• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Scum

Rodgers is just the ultimate troll. Dude is certifiably nuts.

If Liverpool did send up sacking him sometime soon; who would be the replacement? Think someone like Bielsa would be nice but I got him pegged to be Arsene's successor.

Sherwood.

Only just noticed Chelsea are A in Europe and then at Anfield on Saturday for the early game.

That's odd.

Mou is going to love talking about that.

El Topo

Remember when Germany wasted a four goal lead at home against Sweden? Sometimes you get swept away by the momentum of the opposite team. If you have slowed down, it's hard to start through again.

faridmon

Liverpool is finally going to get the man they long sough after, now that he have a Merseyside experience.

Martinez

Lightning

Banned
paraphrasing here

first goal offside, bad concentration because they thought job was done, fatigue...
Glad it wasn't a pl game or I would be rightly fuming right now. Still a shit sandwich though. 3-0 up at 60 minutes should see the game out. Just wtf.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
You can't.

Not even closely.

EPL is a joke currently, while I won't argue that it's entertaining every once in a while (thanks to that shitty defenders), there is no way that Reus ends up in the Premier League.

ManU isn't in the CL, City is a running joke in europe and we both have seen Arsenal.
The only team that's even remotely interesting and competetive in Europe is Chelsea and they already got Hazard.

Besides, Reus isn't someone who is only out for money, otherwise he would have never joined Dortmund and would have choosen Bayern back in the day.
He has a strong bound to his hometown called Dortmund and the only teams that might have a chance to get him are :
Dortmund
Bayern
Barca
Madrid

Barca can't buy players and they already got a pretty good offensive and need some proper defenders first.
Madrid isn't really a choice either with both Ronaldo and Bale.

So that leaves Dortmund and Bayern, he is seriously pissed at all the shit the Bayern joke manager Rumenigge brings up, but obviously he would have a good chance to play at Bayern.
As I already said money isn't the biggest topic and he got a strong bond with the Dortmund, if they fail to qualify for the CL, it will be really hard to hold him.
If they qualify though, there is a pretty good chance that he stays, as he already denied Bayern twice !

I agree with this assessment. Dortmund might be struggling in the bundesliga right now, but they are still better than all EPL teams except for Chelsea. Barca cant buy him and im not sure where he would fit in madrid since they already have isco, bale, ronaldo and rodriguez, so they dont need reus. I could see him go to united, but they are less likely to play in the CL next year than dortmund. I think Bayern is the most likely candidate. Hopefully he'll stay though.

Only just noticed Chelsea are A in Europe and then at Anfield on Saturday for the early game.

That's odd.

Wasn't it the same thing with the match there last season, during the #slippening? I seem to remember him whining about it, just to have the reserves win anyway.
AkpmCMU.png

Glad it wasn't a pl game or I would be rightly fuming right now. Still a shit sandwich though. 3-0 up at 60 minutes should see the game out. Just wtf.
It's crazy, even with the offside goal it's crazy to let another two goals in like that. I seriously wasn't expecting that, even with our shaky defense. Anderlecht scoring three goals when they are three behind in the Emirates? Yeah people can laugh and say we're bad but I'm sure most of didn't expect us to perform THAT bad.

Dunno why ppl. are so upset about our league performance - who cares about league standing if you on track to win the CL?

..don't bookmark this post, lol

TeddyBoy

Liverpool is finally going to get the man they long sough after, now that he have a Merseyside experience.

Martinez

Could you imagine the meltdowns by both halves of merseyside? Our half wouldn't accept him whilst yours would want him crucified xD

jtb

Banned
It takes a very different skillset to win in Europe than it does to win in a league. so it doesn't make much sense to compare leagues on the basis of how they do in Europe. a lot depends on the managers in charge. someone like Wenger is never going to win in Europe. I have no idea where Reus will end up but given how much money PL clubs, it's laughable to count them out on the basis of CL performance.

That's odd.

@ChelsTransfer · 2m 2 minutes ago
Mourinho on Saturday's lunchtime kickoff vs #LFC: "I did not bother asking [@FA] about changing the game
"I know but what do you want me to do? What can I say? They are not listening, of course not"

Zioey3m.png

Also said "If one day I go to a game and I don’t feel I can win, maybe I don’t go," said the Portuguese.

"So, normally, against the most difficult opponents, I will try to go with my best team. But who knows? Liverpool might play a fantastic match and win and rest players and the players are in great condition to play against Chelsea. In this case it might be a genius decision. In football it is difficult to comment."

Clegg

We are still on the if you don't have CL you can't attract world class players bandwagon?

That just makes you sound like Brendan Rodgers
You can attract them if you've enough money and are the only club in for said player eg United an Di Maria. But if there are a number of clubs after a player and they can offer CL football then you're out of luck.

Scum

@ChelsTransfer · 2m 2 minutes ago
Mourinho on Saturday's lunchtime kickoff vs #LFC: "I did not bother asking [@FA] about changing the game
"I know but what do you want me to do? What can I say? They are not listening, of course not"

Zioey3m.png

Also said "If one day I go to a game and I don’t feel I can win, maybe I don’t go," said the Portuguese.

"So, normally, against the most difficult opponents, I will try to go with my best team. But who knows? Liverpool might play a fantastic match and win and rest players and the players are in great condition to play against Chelsea. In this case it might be a genius decision. In football it is difficult to comment."

He fucking loves it, doesn't he? lool

Scum

What's this about Yohan Kebab? That he could be available to buy?? Maybe ManU and Arsenal should enquire....

And with Puma having Dortmund stock, they will surely also throw a good amount of money towards him, so he will stay.

Money isn't the issue, everyone who even remotely knows Reus will tell you that.

Which is why I also think Rues will want to go somewhere where he can challenge for the title. Looks like he loves a challenge and to be a part of bunch of mates.

Clydefrog

Rodgers is just the ultimate troll. Dude is certifiably nuts.

If Liverpool did send up sacking him sometime soon; who would be the replacement? Think someone like Bielsa would be nice but I got him pegged to be Arsene's successor.

They should go back to that old lady they had for a bit... what was her name? Dalglish?

Stop thinking about Reus and start thinking about how you can get some beef.
You surely need it...

Why are you reminding me :(

I want a nice juicy burger with grilled onions, mustard and nice crispy fries for lunch

And for dinner, a 32 oz. bone in ribeye done Medium, served with herb butter, Bearnaise sauce. Sides of mashed/whipped potatoes, grilled asparagus. Some good red wine too.

Finish with a nice cold drink of Baileys.

God damn you Penny

Lightning

Banned
That Anderlecht manager is a right idiot. 2nd game now where he basically says we don't respect our opposition. His team are basically out of the cl so he should just shut the hell up and fuck off. His team failed to progress through, that's all that really matters.

They are a shit team and are treated like a second rate team because that's what they are.

That Anderlecht manager is a right idiot. 2nd game now where he basically says we don't respect our opposition. His team are basically out of the cl so he should just shut the hell up and fuck off. His team failed to progress through, that's all that really matters.

They are a shit team and are treated like a second rate team because that's what they are.

A second rate shit team that turned 3-0 to 3-3. He might have a point about you.

faridmon

Maybe you should look at your team who lost a 3-0 at home to a second tier team before you start badmouthing a second rate team.

wedward

Dunno how you can blame the manager when the team shit the bed.

Everyone of those players is good enough to beat Belgian team #1.

Aside from Sanchez and maybe Welbz, this team is full of mentally weak players who shit the bed after letting in a soft goal.

Definitely Wenger's fault that we are short in defense, but these players need to take some responsibility at some point.

Top Bottom