• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still amused that people ridiculed the idea that Borderlands 2 would end up being the better loot-based FPS. Doesn't sound like the MMO aspects add a whole tonne.

Carbonox

I get far more enjoyment out of PvP in Destiny than PvE. Gear is much better too I've found in my experiences.

Can find this game being so dull and boring for those who play on their larry though.

I've had nothing but a great and fun experience personally but I've been playing with mates for the most part.

Esch

Banned
did bungie actually add any missions to the full version of destiny or is it still just the repetitive nothingness the demo was?

They actually docked every single mission and game mode except the map editor. It's all on the disc though. the rest is all DLC, to be unlocked and purchased in november.

I get far more enjoyment out of PvP in Destiny than PvE. Gear is much better too I've found in my experiences.

Can find this game being so dull and boring for those who play on their larry though.

I've had nothing but a great and fun experience personally but I've been playing with mates for the most part.

I play with Hixx and Kyoufu and I actually think that makes it extra dull.

actually enjoy playing with them but damn the game is repetitive.

inky

These Destiny comments remind me of my time with Guild Wars 2. For a time there it was all I could think about playing. Flaws showed up faster than I anticipated tho.

Carbonox

Watching Desolation of Smaug

The smashing together of normal filming, bad CGI, greenscreen, focus effects and 3D shots is jarring as fuck

I thought the film was enjoyable but yeah the weird effects were off-putting.

The only thing in the Middle Earth lore I actually like and am interested in them exploring more is stuff to do with Sauron, the Wraiths, the old wars, etc. None of this Hobbit and Samwise Ganja "share the load" adventure shit. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy the LotR films but only cos of the conflict shit.

I guess that's why I'm still holding a very loose interest in Shadow of Mordor coming out next month.

Hixx

Still amused that people ridiculed the idea that Borderlands 2 would end up being the better loot-based FPS. Doesn't sound like the MMO aspects add a whole tonne.

Destiny is far, far better than the tedious shit that Borderlands 2 is.

Borderlands 1 was more than enough of that.

Arnie

I'm a student, Arnie. Please understand.
how much do you earn per month in your current job?

edit: where in the fuck is the FIFA 15 demo in the US PS Store?!!
Well that's partly why I'm depressed. I work 10 hours a day in PR. Five days a week. And I'm skint.

Is anyone else's FIFA 15 demo stuttering like fuck? What the hell.

inky

PC? Mine hangs for a bit here and there. If I unlock FPS it goes a good 100+, except during the replays, but it tears like a motherfucker. If I lock it to 60 I get 60 most of the time but in the middle of the action it hangs, then jumps forwards. Twice or thrice a match.

Also, I'm not sure their MSAA thingy is doing much. The player models are jaggy as hell, and their DOF during replays and highlights looks like crap. I think they use it to hide low-res textures or something.

Carbonox

I just knocked over my tin of pringles and cos it's nearly full the whole lot went everywhere. The crumbs, the dog roaming around trying to eat whatever she can, the potential to step on a jagged pringle. I don't know how to rebuild my life now.
U5CSBEo.png

Elchele

Well that's partly why I'm depressed. I work 10 hours a day in PR. Five days a week. And I'm skint.

at least you got a job, m8. I have no idea if I will be able to get a job in advertising when I graduate, seems like a very difficult industry to get into

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
0 lag or stutter on the demo on the new pc, which is great :D

Cant wait to finally play games on mid-high settings.

LTWheels

These Destiny comments remind me of my time with Guild Wars 2. For a time there it was all I could think about playing. Flaws showed up faster than I anticipated tho.

Guild Wars 1 is still my favourite of these kind of games. It's really what Destiny should have been but as a shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom