• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Lightning

Banned
Only if Bayern win against CSKA, I think. With a draw there, Roma go through with any kind of draw against City. I think.
Why? If Roma and City are tied on 6 points, then it's head to head which was 1-1 in England, so anything better in Rome should send city through?

Zabojnik

Why? If Roma and City are tied on 6 points, then it's head to head which was 1-1 in England, so anything better in Rome should send city through?

I'm not exactly sure m8, that's what everybody's saying on twitter.

"If CSKA draw, Roma can draw with any result, even 7-7; if CSKA win, Roma are through only if they win; if CSKA lose, Roma need either to win or draw 0-0."

I think it's because if they all end with the same points, you have to look at ALL matches between them, not just Roma and CSKA.

Devil

Bayern have gone backwards sine that CL final win.

Seriously, this thread is too funny. Some pages ago people were drooling all over how great Bayern is while easily turning the match around with 10 man on the pitch. Now comments like this appear.

I don't have a lot to complain about our match today. Been short-handed for 70 minutes, away, with nothing to lose at all, even being in the lead for most of the match and in the end lost due to two individual faults by two great players who were performing well for the rest of the day and a great individual performance by City's best player.

Time for the last sixteen already. Finally need some excitement.

jts

...hate me...
Athletic managed to win, which is nice but a bit late. Europa League is better than nothing though.

However that put us to the 1st place confirmed, which is nice.

Just hope not to get City in the last 16.

The team that kicked out BARCELONA last season LOL CITY amirite.

Zabojnik

B3UVvUqCMAAi4LN.jpg

Absolutely sensational.

Lightning

Banned
I'm not exactly sure m8, that's what everybody's saying on twitter.

"If CSKA draw, Roma can draw with any result, even 7-7; if CSKA win, Roma are through only if they win; if CSKA lose, Roma need either to win or draw 0-0."

I think it's because if they all end with the same points, you have to look at ALL matches between them, not just Roma and CSKA.
Fuck. So basically come on Bayern against CSKA!

Vitafit

Banned
Athletic managed to win, which is nice but a bit late. Europa League is better than nothing though.

However that put us to the 1st place confirmed, which is nice.

Just hope not to get City in the last 16.

The team that kicked out BARCELONA last season LOL CITY amirite.

Huh?Last season?Barcelona never got kicked out by City.
Barcelona got kicked out by Atletico Madrid in the Semi Finals after Messi refused to work in the return game.
Barcelona kicked out City a few stages earlier without any problems last season.

Anyway
Messi with a few Records today again
Breaking Champions League Record from Raul
Scored the Most Hattricks in the Champions League(5) while no other player scored more than 3
All the goals of Messi today were scored with his right foot which was a first for him.

Messi breaks records only with hattricks as it looks like.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Barcelona got kicked out by Atletico Madrid in the Semi Finals after Messi refused to work in the return game.
Barcelona kicked out City a few stages earlier without any problems last season.
I think the joke is Athletic = Atletico and City fans can't tell

jts

...hate me...

Anyway
Messi with a few Records today again
Breaking Champions League Record from Raul
Scored the Most Hattricks in the Champions League(5) while no other player scored more than 3
All the goals of Messi today were scored with his right foot which was a first for him.

Messi breaks records only with hattricks as it looks like.
Sorry m8, I'm fucking dumb and read wikipedia wrong, although I did follow last season, but my memory is on the fritz.

Embarrassing.

Pennywise

Can't blame him. Benashit fucked us over, next time we should sign an Eredivise defender it would be the same but cheaper

Still suprised how much money you spend for him, I mean he is not Dante bad.
30m is still alot of fucking money for a solid defender.

jts

...hate me...
Checks out!

=3
I deserve any banter I get.

Gonna be an exciting last match day for you guys! It's harsh that you're going to play like one of the hardest fixtures in club football these days, but Chelsea don't need the win. Also you probably want to root for Maribor like hell.

Despite any banter, it would be interesting if Sporting goes through.

So, the match is finally over. 3-1 for us and things will be quite interesting on the final day.

Chelsea have secured the top place of the group with 11 points, Sporting is second with 7 points and only needs a draw to go through, Schalke will have to try and get a win in their trip to Slovenia and hope we lose in Stamford Bridge but Maribor will have a word to say, they only lost as they can still reach the Europa League if they beat Schalke.

Top Bottom