• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So, yeah, looks like the gradual switch to 4-3-* is finally starting to happen for us. I should be happy, and I am, but at the same time ... I was kinda hoping we would go with 4-3-3, not the quintessentially Allegrian 4-3-1-2. Our main problem over the past three years has been our offensive ineffectiveness on the wings and I'm not sure that this formation is going to help with that. Not when our LB and RB are Evra (or Asamoah, RIP in pieces) and Lichtsteiner. I'm also not sure that the classic 3/4ista still has a role in modern football. Looks like an AMF will be our main mercato target next summer, with names like Pastore popping up already. I'd much rather see us focus on 4-3-3. Have Llorente maintain his offensive pivot role and surround him with pacey players like Morata and Berardi, who'll also be much more inclined to backtrack, given their age & status.

Speaking of Morata and Mimmo, like, where does playing with 4-3-1-2 leave them? Okay, Morata is a pure striker, you can put him pretty much anywhere. But Berardi?

Please understand, Happy.
A Christmas tree with Tevez and Mimmo and Morata/Llion upfront could work in theory! Fuck wingers, I'd rather have stingers like Berardi

Fuck man at least we're off that back three shithousery

Hixx

Our decision making is truly our downfall when it comes to attacking.

One person in box, we cross. Three, we shoot from 30 yards.

Zabojnik

A Christmas tree with Tevez and Mimmo and Morata/Llion upfront could work in theory! Fuck wingers, I'd rather have stingers like Berardi

Fuck man at least we're off that back three shithousery

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Allegri is going with the diamond.

Hixx

Some nice football, some horrendous football (from both teams), neither keeper been forced to make anything other than a routine save.

edit: are you trying to wind me up over an internet username from 10 years ago?
iQL2bfbIseR4S.png

Top Bottom