• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Where do you stand on the "you can't teach a player how to finish" thing.

It sounds like nonsense to me tbh.

Completely true. I can't think of any striker that "learned" to finish during his career. Maybe if they're young enough you can try, but with regular professionals? I doubt it.

K1LLER7

FUCKING WIZARDS

Those Hallowed Knights can fuck off as well

Might be a bit better now, got my defense up to like 760, using an Auto Rifle and Light level 22. Desperate for a blue Auto Rifle, come to the realisation that Scout Rifles are shit in Destiny
Haha at least we made it past the door today :p

I got 2 rare (blue) auto rifles. For me, everything is blue except for the chest armour.

My pick-ups and loot have been terrible the past 2 days though. Still not got a legendary item, it only dropped for you yesterday and Figa today. Everything I picked up was worse than my current equipment.

When we complete the Destiny weekly strike mission :p

Why did you have to die Hitch? WHY?! We even took down 3/4 of its health :(
fuck wizards

Just imagine what the level 26 Raid is gonna be like :lol. I'm trying to get my Vanguard rep up to level 3 because I have enough to buy a legendary auto rifle now. Should make things a little easier.

Plasma

Banned
We're being linked with a load of free transfers, Diarra, McCartney, Yobo and Lugano christ I'd rather just play our youth players.

K1LLER7

Just imagine what the level 26 Raid is gonna be like :lol. I'm trying to get my Vanguard rep up to level 3 because I have enough to buy a legendary auto rifle now. Should make things a little easier.
You'll be fine. It's me and Hitch who let the team down lol. I enjoy being the last one alive and having to save you guys. Flash grenades are perfect for those situations.

I'm not sure if I should be bothering with the crucible rank or the Vanguard rank. Not really had a look into it.

Think my crucible rank is finally at lvl 2 now.

I think you can techinically improve your finishing (apply greater power and direction or swerve to shots for example) but I don't think you be taught mental composure in front of goal.

Zabojnik

I think you can techinically improve your finishing (apply greater power and direction or swerve to shots for example) but I don't think you be taught mental composure in front of goal.

1400835301_7131.jpeg

So true.

Yes this I agree with.

Rooney improved his finishing quite a lot over his first 3/4 seasons at United. But he had the belief he would score.

I don't ask this with Welbeck in mind only, btw. It just seems an odd thing to me for people to say that you can't learn something, that something can be so innate. I don't really agree with that for most things in life. It might be too late to learn something, yeah, but that's a little different.

My days Gervinho, how can he be such a shit finisher and then such a lethal finisher in the same match.

Roma have to be careful at the back, because their defending was a bit average and they will concede against Bayern

You'll be fine. It's me and Hitch who let the team down lol. I enjoy being the last one alive and having to save you guys. Flash grenades are perfect for those situations.

I'm not sure if I should be bothering with the crucible rank or the Vanguard rank. Not really had a look into it.

Think my crucible rank is finally at lvl 2 now.

Should be able to buy some legendary armour then. :D

I find Crucible much easier because it goes pretty fast if you play PvP. Getting 100 Vanguard marks last week was a bitch and my rank was only 1.

Zabojnik

My days Gervinho, how can he be such a shit finisher and then such a lethal finisher in the same match.

Roma have to be careful at the back, because their defending was a bit average and they will concede against Bayern

That's Gervinho in a nutshell, lol. Yeah, I'm interested in seeing Roma's defense against a tougher side as well. Manolas looks promising, but Astori is still Astori, although the move to a big(ger) club seems to have done wonders for his confidence. He was very decent for Italy as well, although again ... against a dead Oranje side and Norway.

Hixx

Should be able to buy some legendary armour then. :D

I find Crucible much easier because it goes pretty fast if you play PvP. Getting 100 Vanguard marks last week was a bitch and my rank was only 1.

Patrol and get the materials from the planets while you do it. MUCH quicker rep and the marks are still decent.

It's not going to be up tonight, as per their Twitter.

Their last tweet was something like 'stay tuned cunts, web app will be up real soon you shit eating bitches' 4h ago

I seriously don't understand how incompetent that company can be.....

A year of planning but nope

GorillaJu

Man you weren't kidding about the Bladedancer super, Hixx. Just took my Hunter into some PvP last night. Holy shit :lol

Also sticky grenades are amazing.

That's Gervinho in a nutshell, lol. Yeah, I'm interested in seeing Roma's defense against a tougher side as well. Manolas looks promising, but Astori is still Astori, although the move to a big(ger) club seems to have done wonders for his confidence. He was very decent for Italy as well, although again ... against a dead Oranje side and Norway.

I agree about Astori, he always seems to make a game costing mistake against big club and is the thing that is stopping him from being a serious contender for a starting place for Italy.

Good first match day for the Italian clubs and now I hope the Europa scrubs get the job done too. Time to start working on getting back a 4th CL spot.

Hixx

Man you weren't kidding about the Bladedancer super, Hixx. Just took my Hunter into some PvP last night. Holy shit :lol

Also sticky grenades are amazing.

It's bullshit. There's nothing worse than thinking "I should be able to counter this" but you just can't for a multitude of reasons. Unless you have a shotgun out and shoot at the perfect time you are fucked.

ALL supers need to lose their boost to survivability in the Crucible. It should not be a pure win button, there should be some risk especially considering if you are killed before it's triggered (somehow), it doesn't actually consume your super bar.

Patrol and get the materials from the planets while you do it. MUCH quicker rep and the marks are still decent.

I farmed Spinmetal for a couple of days. Was kind of a pain in the ass though, and now I have to farm Relic Iron and Helium Filaments so I can upgrade my armour. Crucible is much more fun. :p

I have exactly 150 Vanguard marks, so I'm just gonna use them to buy an Auto Rifle. No more farming, I'll get them when I get them. I only need rep now.

Hixx

I've given up on The Fall on episode 4.

I honestly couldn't tell you a single characters name in the show off the top of my head. Too dull for me.

Zabojnik

arkon

As someone who never played Planescape (yes i know), I am looking forward to it. I'm loving these kind of games getting real new life at the moment.

Yep. Adds more variety to the gaming releases in a given year which is always a good thing. I'm still having a hard time believing we're getting some of these games.

Thanks brehs. I watched an interview with GOAT rpg designer Chris Avellone recently and everything about the new Torment sounds fucking amazing to me.

I love that they're going proper weird with the setting and stuff, especially since PoE's got the standard medieval fantasy setting on lock (with some twists).

Hixx

I kind of feel like this FKA Twigs LP is the best album I've heard this year.

If you've heard Tensnake's album and think this I am going to have to say smh.gif

If you haven't, I'm going to say smh.gif but add that you should really listen to Tensnake's album.

Zabojnik

I love that they're going proper weird with the setting and stuff, especially since PoE's got the standard medieval fantasy setting on lock (with some twists).

Yeah, same here! I'm getting chills just reading the description of the Bloom area.

Deep in the guts of the Bloom is a jumble of fleshy veins and cavities, known to natives as the Gullet. It surrounds a foul organic stew, containing the minds and memories of those devoured by the Bloom. The pulsing of a titanic heart reverberates from somewhere below… if you find yourself trapped here, the sound will drive you mad.

Few reach this place by intention. Most are eaten by a Maw and emerge in the Gullet, half-digested, to spend the final days of their lives in screaming agony. Transdimensional echoes of the Bloom's victims wander through the tunnels, lost and insane. Bizarre creatures, bred by the Bloom in its guts, burst from their wombs to hunt. Forgotten machines and artifacts lie half-submerged in Bloom-flesh, plucked from distant worlds of the past or future.

The only way out of the Gullet is down… to follow the sounds of the Bloom's beating heart and descend to a place where the Bloom's consciousness is at its most malignant and aware.

I mean, I shouldn't even be surprised, the GOAT rpg team is making it.

It's bullshit. There's nothing worse than thinking "I should be able to counter this" but you just can't for a multitude of reasons. Unless you have a shotgun out and shoot at the perfect time you are fucked.

ALL supers need to lose their boost to survivability in the Crucible. It should not be a pure win button, there should be some risk especially considering if you are killed before it's triggered (somehow), it doesn't actually consume your super bar.

Golden gun doesn't give you an armour bonus, which sucks because I prefer it. It's bullshit too since it makes you jump in the air and show everyone what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom