• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Arnie

Oi Arnie m8, where's my Driveclub
ibajutDAjuSj96.png
I'll give it your brother on Saturday.

KidJr

I don't see why we should assume we'll lose to Chelsea at home. They're the best PL team, not the best team in Europe, and we're not the worst team in the world. Home advantage could easily see us get a draw at least imo.

IMO Chelsea are as good as anyone right now, they just have the balance so right.

Defence could be better but yeah man they are just incredibly efficient and moments of magic can come from some so many areas on the pitch.

FootballFan

Do they serve Super Tennents in NZ?

Do they have a night club that plays the seminal classic "What is Love" by Haddaway in NZ?

Do they play Football in NZ?

Crucial.

Football is surprisingly popular here. Seems like everyone is in 7 a side team these days, multiple tournaments every few months, lots of leagues(social, mixed, competitive).

dc89

Ahhh thought the returns looked a bit shit. Makes sense.

Yeah, I'd expect better returns of all three were handicapped. Still, it should land. I hope lol.

My pal gave my a tip on a horse yesterday, God Hand or something. 8/1, it won too!! GET IN!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Who cares about sceneries :lol can you take it with you to your hotel room? Can you choke it? TELL ME! We're a bunch of guys, not a couple (unless my bb KidA is coming) or a family. Like, can you imagine sitting on the top of a hill, feeding goats with one hand and touching Wilbur's wilbur with the other?

Actually that sounds pretty good!

Maybe not for the partying type though?

Exactly

Yen

Big shout out to my flatmate for posting our address, and the time people should come to our house for a house party, on his completely open Facebook. Apparently he's shocked that people we don't want there are raising an interest.

Salvadora

You can party anywhere (basically), I'd much rather go on holidays that have some sort of cultural or historical value primarily.

Or somewhere that just looks really pretty.

Carbonox

Yurt come to England so we can party. I bet you sit on your arse and spin around on the dance floor. Sickest shit ever.

Big shout out to my flatmate for posting our address, and the time people should come to our house for a house party, on his completely open Facebook. Apparently he's shocked that people we don't want there are raising an interest.

Tape some knives to your hands like Wolverine and stock up on some food. Gonna be a long night.

Has not deleted the status/event?

kharma45

What a tit.

Yen

Tape some knives to your hands like Wolverine and stock up on some food. Gonna be a long night.

Has not deleted the status/event?
About 6 hours later he has. I have a lock but no key for my room, so I'll have to lock myself in at some stage.

kharma45

About 6 hours later he has. I have a lock but no key for my room, so I'll have to lock myself in at some stage.

One of my friends bought a set of tools and removed the handle etc. from the outside of his door to stop people getting in.

Meier

I just panicked thinking maybe there was another game in Russia that would fuck up my fantasy team's subs.

There wasn't.

Still waiting to see Timothy Fosu Mensah play for United's youth team. He looks exciting and he also captains the u17 Dutch squad. He's still waiting for international clearance and it can take a while. Januzaj signed in March and first played in October (could be due to an injury as well), while Janko signed in August and played in September.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXQJRKkPlS8

Still waiting to see Timothy Fosu Mensah play for United's youth team. He looks exciting and he also captains the u17 Dutch squad. He's still waiting for international clearance and it can take a while. Januzaj signed in March and first played in October (could be due to an injury as well), while Janko signed in August and played in September.

Apparently he and Gomes are in line to play in the FAYC this year.

Queiroz on Bebe.

Bebe was not even part of our scouting files for the national team of Portugal. He didn't exist in a system where nothing escaped us. So Bebe going to Man United took me by surprise. I called my coaches and asked them what was going on, why he didn't exist. I knew nothing about him.

I'm sure Fergie said that Queiroz is the one who told him about how amazing Bebe was :lol

Gomes? He's like 14 :lol

Fucking hell, we have a goat on our hands.

He went on the u18 tour to Eastern Europe a couple of weeks ago. Don't think he's playing yet - they are giving him lots of milk right now.

Anyway back to our scheduled programming. Brendon needs a result against Chelsea. The knifes are firmly out.

I expect a heavy loss.

We seem quite content away from home in the bigger matches to go a goal up and sit back until the opposition scores a late equaliser. We should have beaten City, we should have beaten United but we didn't, I think the Liverpool game may well be the same.

Unless Costa is in top form but... I don't know what his participation will be like for tonight to determine that

Yeah he usually does, unless someone else wants to take it like Drogba did a while back.

Well... Jose was pissed off that his instructions for Hazard to take penalties were ignored so I don't think that will be happening again.

Apparently he and Gomes are in line to play in the FAYC this year.

Who are out current top academy prospects (who are not in the regular first team)?

OK, UEFA are just fucking mocking us at this point. After that shocking referee in the Schalke x Sporting match who completely robbed us on the last minute, UEFA has chosen Paolo Tagliavento as the referee for tonight´s match.
Why is this important? Last season Gazprom´s sponsorship of both Schalke 04 and the Champions League came into question for the first time when this goal was allowed and helped Schalke reached the 2nd place in the group stage.

1993oafomzwd7gif.gif

schalke-offside-trap.gif

It´s as a clear offside as you ever going to get. What was the name of the referee in that match? Paolo Tagliavento!!!

This is just a big fucking joke.

King_Moc

Banned
OK, UEFA are just fucking mocking us at this point. After that shocking referee in the Schalke x Sporting match who completely robbed us on the last minute, UEFA has chosen Paolo Tagliavento as the referee for tonight´s match.
Why is this important? Last season Gazprom´s sponsorship of both Schalke 04 and the Champions League came into question for the first time when this goal was allowed and helped Schalke reached the 2nd place in the group stage.

It´s as a clear offside as you ever going to get. What was the name of the referee in that match? Paolo Tagliavento!!!

This is just a big fucking joke.

That may well be the worst offside decision I've ever seen. I'd be calling bribery on that too.

God, look where the linesman and ref are! Absolutely perfect positions.

That makes me sad :(

Expected to see more names

We had a fair few talents over the last few seasons.

In the past 2/3 years the likes of Morrison, Pogba, Januzaj, Pereira, Wilson, Keane brothers all began to establish their careers. They were the better players in the Academy teams. They're all out of that cycle now.

See who looks good from this new crop. It's quite a young team even for u21/academy level - but yeah my first instinct is that it's not so good.

LvG has ordered an audit of the Academy. Nicky Butt is leading it. A couple of weeks ago the Academy coaches decided to let a few players go. Apparently when Butt found out he was pissed cos they were some of the more talented players being let go but for some reason or another the coaches didn't want them. Renewed their scholarships for now. Will be interesting to see what comes from it all.

brentech

Since getting Directv I've had access to a lot of games, but still a casual observer who just watches when I happen to know a game is on...

That said, what's the big game to watch today?
Watched Liverpool yesterday because that's the team randomed in FIFA when I started playing it again back in 09 and I've stuck with them since. Otherwise I have no allegiances.

Since getting Directv I've had access to a lot of games, but still a casual observer who just watches when I happen to know a game is on...

Watched Liverpool yesterday because that's the team randomed in FIFA when I started playing it again back in 09 and I've stuck with them since. Otherwise I have no allegiances.

Bayern vs Roma (probably 2nd time murder of Roma by Bayern)
City vs CSKA (Must win game for City)
Ajax vs Barca (Messi and all)

Esch

Banned

Ajax vs. Barca.

Courage

Roma isn't getting murdered again. I hope Garcia has enough sense to discard Mbiwa and put in DDR as a CB. It's clear that him and Manolas aren't cooperating.

Top Bottom