• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Labadal

Well we were

Basics innit. I imagine that if they hadn't scored then, they'd have scored eventually. We lost by a single goal though, and doing that at the Bernebeuaueauae to this Madrid team is not shit, no matter how little attacking quality we showed.

We did score a goal but the ref was fooled by Ramos. No one touches him and he goes down like a bitch.

GorillaJu

Lets put it this way. All the teams we support have lost games over the last year by not solidifying single goal leads against opposition who offered very little in attack.

We were close enough that we could have gained something from the match. 1-0 is a close scoreline.

dc89

It got solid / good right after Wooden stopped watching it. Coincidence? I don't know, but I'm leaning towards no.

It reminded me of The Governor centric episode. That was also a really good episode.
I'm enjoying this season quite a bit! Wooden, you have to come back. Just don't make it shit again.

dpAj4TW.jpg

Does this ever work? I need to do this for my trips to San Francisco.

It never ever hurts to ask.

On my trip in 2012 from India to US, I got a free upgrade to business class from Economy+ on BA, London to US. When I had initially asked at BA desk in airport they said none were available, and the lady wasn't sure why. She said she will put me down for one if it becomes available or something and to check back again since I had around 5 hours at the airport.

On, India to London trip, the guy offered me a paid upgrade for 200 odd dollars which I decided to partake in.

Then in US from Chicago to Charlotte, I got free upgrade from Economy to First Class.

So, it never hurts to ask.

EmiPrime

Lets put it this way. All the teams we support have lost games over the last year by not solidifying single goal leads against opposition who offered very little in attack.

We were close enough that we could have gained something from the match. 1-0 is a close scoreline.

Triple goal leads too.

Linius

Ah yeah. Well yeah anything that gave me more space and gave me free food and wifi in the waiting lounge.

Not looking forwards to my 16 hour trip to Brazil..need to invest in a super comfy hoody.

I think all decent airlines (not the budget ones like Ryanair) have food/drinks included right? When I fly to London with BA I even get a drink and something to eat. It's like a one hour flight :p

Exactly. Or buy some sleeping pills, it's cheaper :lol

I can't justify first class, it's not about affording it, it's about the ludicrous price for a one time thing.

Even when my company sends me out on courses abroad, I always go Economy and tell'em to give me the rest of the money as an allowance :lol

Hotels though, 5 stars or bust.

Hotels depend. Usually when I go to festivals abroad I'm out all day and then all I want from my hotel is a clean comfortable bed, good breakfast buffet and wifi. And a lot of 3 star hotels can offer that just fine.

When I go on a holiday I never go to hotels anyways, always rent an apartment.

EmiPrime

It reminded me of The Governor centric episode. That was also a really good episode.
I'm enjoying this season quite a bit! Wooden, you have to come back. Just don't make it shit again.

I liked the way all of the nuance of that episode was lost on some people. Like they need everything spelled out for them.

I'm enjoying it a lot too.

They showed like four replays from different angles on Swedish TV and it was clear from every angle that he didn't touch him.

Hmm, would like to see it again. Assumed RAWK would be in meltdown if it was a legit goal, nobody was gonna get near him when Ramos was down.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think all decent airlines (not the budget ones like Ryanair) have food/drinks included right? When I fly to London with BA I even get a drink and something to eat. It's like a one hour flight :p

Hotels depend. Usually when I go to festivals abroad I'm out all day and then all I want from my hotel is a clean comfortable bed, good breakfast buffet and wifi. And a lot of 3 star hotels can offer that just fine.

When I go on a holiday I never go to hotels anyways, always rent an apartment.
We

Need

Pools

:lol

Hotel/apartments are great since we can cook our own food!

Exactly. Or buy some sleeping pills, it's cheaper :lol

I can't justify first class, it's not about affording it, it's about the ludicrous price for a one time thing.

Even when my company sends me out on courses abroad, I always go Economy and tell'em to give me the rest of the money as an allowance :lol

Hotels though, 5 stars or bust.

I only get 2 one week vacations a year. If I am flying back to Europe then business or first is worth it for me. I want as much luxury as I can get.

dc89

A punter from London will be thanking his lucky stars as Coventry City's Jim O'Brien struck in the 91st minute to earn City a point at Leyton Orient on Saturday as they defied odds of 6542/1 to turn £100 into more than £650,000.

The incredible bet was placed with just 20 minutes of the Saturday's 3pm kick-offs remaining and involved eight matches played in England.

The draw consisted of eight selections - eight £10 sevenfold accumulators (any combination of seven teams) as well one £20 eightfold accumulator (all eight teams together) totalling £100.

One of the major reasons why it was such large odds was that the punter predicted West Ham to draw with Stoke at a time where they were 2-0 down and the odds were 18/1.

In the Wigan/Fulham match up, a draw was predicted when the score was 2-2. Two minutes after the bet was placed, Ross McCormack was sent off for Fulham before Shaun Maloney scored to put Wigan ahead with just eight minutes remaining. A further red card, for Wigan’s Leon Barnett, and a penalty from Bryan Ruiz secured the unlikely result.

The latest goal which secured the massive was the equalising goal at Brisbane Road as Jim O'Brien fired home to secure a point for Steven Pressley's side while also guaranteeing a rather happy night for one London resident.

William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly said: “This is an absolutely astounding sum of money and there were so many late twists and turns on Saturday that our punter must have experienced a gamut of emotions before Jim O’Brien bagged the huge wager with his late strike."

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/lucky-punter-wins-650k-accumulator-8038198

How many WiiU's can he buy?

GorillaJu

I get about 10 weeks of paid vacation, 10 paid days of my choosing and Japan has an average of a 3 day weekend every month. Theres a reason I don't make much money in my position :lol

KidJr

So wait a minute sorry I'm over the whole Arsenal bs.

I just wanted to address the question from last night. How on earth is Modric better than Fabregas.

There's also business class for more comfort. But without all the luxurious extra stuff like chef meals and expensive wine.

I get about 10 weeks of paid vacation, 10 paid days of my choosing and Japan has an average of a 3 day weekend every month. Theres a reason I don't make much money in my position :lol

10 weeks? Like, working weeks. 50 days?

I get 30 days. With the bank hols included I'm chuffed with that.

Fuck that if you don't get a week off for bank holidays as well

I get around 10-14 other days off for various Korean holidays. But it is tough luck if a holiday falls on a weekend. Next year there will be only 11 days off for Korean holidays.

Gonna tell my boss to give me an extra week vacation or I am not gonna resign when my contract is up in Feb.

Zabojnik

"Hello Kitty turns 40 today. Now she's as old as the men who love her."

Colbert is ending next month. End me too. End me now. :(

L1NETT

Boro and Bouremouth flying in the championship

Boro beat Norwich 4nill yesterday

by eck

Jose's assistant Karanka the Kranky looks to be half fucking good.

Wouldn't mind those two got promoted.

You can buy a nice Lapo Elkann suit with that money

And you can wear more than one time!

I would love a truly great suit like he wears, still would need to fly back to London/Italy to get one made because Korean tailors are fucking hacks. I am gonna go to a new place to get a Lapo style winter coat made this weekend, but I am telling them I would give them a down payment, another on the first fitting and the rest on completion.

One of the main things I miss about Europe is how cheap luxury goods are. I was looking at a nice pair of shoes last week and they were double London prices.

5 weeks in summer, 2.5 in winter, 2 in march and "golden week" which is half a week off in May.

How did you get your job in Japan? My contract in Korea is finished in Feb, and I am either gonna ask my school for double the money to stay, go to a new school in Seoul or switch to Japan.

Option 4 is study in Seoul, but i will blow all my savings in a week living in Hongdae trying to impress the ladies

Zabojnik

I would love a truly great suit like he wears, still would need to fly back to London/Italy to get one made because Korean tailors are fucking hacks. I am gonna go to a new place to get a Lapo style winter coat made this weekend, but I am telling them I would give them a down payment, another on the first fitting and the rest on completion.

Winter coat? You either go full Lapo or not at all.

20130705_lapo-elkann.jpg

Jack cw

Dat Pack Mas background in the new PES.

Sold.

3ihdmZE.jpg
Never thought Bayern to be important in a sports game. Looking forward to todays match. I really love watching this attacking Bayern team. Our vertical play is basically as good as under Jupp but with more attack patterns and better control. Wonder what this team is able to when Schweini and Thiago are back.

Godan

Why does Wenger still play Monreal as a CB? Not once has he put in a convincing performance there. He really should play Bellerín RB and put Chambers as the CB untill we get the people who are out back and by people I mean the only 2 other defender we have.

Monreal just looks too far out of his depth playing as a CB.

Why does Wenger still play Monreal as a CB? Not once has he put in a convincing performance there. He really should play Bellerín RB and put Chambers as the CB untill we get the people who are out back and by people I mean the only 2 other defender we have.

Monreal just looks too far out of his depth playing as a CB.

Have faith in Wenger, he is one of the highest paid managers in the game so he clearly knows what he is doing compared to armchair managers.
At least that Is what I have to keep telling myself.

If you went to Hello Kitty Con you could have a free tattoo.

I don't know why people would want to have a tattoo of a hairy English schoolgirl

KidJr

Have faith in Wenger, he is one of the highest paid managers in the game so he clearly knows what he is doing compared to armchair managers.
At least that Is what I have to keep telling myself.

Basically is also what I keep telling myself, there most be something he knows that I dont. I refuse to believe a man as articulate, speak several languages, has a strong educational background and passion for the game isnt more qualified to make managerial decisions than I am... yet here we are... no one here would be playing Monreal at CB so fuck knows.

Fabregas is a better passer (range, weight of pass, vision) will score more goals, generate more assists, can play CM or number 10. Fabregas can literally open teams up almost at will when he's on song (no pun lol)... Modric is great but Fabregas is sensational.

I cant get why Cesc doesnt get the praise he deserves, this did is honestly top 5 midfielders in the world. I dont get it, this seriously baffles me lol, dude should be worth like £50 million.

Top Bottom