• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Scum

BBC said:
TRANSFER GOSSIP
Former Everton and Manchester United manager David Moyes is to be named as the new boss at La Liga side Real Sociedad. (Mail on Sunday)
Borussia Dortmund fear centre-back Mats Hummels will leave in January and the 25-year-old is thought to prefer a move to Arsenal rather than Manchester United.
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is set to sign striker Jay Rodriguez, 25, from his former club Southampton in January for £20m. (Daily Star on Sunday)
Arsenal are trying to buy Goncalo Guedes, 17, regarded as the "new Cristiano Ronaldo", but the Benfica star will cost them £40m. (Mail on Sunday)
Liverpool target £10m-rated Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, 29, in the January transfer window after enquiring about the Bosnia-Hercegovina player last season.
Reds striker Fabio Borini is wanted by Inter Milan in a £14m deal but the 23-year-old is unwilling to move to the San Siro. (Sun on Sunday - subscription required)
Arsenal and Tottenham have joined Manchester United in wanting to sign 31-year-old Barcelona right-back Dani Alves, whose contract expires with the Nou Camp club next summer. (Sunday Times - subscription required)
Real Madrid are willing to sell winger Gareth Bale, 25, to Manchester United in January and plan to move for Chelsea's Eden Hazard, 23, as a replacement. (Metro)
Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are all interested in buying Benfica forward Talisca, 20, who is valued at £35m. (Daily Star on Sunday)
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique, 27, will turn down a return to Manchester United to seal a switch to Chelsea in the January transfer window. (Metro)

OTHER GOSSIP
Football suffers from "institutional discrimination" according to a report commissioned by the Sports People's Think Tank (SPTT), which is a new organisation founded by a group of former Premier League footballers. (Observer)
England boss Roy Hodgson has backed Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 29, to break Peter Shilton's England caps record. (Sunday Mirror)
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has branded former Gunners star Paul Merson 'a joke' for the pundit's outspoken attack on club's defence after their 3-3 Champions League draw against Anderlecht on Tuesday. (Sunday Telegraph)
Wenger believes that winger Theo Walcott is at risk of picking up another serious injury if he is rushed back to action too soon. The 25-year-old has played just 10 minutes since suffering a cruciate knee injury in January. (Inside Futbol)
Liverpool want to give striker Raheem Sterling, 19, a new £100,000-a-week contract that includes a £60m buy-out clause to ward off interest from Real Madrid. (Sunday Mirror)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez, 25, posts on twitter a photo of himself with team-mates and vows that the Gunners will be taking home the three points from Swansea on Sunday.
QPR striker Charlie Austin, 25, says on twitter that he would have swapped his goal in the 2-2 draw with Manchester City on Saturday for a win that would have lifted the Loftus Road club out of the relegation zone.

AND FINALLY
QPR midfielder Joey Barton reveals that he wound up the Paris St-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic last season while on loan at Marseille by telling the Swede that he had a "big nose" after the former AC Milan player called him an "English so and so". (Mail on Sunday)
Former Italy manager Arrigo Sacchi has criticised Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli, 24, by claiming: "Balotelli is not a player, because a player moves as part of a team. He's just a footballer." (Sunday Express)

Kikarian

Halo 5 has aim down sights.

Awaits Hixx/WJD/cartoon soldier/Arnie etc. meltdown.
This is going to be great.

135.gif

What about Higuain?

Seems to be finding a bit of form with Napoli after a terrible start to the season. I'd be delighted to sign him, but at the moment he'd have much better clubs to join. Finishing 2nd last season doesn't mean shit for making transfers now, when we're languishing in midtable

dc89

It's stunning how badly they don't get what people want from Halo. Absolute stunning.

They see the whole community go HAM for MCC. They see all the old pros getting back into that game. It's all spelt out for them... and then they do this.

Scum

Seems to be finding a bit of form with Napoli after a terrible start to the season. I'd be delighted to sign him, but at the moment he'd have much better clubs to join. Finishing 2nd last season doesn't mean shit for making transfers now, when we're languishing in midtable

I'm starting to wonder if it will be a good idea to go shopping for players in the Jan. transfer window. Knowing how shit we've been playing, any new additions might make things worse.

It's stunning how badly they don't get what people want from Halo. Absolute stunning.

Have to please the CoD masses, innit.

L1NETT

Halo 5 has aim down sights.

Awaits Hixx/WJD/cartoon soldier/Arnie etc. meltdown.

just saw the footage

im done

what the chuffing bluffing fucking muffing gruffin luffing mcduffing is that

help me horse

this super sexy mackem gets it

who works there

is it 11 year old children

fuck me

I think it looks great m8

typical adsface

L1NETT

It's the breath of fresh air the franchise needed.

it's a breath of putrid farts which will kill a great franchise already on life support

Halo is the simplest formula and such mint fun

HOW HARD IS IT 343 TO MAKE A FUCKING HALO GAME

holy cum

they are worse than Bradford City

I don't get why that is controversial. It's a valuable feature for console games because it allows for more precise aiming than is normally allowed with a controller.

Its what made Halo different, that said we get to play it in just over a month and they will be showing proper gameplay of the Halo 5 beta tomorrow.

Im not a big player of Halo multiplayer, I like the campaigns mostly and I can see why people are annoyed, but it does seem slightly premature to be getting so mad when they're going to be talking about as soon as tomorrow and play it next month, as I said. Its not a Destiny like beta/demo, where it was far too late to change anything, its an actual beta for the purpose of feedback and time to change it (potentially up to 11 months if it launches next December)... admittedly it doesnt look good though

L1NETT

all the shooters i loved growing up are dead

Timesplitters is being kept in the crytek basement

Halo is being shat on by morons who understand halo as much as spurs understand defending

Battlefront is being made by ea

FPS are done

embrace me Geralt of Rivia. You are my only hope

Randdalf

It fundamentally changes what people love about the way Halo plays

I can sort of see that, although I've played very little Halo myself. There's nothing saying that the weapon being used in the clip has a unique zoom feature, like some weapons do in Counter-Strike.

Top Bottom