• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reus is amaze-balls on FIFA 15 demo. Just scored a hat-trick with him all in the second half against Napoli :D

Edit: do i have you btw on PSN, Killer?

posting for new page:

Cheapest place to get FIFA 15 on PC? Might give it a gabba this year.

Both Quiche and iNvid got it really cheap through the mexican origin store. I got the last few games through that as well, but for some reason it's refusing to work for me right now, worth a try though.

K1LLER7

I am curious now. I can imagine the mish-mash of accents throwing anyone off.
Somebody had a very high pitch voice. I'm guessing it was Quiche lol.

Yea Quiche is an angry person.
The things you guys said about Cola and Wilbur. Smh.

I didn't really listen in. Entered by accident and didn't know how to leave lol.

Talked with Hitcher though, he's a good lad.

Only played 1 mission with Figa, he/she didn't talk much though :p

Reus is amaze-balls on FIFA 15 demo. Just scored a hat-trick with him all in the second half against Napoli :D

Edit: do i have you btw on PSN, Killer?
Yeah. I added you a while back m8.

Can't wait to play you guys in FIFA 15. Happy they changed the dribbling, it feels more fluid (?) and the passing is faster too. My tiki taka would blow Pep away.

If there's anything we can all be sure about, it's that all the other English clubs will embarrass themselves, which all the lol premier league posters loves, while Chelsea alone will have to try and do all the work.

These clubs finishing 4th should be on their hands and knees thanking us and begging us for our services to English football. Winning the CL, winning the EL, CL semi-final... none of these clubs care about Europe. Terrible to see really, Chelsea are saving English football - who'd have thought it?

Yen

I'm watching Source Code (a very good sci-fi film), I think Jones is a very talented director but it's one hell of a risk to make a megabudget blockbuster out of such a niche franchise like Warcraft. 5 year gap between Source Code and Warcraft as well.

Arnie

Thankfully England's most prestigious European club have returned so the little tinpot (tinpots full of oil, mind) clubs can step aside.

Not surprised at the City thing. They've got too much money to have anybody go against them.

Meier

This has been known for what, 4 months? FIFPro got involved since this would have meant numerous players would need to be left out which would presumably affect compensation amongst other things. Very few clubs meet the club trained requirement so they just only register something like 20-22 players. Making City register say 18 senior players would have been punishment on the players which is why their union got involved.

You'll note that Gerrard is the only club trained player Liverpool has in their A squad. Suso is registered on the B squad as well but he won't be playing undoubtedly. Sterling and Flanagan are also on the B squad it looks like and qualify as club trained, but these players would not fall under the 21 player limit City and PSG are under as they're not on the a squad.

jesalr

Spurs up for sale?

dr%20evil%202.jpg

Well, £, according to the mirror. Can't imagine anyone paying much more than £400m for us, considering they'd also have to take on a stadium project too.

How much were city bought for?

Also, fuck FFP, we're gonna be the new oil boys!

Phlebas

Banned
If there's anything we can all be sure about, it's that all the other English clubs will embarrass themselves, which all the lol premier league posters loves, while Chelsea alone will have to try and do all the work.

Chelsea alone carries the coefficient.

Mou is the savoir English football needs

Yen

This has been known for what, 4 months? FIFPro got involved since this would have meant numerous players would need to be left out which would presumably affect compensation amongst other things. Very few clubs meet the club trained requirement so they just only register something like 20-22 players. Making City register say 18 senior players would have been punishment on the players which is why their union got involved.
You aren't doing a great job of convincing me this is all ok

Tevez injured. Will miss Udinese, Malmo, Milan.

Wow, just wow. It has begun. For realz. The year of Allegri.

3-5-2: Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna; Marrone, Marchisio, Pogba; Giovinco/Coman, Llorente

Or, hopefully,

4-3-3: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Caceres, Bonucci, Evra; Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah (he's a CM innit lads); Morata, Llorente; Pe(pe/reyra)

Wilbur

Banned
What convincing is needed? It's been very public and was discussed at length months and months ago. Whether you paid attention then is another story.

Well, City should be punished for it. Regardless of whether it's the players being punished. Maybe then they'll think twice about doing it again.

Meier

How much were city bought for?
City went for £200m. The usage of the City of Manchester Stadium definitely played a role.

Well, City should be punished for it. Regardless of whether it's the players being punished. Maybe then they'll think twice about doing it again.
The punishment was made and City complied with the punishment that was given. It's the main reason Negredo was sold as he was City's 17th foreign player.

In 2009, Real Madrid and Juventus were both in a bidding war for then Udinese central midfielder Gaetano D'Agostino. Both deals eventually collapsed at the last minute. In fact, D'Agostino already had purchased a plane ticket to Madrid before the deal fell through.

Today, he signed for Serie D side Fidelis Andria. He's 32yo.

Such a shame. Was a decent enough midfielder, probably not worth of either Juve or Madrid even at his height, but could've played at Parma or Sampdoria at least. Oh well.

But they are still being punished? If uefa actually tried to do this, it would just have gone to court forever with fifpro and they probably realized they would most likely lose, due to it punishing the players.

Wilbur

Banned
Who the fuck would buy Rangers?

To be honest I thought the City lads missed a trick not buying Newcastle. Huge stadium, only club in the city, loyal fanbase... I miss the days when Newcastle challenged for top four. Based Bobby.

L1NETT

Red Bull Newcastle

And also on any big money folk trying to buy Spurs/Newcastle FFP has had the side effect of locking in the elite clubs. The ship has sailed on getting into oil money to artificially bankroll small clubs to higher positions.

So dunno what the path forward for Spurs/Everton/Villa and the like are. Road ahead for the future is incredibly bleak unless something changes.

Red Bull Newcastle

And also on any big money folk trying to buy Spurs/Newcastle FFP has had the side effect of locking in the elite clubs. The ship has sailed on getting into oil money to artificially bankroll small clubs to higher positions.

So dunno what the path forward for Spurs/Everton/Villa and the like are. Road ahead for the future is incredibly bleak unless something changes.

FFP doesn't cover stadiums though iirc, so the way to move forward with FFP restrictions in mind is surely to play the long game of buying a bigger stadium, get better crowds then I would guess they'll be able to spend more as its within their financial possibility to (and owner can lend in that case?)

Depends if anyone wants to wait that long though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This Jonas saga is ridiculous and soul crushing. As if it wasn't bad enough to endure the transfer window, this year we have extra time with this free transfer >_>

Son of a...

nitewulf

How good is Reus anyway? Let's b realistic, is he the next Ronaldo? I thought Hazard was awesome but as good as he is, he didn't quite reach that peak

How good is Reus anyway? Let's b realistic, is he the next Ronaldo? I thought Hazard was awesome but as good as he is, he didn't quite reach that peak

It's dumb to call anyone "the next xxxxx", so no. Considering Reus is 25 and plays for Dortmund and everything, I think it's also even sillier to even compare them. He would need to go to a club with a good chance of winning CL and such, to get that kind of reputation (yeah yeah, they got to the finale but lets not pretend that will happen again anytime soon).

Calm down bro I meant level wise, hazard is still ok

I wasn't even talking about Hazard?

The "next xxxx" is just always silly. I'm completely calm. But no, Reus might be great but he's fairly obviously not exactly going to reach Ronaldo or Messi levels.

Except for Neymar, who is certainly the next Robinho

What the fuck is up with buying a decent mouse these days? Just looked at mine and thought "Thing looks old, I could do with a new one". I still have a Logitech MX518 that I bought for 35 bucks like 6 (?) years.

Then I go to Amazon and find out that there's only shitty basic mouses or these fucking monsters that go for ~60 bucks:
mugm16t.jpg

Fuck off, PC market. I just want a mouse that looks cool and is able to play games decently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom