• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Does the Balloon actually have some terms of reference or some shit.

All this stuff about being the best player in the final or having to win something is just stupid. When did that come into the equation?

It's so obvious Ronaldo was the best player this year - it would be funny as fuck if Germany managed to lobby one of their guys into winning it but really now, they don't have any players at that level.

Tubie

Does the Balloon actually have some terms of reference or some shit.

All this stuff about being the best player in the final or having to win something is just stupid. When did that come into the equation?

It's so obvious Ronaldo was the best player this year - it would be funny as fuck if Germany managed to lobby one of their guys into winning it but really now, they don't have any players at that level.

If any Germany player wins it this year, then Iniesta was robbed in 2010.

Neymar wins best haircut hands down.

I think the best player in the world shouldn't suck at the World Cup.
I don't think that a player that doesn't suck at the World Cup is inevitably the best player in the world.

So what you're saying is that Van Persie is the best player in the world. I agree.

miserable

funny how a trophy is deemed meaningless if it's not won by the favorite player/team

reminds me a couple of years ago when Barca fans were like "lol Copa del Rey, useless trophy, Madrid can have it we gots La Liga biatch", then next year they were like "fuck yeah, we won Copa del Reay a record number of times, we da bess wooo-hooo"

Prosinecki-el-hombre-de-cristal.jpg

Ballon Dork.

Dead leg for Wilson, should be back in the squad for Tuesday.

Shame for him cos RvP got his goal and now Falcao is back too. Might not get be a chance for him to start for a while now.

Zabojnik

The Babadook was ... fine, I guess? The actress was brilliant, it's well shot*, but that's about it, really. Hardly original and I felt it didn't really lead to anything in the end. It's certainly better than your average of the averagest horror flick though. The mother was really great.

*the ping-pong cuts from mother to son really started to annoy me after a while, it's obvious that they were almost never in the same scene, because child actor and all that

The Babadook was ... fine, I guess? The actress was brilliant, it's well shot*, but that's about it, really. Hardly original and I felt it didn't really lead to anything in the end. It's certainly better than your average of the averagest horror flick though. The mother was really great.

*the ping-pong cuts from mother to son really started to annoy me after a while, it's obvious that they were almost never in the same scene, because child actor and all that

I wanted to shoot the kid in the head. I kept wishing he died.

Clegg

I remember the mini fit over Ribery not winning the last Balon d'Or.

Ronaldo will be the deserving winner in January just like he deserved it last Jan too.

Scum

The Ballon D'or that should have been

6sW6WeK.jpg

I tip my hat off to Gravesen.

Wikipedia said:
On 27 January 2009, Thomas Gravesen announced his retirement from professional football after he failed to find a new club after being released by Celtic. On 12 September 2009, he stated in an interview with FourFourTwo that he had been approached by a number of clubs about a possible return to football, but nothing came of these approaches.
It was reported in December 2013 that after his retirement, Gravesen had been successful with his investments and now enjoyed his retirement life in Las Vegas.

I remember hearing about this a while back. Apparently he ended up nearly €80m. :O

Shhhhh we don't talk about that.

Oh. Okay.

Scum.

Anton said to tell you he misses you and wants to say hi.

I don't know his gaf name, just his whatsapp one.

Yo.

El Topo

I remember the mini fit over Ribery not winning the last Balon d'Or.

Ronaldo will be the deserving winner in January just like he deserved it last Jan too.

Ronaldo won the Champions League, he had a great year, of course he'll win. Great choice, even though I personally wouldn't pick him.

Off topic question, but does anyone know when Fury vs. Chisora starts?

pulga

Banned
Thanks for the PS+ code Fergie! Now I just need a fucking functioning italian credit card to verify it lolololololol

SOOOONYYYYYYY
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom