• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

We had a fair few talents over the last few seasons.

In the past 2/3 years the likes of Morrison, Pogba, Januzaj, Pereira, Wilson, Keane brothers all began to establish their careers. They were the better players in the Academy teams. They're all out of that cycle now.

See who looks good from this new crop. It's quite a young team even for u21/academy level - but yeah my first instinct is that it's not so good.

LvG has ordered an audit of the Academy. Nicky Butt is leading it. A couple of weeks ago the Academy coaches decided to let a few players go. Apparently when Butt found out he was pissed cos they were some of the more talented players being let go but for some reason or another the coaches didn't want them. Renewed their scholarships for now. Will be interesting to see what comes from it all.

Yea, we did put out some good ones in the past few years. We let Pogba go :(

Good to hear about the review and Butt being involved.

Thanks for the info. Don't really follow things outside Man U first team much, maybe I should start doing so.

Yea, we did put out some good ones in the past few years. We let Pogba go :(

Good to hear about the review and Butt being involved.

Thanks for the info. Don't really follow things outside Man U first team much, maybe I should start doing so.

Follow these people on Twitter, they go to the u21/academy games, speak to people who know what's going on etc:

@manutdreserves
@ManUnitedYouth
@DoronSalomon

That makes me sad :(

Expected to see more names

Gribbin (plays like januzaj), Rashford (attacker) Demetri Mitchell (winger), and I heard good things about Makela. Gribbin is 16 as is Rashford, but looks good at u18 despite being the youngest in the team. Makela plays with Gomes, but I think is a year older.

Gomes (14 year old) is the most highly rated. As Viva mentioned he went on the u17 Slovakian tour a week ago and has played at that level in other tours even when he was 13. You'll start seeing more of him in a year.

These guys are the most likely to break into the first team some time in the future based on talent, but you never know with young players. They're never a sure thing and you should never expect them to make it unless you have watched them a lot consistently impressing you and hear good things about their attitude.

brentech

Bayern vs Roma (probably 2nd time murder of Roma by Bayern)
City vs CSKA (Must win game for City)
Ajax vs Barca (Messi and all)

Ajax vs. Barca.

Thanks. Looks like I definitely have Ajax vs Barca and the Bayern games available. Can't find the City game in my listing yet, but maybe it's later. I have a whole bunch of channels all dedicated to UEFA games, can't imagine that one won't be on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The more I read about Yurt the more I realise he isn't who I hoped he'd be.

It hurts.
HEEY I'm one of the good guys trust me <3 and I'm exactly who you think I am xoxo

I'm more into modern architecture, technology, weird food and quirky cultures! So Japan would be ideal destination!

You can only do so much with nature
Yurt come to Toronto

I'll show you a good time bb
ALRIGHT!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought he was a romantic hot Italian guy, who would go on picnics with me and drink fine wine. We all should have suspected he wasn't that guy, his support of Juve for once, but it still hurts.

Picnics are cool, let's do that!

I'm a fantastic painter so I'll do one of you naked if you want &#9825;

One of those forgotten hobbies I need to practice more.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pls don't change who you are.

Be yourself.

It isn't meant to be

</3

SHUSH VIVA

tumblr_mdn5ybuDB01qbhxavo1_500.gif

Scum

farking pussy oles here for not arranging a footygaf meet up in landan

nz it is, ff makes me want to be a better man

lool

You post there more than I do. Your post history echoes mine, and most others in this thread I assume though

Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Gaming
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread
Football thread

:p

Meier

So Fernandinho has lost his place in the team it seems. Doesn't seem to start much anymore.

He's been battling a few injuries this season. One made him end up missing the last round of friendlies for Brazil. I'd prefer he play more but it's good to have a true DM like Fernando playing as well. Ferna has 4 starts, 5 sub appearances in the league thus far so he's still playing in some capacity pretty regularly.

confuziz

Banned
OptaJohan &#8207;@OptaJohan 1m1 minute ago

102 - The starting XI of Ajax have a combined amount of 102 #UCL games of experience, 41 less than Xavi has on his own (143). Difference.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A large group of Roma fans bumped into referee Gianluca Rocchi this morning at Fiumicino Airport in Rome.

Rocchi was in charge for the top of the table clash between Juventus and Roma last month, which the Bianconeri won 3-2.

His performance attracted such controversy that he was handed the next two rounds off.

This morning a few hundreds Roma supporters who were waiting to leave for Munich where their team face Bayern Munich tonight in the Champions League, bumped into the referee.

Rocchi, who was waiting on a flight out to Brussels, received a few songs aimed in his direction, as well as insults, before police intervened to avoid further trouble

This is brilliant :lool

Draw me like one of your French girls, Yurt.

I had to google that one :lol

Zabojnik

Not sure what I'm gonna watch. Bayern - Merde 2, probably. Maybe a bit of City if it'll start to look like they might pull a Juve.

Sporting vs Schalke is the game i will watch. Hope sporting lose again. Will be glorious.

Dude, Arsenal threw away a 3 goal difference against Anderlecht at home. We´d have to lose by10-0 with Höwedes scoring 4 goals with his dick to be nearly as ridiculous as Arsenal were yesterday.

WJD

You're living the dream. Forget about Liverpool for a second. Keep Kolo and only Kolo in your thoughts. Wags, wrestling, wi-fi and Wembley. Arnold, you're living the fucking dream.

Oi we gotta arrange Saturday as well.

will

WILL

ASSEMBLE

just got in

Find us a pub near Waterloo and we're sorted.

ave you fuckers paid yet or are you just gonna douse me in coppers as Willian rounds Mignolet for his hatrick?

EmiPrime

OK, UEFA are just fucking mocking us at this point. After that shocking referee in the Schalke x Sporting match who completely robbed us on the last minute, UEFA has chosen Paolo Tagliavento as the referee for tonight´s match.
Why is this important? Last season Gazprom´s sponsorship of both Schalke 04 and the Champions League came into question for the first time when this goal was allowed and helped Schalke reached the 2nd place in the group stage.

1993oafomzwd7gif.gif

schalke-offside-trap.gif

It´s as a clear offside as you ever going to get. What was the name of the referee in that match? Paolo Tagliavento!!!

This is just a big fucking joke.

That's incredible. South Korea 2002 levels of fishiness.

Lightning

Banned
Dude, Arsenal threw away a 3 goal difference against Anderlecht at home. We´d have to lose by10-0 with Höwedes scoring 4 goals with his dick to be nearly as ridiculous as Arsenal were yesterday.
We're through while you're be lucky to get Europa. So who cares? Let's go Schalke!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moyes AND Alan Shearer are my pundits AHAHAHAH...;_;

Just when I think I am finally over you, you pull me in again.
fthidyA.png
Costa's faces fucking get me ALL THE TIME
Not sure what I'm gonna watch. Bayern - Merde 2, probably. Maybe a bit of City if it'll start to look like they might pull a Juve.
Pulling a Juve is surely a bad thing?
Sporting vs Schalke is the game i will watch. Hope sporting lose again. Will be glorious.

Why are you always so full of hate, bb? It's not healthy.

Top Bottom