• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Esch

Banned
Did the fan abuse Keano on the underground and then clobber him with shoes?
ipCz97qnroQS3.gif

Clegg

It actually happened!

Daniel McDonnell ‏@McDonnellDan 3m3 minutes ago

FAI statement just released - wish to clarify that Roy Keane called the Gardai(Irish for police) following the incident at team hotel this evening

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 2m2 minutes ago

FAI: "The manager and the FAI are fully aware of the circumstances surrounding this event, and the Assistant Manager has their full support

Yurt will love this.

-2 deegres, but real feel is -9. I am wearing a short green polo shirt and eevryone is in full on jacket, scarf, hat, gloves and jumper.

I got so many strange looks and Koreans saying cold as I walked past on my way to work.

Being European is great.

Tc91

Quiche and co, I'm off for the night gonna play WoW for a bit.

Was fun, will get my headset that came with the console it's in the box upstairs for next time we play!

Forget, though, the standard narrative that Moyes was a carefully considered continuity choice, handpicked by Ferguson, anointed by the Glazers. Ignore the vindictive fabrications from Madrid that tell of Mourinho "sobbing loudly" upon hearing of Moyes' elevation.

The truth makes far more sense. The truth is that the Portuguese was United's preferred choice to take over that summer, was offered the position, then stepped away from it when Chelsea came calling.

A close friend of Ferguson's, Mourinho had actually spent much of the 2012/13 season discussing and preparing for the appointment. During the course of that final campaign, he and United held detailed discussions as to how he could combine moving his young family back to London and coaching in Manchester. Plans were even put in place for them to have use of a helicopter for trips between the two cities, enabling Mourinho's daughter and son to study in the capital.

Then an intervention from owner Roman Abramovich—who'd originally sought to bring Pep Guardiola to Stamford Bridge—changed everything.

Mourinho's affection for Chelsea, the feeling that he had unfinished business there, plus the opportunity to be with his family in London trumped the more accomplished squad, grander budget and greater security on offer at United. His change of direction forced England's champions-elect into a rapid switch of strategy.

Three days after Moyes' dismissal, the ghost writer of Ferguson's recently published biography produced a newspaper article pointedly distancing the storied Scot from his failed successor.

“The downfall of David Moyes this week after 10 months as Manchester United manager was cast as a blow to the authority and judgment of Sir Alex Ferguson, who had recommended his fellow Glaswegian for the post at the end of his own spectacular 26-year reign,” wrote Paul Hayward in The Telegraph.

“In time, history may expose this as a myth,” he continued.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-UK

HVDcRns.png

We're currently discussing how we would commit suicide, if we were so inclined.

Please work Halo, I fear for Hixx is he doesnt get his Halo 4 fix

DBT85

On Rumbo, we had two guys on Football Today who are writers for papers (I forget which) and one said he's heard fropm several sources that there is nothing wrong with Falcaos knee at all, so there is nothing to worry about there.

Just want him back and playing regularly.

ATF487

Man I hate having to actually do work at my new job, can't read through this thread all day.

So happy Sturridge is back in training :)

Top Bottom