequences either, so keep that in mind.

You got it all in 30+ hours? I'm 18 hours in and
I've only got the Dio ending as a real ending so far
. I must be going really slowly.
Once you get the first ending, you should be able to get through the others fairly quickly.

I finished it closer to the 40 hour mark. Was the perfect game to play before bed. Majority of the puzzles in the game are great. Some proper difficult ones towards the end.

Clegg

MANITED bros in disgrace. Best example of someone coming back from ligament injury is iKeano. Crazy bastard came back and ran harder, faster and longer than he did before injury. Was the bet midfielder in the world for about 3 seasons post knee injury.

tbm24

Yea, I guess. I have it on the second monitor so it's not like I've been paying the closest attention. They just seem disappointing so far.

It is disappointing to see but at this point the team is in transition but there remains a lot of promise with the new players coming in. The team will remain strong, it'll also help if Silva actually kicks the ball when it's sent his way.

Top Bottom