• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
guys...is this even legal :lol (not that we care)

Juventus striker Alvaro Morata has revealed how the Bianconeri convinced him to move to Turin - by turning up on his doorstep.

The Spaniard joined the Serie A champions from Real Madrid for a fee of €20m in the summer, and has admitted that Juve’s commitment to securing his signature was a major part of his decision.

“During the summer I was training alone, just waiting for my move to Turin,” Morata told Cadena Ser this week.

“I had offers from England, but in difficult times you have to put your faith in those you can trust.

“Juventus directors had literally been to my house telling me they wanted to sign me, so [moving to Juventus] was a decision made out of loyalty.
Out of loyalty.....OR FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE?
“I feel a kind of responsibility to do well. Not because of how much I cost, but because I came here having hardly played for Real [Madrid].

“A lot of people advised me against this move. They told me to go to a mid-table team. I don’t think I made the wrong choice

and fair play to Elbuyback, it really did seem like a stupid decision to join us.

That same Turin-based daily also seems to think our manager is still Ferguson.

cut them some slack will ya, it's hard to keep up with overseas news.

Fucking mental.

That tackle at 3:35.... Christ

the spit is my favourite part. WHAT. A. BEAST

Viva_ITK has just heard some really bad news about Spanish Dave :(

Expect Valdes to be signed up soon :(

With the belief he will be United no1 next season :( :( :(

Wilbur

Banned
People getting me excited about PES. Don't do this to me.

Just got a free copy of COD on PS4.

I'll give it a go but expecting it to be shit.

It's decent. Story was bonkers but fun, multiplayer is enjoyable enough. Mind you I'm casual as FUCK, I just run about firing, no strategy or anything

Viva_ITK has just heard some really bad news about Spanish Dave :(

Expect Valdes to be signed up soon :(

With the belief he will be United no1 next season :( :( :(

no

please no.

I think we all knew it was heading this way but......... no

Clegg

If De Gea goes I doubt it was down to anyone fucking up. Think the plan was always for him to go back to Spain. Tho that may have been postponed if we hadn't ducked up Ferguson's succession so badly.

Thought he'd signed a new one last summer. If he really does only have a year left, someone fucked up.

Probably Wooodward.

He got until Summer 2016, meant one year left next summer when Real will probably try to sign him. They said he was about to sign a new contract, but something must have changed his mind. :florentinoperez

If De Gea goes I doubt it was down to anyone fucking up. Think the plan was always for him to go back to Spain. Tho that may have been postponed if we hadn't ducked up Ferguson's succession so badly.

Letting any quality player get down to the last 2 years of their contract is a mistake imo. If they're good enough, teams will want to buy them no matter how long is on their contract, losing him at a cut price is an error unless he just point-blank refused to discuss a new one.

Sri Lanka's fielding :lol

#headsgone

Not sure about that. There's an inevitability about it whenever relevant parties decide it's time.

I'm still hopeful. He's been saying he's more settled than ever and his parents live over here full time now. We will have to pay out for him to renew but I think the club will be willing to do it.

Letting any quality player get down to the last 2 years of their contract is a mistake imo. If they're good enough, teams will want to buy them no matter how long is on their contract, losing him at a cut price is an error unless he just point-blank refused to discuss a new one.

Sri Lanka's fielding :lol

#headsgone

Jorge Mendes is the hook. We've just signed two of his biggest clients. We owe him a favour now. He can call that in whenever he likes.

Clegg

Like I said, I think he was always going to go back to Spain. It's not like we haven't been trying to sign him to a new contract tho; iirc talks began ages ago but nothing was agreed. With his ascension to the Spanish first team and Casillas turning to shit its probably the best time for him to go. That's if it happens ofc. Still hopeful that he stays for a few years more. Seems to be happy at the club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

we're due a transfer fuck up this season.

Buffon, Chiellini, MARCO MOTTA, Lichtsteiner and Giovinco are on expiring contracts

Buffon and Chiellini seems like a formality, but there's still a question mark over the last two. Last I heard (or read really, I don't wanna pull a Turok-ITK :lol) is that we're still refusing to pay him that extra 1 million he's looking for

Buffon, Chiellini, MARCO MOTTA, Lichtsteiner and Giovinco are on expiring contracts

Buffon and Chiellini seems like a formality, but there's still a question mark over the last two. Last I heard (or read really, I don't wanna pull a Turok-ITK :lol) is that we'er still refusing to pay him that extra 1 million he's looking for

I remember when Motta was gonna be the future RB of Italy, i think he use to be under 21 captain.

Buffon and Chiellini seems like a formality, but there's still a question mark over the last two. Last I heard (or read really, I don't wanna pull a Turok-ITK :lol) is that we'er still refusing to pay him that extra 1 million he's looking for

Isn't it best for both parties if Giovinco leaves?

De Gea can't leave, ever, he's my bae.

At least he won't be going to fucking Chelsea

Fernando-Torres-006.jpg

Why, Fernando?

:(

Clegg

Guessing it's some Jamie Oliver tripe set to a background of the fucking Polyphonic Spree
It's about how Christmas is for sharing so they used the fucking Christmas truce of 1914(got the poppy in for Remembrence day too because why the fuck not). Germans and English coming out of the trenches to play football and frolic etc. That one not piano chord to finish the ad. Let's gloss over the fact they went back to killing each other the next day because CHRISTMAS IS FOR SHARING.

The fucking thing is 4 minutes long too.

It's about how Christmas is for sharing so they used the fucking Christmas truce of 1914(got the poppy in for Remembrence day too because why the fuck not). Germans and English coming out of the trenches to play football and frolic etc. That one not piano chord to finish the ad. Let's gloss over the fact they went back to killing each other the next day because CHRISTMAS IS FOR SHARING.

To be quite honest, there's no need for you to be so angry.

The public will eat that up. Me, FW and Tc will be quids in ¬¬

Any of you lot played the new Dragon Age?

Blablurn

Master League?

How good is it? Can you buy any player you want or do you have to bust a nut over his agent to convince him? Is it closer to Fifa or FM?

a smiley face is showing you how good the offer is. i went up till it was green and happy. later i received a message that reus is okay with it.

havent played much yet.

liverpool just beat me in a pre season friendly match. balo scored 2 times :lol

Jack cw

a smiley face is showing you how good the offer is. i went up till it was green and happy. later i received a message that reus is okay with it.

havent played much yet.

liverpool just beat me in a pre season friendly match. balo scored 2 times :lol

Are playing this game on easy too?

Top Bottom