• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

faridmon

Fair play to Liverpool, made Real Madrid look like Newcastle.
Play with this defence and you should be able to get something out of Chelsea.... Unless they park the bus.

Turok_TTZ

Liverpool should be proud of themselves.

Having said that, I think Real Madrid is a little jaded considering the schedule we've had but otherwise, CR7 and Isco had bad games.

I hope Benzema rests the next game, I will be furious if we overplay him like last year again.

Meier

DKFphkG.png

I'm a proud 2%'er.

Rainy

Banned
Just came in here to say...wow Arsenal. Also BVB really needs to not save all of their good form for the CL lmaooo

I'll be honest our B team showed our A team the fuck the up. Lucas was showing gerrard how the fuck you play cdm. Sterling and Gerrard added nothing when they came on. I was eager to judge that team but it showed real grit, Rodgers will of course ignore it all and put the lame show ponies back in for Saturday

I'll eat my share of humble pie. At the very least it should show everyone in the squad that their place in the team is not secure, and they all need to improve. Most players needs that grain in the back of their mind saying 'if I play like shit, I'll be replaced'

That's a grain that has apparently been missing from Gerrard and Balotelli in particular. Maybe that'll help us going forward, maybe they won't even play against Chelsea.

Another match chalked off in the countdown to Sturridge's return as well. Content, that's what I am. One thing's for sure, no matter what you think of Rodgers. He has balls the size of spacehoppers.

Arsenal will qualify easily, they were always gonna finish 2nd imo

3-0 to 3-3 is embarassing, but not disastrous in this context

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Baguette's obituary is the highlight of this night so far

He did this to his Arsenal

Maybe God does exist after all

Leaves us in the same position we were, win both and we almost certainly go through. Draw at Ludogorets and win against Basel, we probably go through. Win at Ludogorets and draw against Basel, we probably finish third. Drop points in both or lose 1, and we finish bottom.

Relying on Madrid to try winning the remaining games, as well as doing our own job.

I thought Gerrard was shit when he came on.

I wouldn't even blame him tbh, his style does not fit with what we needed. If there was space over the top, sure. But we needed players who could carry the ball through midfield, whereas Gerrard these days is basically stop the ball, release the ball, move back.

Should've kept Can on and swapped Allen with Henderson imo. Very much doubt we'd have scored no matter what changes we made really, at least not without going mental and opening ourselves up at the back.

Lightning

Banned
Just makes the bullishness after beating Sunderland and Burnley so much funnier.
What bullishness? We're going to qualify for the last 16 of the cl and make top 4. That was the case before Sunderland and Burnley and is still the case.

Arsenal fans in here are negative as fuck. There is no bullishness.

Top Bottom