• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

If this season goes as it seems to be going for Liverpool, should Rodgers get the boot?

AVB did.

Honestly? Yes, as long as there's a proper alternative. This is the bed he's made. If we finish 6th or something, I'd be willing to give him another summer, sans transfer commitee, sink or swim. The way we've been playing, we'll be lucky to finish 6th though.

Signing Balotelli really is looking like an ego-trip. Doesn't seem to have a clue how to use him regardless of his poor individual performances. If our performances improve significantly, and its the finishing that lets us down instead of basic play, I'd be in favour of keeping him on.

Managers live and die by their results, and they're not good enough this season no matter what great work he did last season. Nothing to be optimistic about either aside from the return of Sturridge, and then we're relying on him to both play at a world class standard, and avoid further injuries.

Zabojnik

Empoli - Juve about to start. COME ON YOU BIANCONERI! We've got to take 3 points, whatever it takes, including brown envelopes.

Ricky, r u ir?

nitewulf

I think Alexis may be our best signing since Thierry.

easily. i think you said second coming of RVP, but even RVP at his peak was basically just a prolific scorer, Alexis is a whole lot more than that. Best part of all, he is passionate as fuck and can actually lift the team.

Barzul

easily. i think you said second coming of RVP, but even RVP at his peak was basically just a prolific scorer, Alexis is a whole lot more than that. Best part of all, he is passionate as fuck and can actually lift the team.

He never stops running. I love him. He's the anti-Ozil.

Wilbur

Banned
WOODENNNNNNNNN

jbtrU3dIMg4UA.png

Not exactly vintage but a win is a win.

Costa worked hard but didn't really get any chances... we need to stop putting our foot off the gas and then letting teams get back into it.

We've done it so many times this season: United, City, Bolton, Shrewsbury, Schalke, probably more, at least we won though.

Now rest-up Costa for next Saturday, don't even think about having him travel during the week and then its a big game against Liverpool.

jts

...hate me...
Benzema, 1 goal 2 assists
Rames, 2 goals
GOAT, 1 goal 2 assists

What a time to be alive.

I used to think that it was too bad for Ronaldo to live and play in the same era as Messi. Now I think the other way around.

Hyypia's doing a fucking dismal job at Brighton as well. Will probably be sacked after they lose to Bournemouth

a prospect we'll be facing in a few weeks

that one was for sohois

3Sixty

Hyypia's doing a fucking dismal job at Brighton as well. Will probably be sacked after they lose to Bournemouth

a prospect we'll be facing in a few weeks

that one was for sohois

B'Mouth are good mate. You'll genuinely struggle.

Do they have 4 sides to their stadium yet?

KidJr

I'm in such a better mood I think the performance was just as important as the performance. Sanchez really is starting to remind of Suarez, just loves to play football score goals and has a decent pass on him. If we an get a world class holding midfielder and another cb we will have the foundations to really push on. I can't see anyone catching Chelsea tbh but I believe Southampton, Man U and man city are competing for the remaining places.

But I really think personally personnel is only half the issue when everyone is fit I really don't know our best team, and tbh I don't think wenger does either. We need to find a balance between defence and attack and someone who can transition us better between the two (arteta has become careless with the ball against top teams imo). I guess one of the things I've noticed, although we have been winning we really miss ozil, for all his critisism our play still isn't quite as fluid when he's on the pitch. Also welbeck really needs to improve his runs, far to static in my opinion for someone of his pace but I'm willing to give him time to develop that side of his game. I know it's burnley but I feel today was a step in a right direction and we will have tougher tests in after CL midweek.

@lighning or other arsenal fans what do you think??

P.s massive respect going out to West Ham and Southampton for their points respectively.

Also like and idiot I swapped aguro for welbeck in my fantasy football and made him captain!

windfish

what happened???
Well nothing new actually, Bayern wants to destroy us, Rummenigge is an asshole, no invitation for dinner, can't deny that reus might leave, melodramatic piano music, watzke looking like he was about to cry, really really heartbreaking overall #fuckbayern #tissuesforaki

faridmon

I can't handle all those sinking feelings.
I am off guys and try to salvage my weekends whatever is left from it.

and Fuck Bayern!

Blablurn

Well nothing new actually, Bayern wants to destroy us, Rummenigge is an asshole, no invitation for dinner, can't deny that reus might leave, melodramatic piano music, watzke looking like he was about to cry, really really heartbreaking overall #fuckbayern #tissuesforaki
Lol

Sounds glorious

1) you wait until your contract expire to make a fuss about an increase in your wage, that is how it is done. IF he thought he had less than what he deserve before he even complete his first season then why sign that contract to begin with? if he joined Real Madrid thinking he is under pain (which he was not) he shouldn't sign for them to begin with).

NO he did NOT "ask" for a raise on every summer since year one, he DEMANDED one or he leaves, keep in mind this is done with the current contract being signed just few months ago. AND the ride run wild from that point forward

2) NO he did NOT deserve what he asked for year one
or year two
or year three
he deserved it only after last season
the only season where he deserved his demands was last season yet Real Madrid was patient with him and gave him raises every year because he showed improvement over the years.

before you start arguing about his performance PRIOR to last season (by that point he already got 3 raises and caused endless headaches and threats over the summers that he was with us) I want you to keep in mind that I'm basing my judgement over his performance on the full season (that include all his matches in La Liga + Cupa Del Ray + UCL) so you need to watch every single one of them (which I did) NOT a select FEW to make an accurate assessment of what he deserve for that SEASON (not select few matches).

This is why I asked you what his salary was for you guys. He demanded several wage increases and got his 3 raises. You've said that already and I understood that. I would like you to tell me what his wages were at the club. This isn't based on last season alone as if he was performing like that every year at Real Madrid. I don't think I have ever once said that as he was clearly a level above his previous years last season.

I'm saying that his wages must be so high already since you have complained about him demanding for more wages (and gotten it 3 times).

Wage demands are all relative to what the club can offer and what the player is on. If a player is making 40k at United, but is playing relatively well I wouldn't be upset at him demanding for a raise every year if by the time he's gotten 3 raises he's still earning relatively little. No one is forcing him to sign a new contract if the player isn't happy with their wages, but maybe the player really liked the club and caved in to a small increase.

So what was he on before he left Madrid ( a year/ a week whichever you prefer)?

Ogbonna looking ROUGH.

And ffs how many times have I posted in this thread saying we can't risk our CBs?

We might get stuck with Lichtsteiner as CB (not the end of the world, going forward we end up playing with 4 in the back anyway) but we could just play 4-3-3 or similar.

Top Bottom