• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

My brother won £5000 on Poker over this weekend! then he did this.

10492032_10153504431717715_2888865594528953406_n.jpg

he's a moron.

El Topo

I demand a more than good performance today. Seriously. Its all or nothing.

Is there a realistic chance for City to advance if they won tonight? I've grown to like them.

Edit:
If City win both matches they could get through provided Bayern win against CSKA. :/

Jack cw

Is there a realistic chance for City to advance if they won tonight? I've grown to like them.

Edit:
If City win both matches they could get through provided Bayern win against CSKA. :/

Wont happen though. Those Russians are not easy to play and Roma will perform at home. I have a good feeling for tonight, because the pressure is off and City has to win and wont park the bus if they really want to have a chance to reach the round of the last 16.

qindarka

Banned
Comprehensive list of world class players in the Premier League:

Man United - 13 - De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao

Man City - 9 - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero

Arsenal - 8 - Szczesny, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez

Chelsea - 7 - Courtois, Terry, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa

Liverpool - 6 - Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Tottenham - 4 - Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Lamela

Everton - 1 - Lukaku

Southampton - 1 - Schneiderlin

Sunderland - 1 - Altidore

Might as well extend my expertise to other major clubs as well:

Germany
Bayern Munchen - 14 - Neuer, Boateng, Benatia, Badstuber, Alaba, Lahm, Alonso, Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Gotze, Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski

Borrusia Dortmund - 8 - Weidenfeller, Hummels, Subotic, Piszczek, Gundogan, Blaszczykowski, Reus, Kagawa

Spain
Real Madrid - 14- Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Khedira, Isco, Rodriguez, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema

Barcelona - 11 - Bravo, Alves, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Neymar, Suarez, Messi

Atletico - 9 -Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Griezmann, Turan, Mandzukic

Italy
Juventus - 11 - Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah, Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Tevez

Roma - 7 - Maicon, Castan, Cole, De Rossi, Strootman, Pjanic, Gervinho

Napoli - 4 - Callejon, Higuain, Mertens, Hamsik

AC Milan - 4- Diego Lopez, De Jong, Rami, Menez

Inter Milan - 1 - Handanovic

France
PSG - 9 - Sirigu, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marquinhos, Matuidi, Veratti, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi

L1NETT

even phil jones on ket wouldn't call himself world class

if the german giraffe and the wee french fuck are world class then Gary Cahill is the greatest defender of his generation

gave me a good chuckle though, particularly the jozy bit.

qindarka

Banned
That list is done by who?
Lukaku isn't even in the top 5 players at Everton. Such a shitty list!

Not that familiar with Everton, tbh. Tell me who the other players are and I'll add them to the list.

if the german giraffe and the wee french fuck are world class then Gary Cahill is the greatest defender of his generation

gave me a good chuckle though, particularly the jozy bit.

They are the best CB partnership in the league. There was that widely circulated stat about them never losing a game when playing together. It's since fallen but the fact it lasted so long is telling.

Go_Ly_Dow

Comprehensive list of world class players in the Premier League:

Man United - 13 - De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao

Man City - 9 - Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Fernandinho, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero

Arsenal - 8 - Szczesny, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez

Chelsea - 7 - Courtois, Terry, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Costa

Liverpool - 6 - Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Tottenham - 4 - Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Lamela

Everton - 1 - Lukaku

Southampton - 1 - Schneiderlin

Sunderland - 1 - Altidore

Might as well extend my expertise to other major clubs as well:

Germany
Bayern Munchen - 14 - Neuer, Boateng, Benatia, Badstuber, Alaba, Lahm, Alonso, Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Thiago, Gotze, Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski

Borrusia Dortmund - 8 - Weidenfeller, Hummels, Subotic, Piszczek, Gundogan, Blaszczykowski, Reus, Kagawa

Spain
Real Madrid - 14- Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Khedira, Isco, Rodriguez, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema

Barcelona - 11 - Bravo, Alves, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Neymar, Suarez, Messi

Atletico - 9 -Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Gabi, Tiago, Koke, Griezmann, Turan, Mandzukic

Italy
Juventus - 11 - Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah, Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Tevez

Roma - 7 - Maicon, Castan, Cole, De Rossi, Strootman, Pjanic, Gervinho

Napoli - 4 - Callejon, Higuain, Mertens, Hamsik

AC Milan - 4- Diego Lopez, De Jong, Rami, Menez

Inter Milan - 1 - Handanovic

France
PSG - 9 - Sirigu, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marquinhos, Matuidi, Veratti, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi

now everyone go one step further and make your best starting XI with this

qindarka

Banned
qin ur on my ignore list forever

Oh come on, don't be so upset I left out Mannone and Catterpirlo. I'm always willing to accept this community's input and continue refining this list.

By the way, are there any specific issues people have with the list. I'll be glad to defend some of my selections and remove/add players accordingly if convinced otherwise.

Jarnet87

The goal difference of Group F - 10, -4,-4,-2. Football at it's finest. Bate Borisov with a -17 GD, this is the true competitive nature of UEFA Champions League.

Wilbur

Banned
That list is far beyond anyone's comprehension. I'll never make a list again.

Oh come on, don't be so upset I left out Mannone and Catterpirlo. I'm always willing to accept this community's input and continue refining this list.

By the way, are there any specific issues people have with the list. I'll be glad to defend some of my selections and remove/add players accordingly if convinced otherwise.

Evans and Jones and Mertesacker and Koscielny and Rojo above Cahill.

Balotelli.

Sczeszny.

Hart.

Blind.

Badstuber.

Piqué.

Maicon

Menez.

Lavezzi.

Top Bottom