• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Wilbur

Banned
From the BBC live text

Arsenal 1-0 Southampton
Posted at
Simon in York: Not sure which soft league Alderweireld has come from (Spain maybe?) but in the premier league you can't go off with a minor injury and let your teammates suffer without you. You have two hamstrings for a reason, son. Get back out there. He's cost his team a valuable point imo.

"you have two hamstrings for a reason"

that is absolutely sensational

Wilbur

Banned
Alexis and Aguero. Saviours.

Remember how we got called a one man team so very much as well :lol :lol and that was a season in which DDG, Carrick and Rafael all played great too.

Those two have genuinely been the only above average players all season for their clubs. Sublime.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well at least that fixture is out of the way. Same as last season, they let us have the ball and we beat ourselves.

Some good results for us.

Would have been better if Arsenal drew but we're still clear of them.

Some key injuries to Saints ahead of next week too.

Arsenal's first win against a top half team this season, that.

jesalr

That was a strange 3-0. We were shit in 3 1-minute bursts, but Chelsea didn't need anymore than that. From the moment the first went in, they had us in the palms of their hands. Frustrating, especially since we started incredibly well, and were never bad outside of the goals.

Ruthless

A lot of Sanchez's goals are so simple, it makes me furious that our players behind the striker/s don't do the same. Arrive between penalty spot and goal when you're putting pressure on, and things fall to you.

Fergie

Banned
Remember how we got called a one man team so very much as well :lol :lol and that was a season in which DDG, Carrick and Rafael all played great too.

Those two have genuinely been the only above average players all season for their clubs. Sublime.
Tremendous.

Really hope Rooney is fit for Monday. Supposed to be a scan soon.

Wilbur

Banned
Some good results for us.

Would have been better if Arsenal drew but we're still clear of them.

Some key injuries to Saints ahead of next week too.

Arsenal's first win against a top half team this season, that.

Two and a half good results; Arsenal and City got max points, Saints, Everton and Spurs dropped them.

Not that I have any huge delusions about catching City up but they're within reach at least.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That was a strange 3-0. We were shit in 3 1-minute bursts, but Chelsea didn't need anymore than that. From the moment the first went in, they had us in the palms of their hands. Frustrating, especially since we started incredibly well, and were never bad outside of the goals.

Ruthless

There were some positives, Bentaleb, Kane, Davies and Fazio played well, we might still be soft but we didn't quite panic to the degree we did last season.

If Lloris hadn't made those unusual errors we could have got a point. Once Chelsea scored they held us at arms length but for 15 minutes we were all over them.

A lot of Sanchez's goals are so simple, it makes me furious that our players behind the striker/s don't do the same. Arrive between penalty spot and goal when you're putting pressure on, and things fall to you.

Costa is the same. I haven't seen all of Sanchez's goals, but from the ones I have they mainly both just knock it in from around the 6 yard box lolol.

I don't think Arsenal (and to a lesser extent Manchester City) are one man teams at all. If you've seen the match, Alexis played pretty average except for the goal. Ramsey, Giroud, Welbeck and Cazorla played much better imo.

Two and a half good results; Arsenal and City got max points, Saints, Everton and Spurs dropped them.

Not that I have any huge delusions about catching City up but they're within reach at least.

Yeah but it doesn't matter too much what City do. They're somewhere between being a safe bet for the top 4 and challenging for the title. They and Chelsea are almost irrelevant to our goals this season.

Anyhow, got to do our bit. Monday night will be a tough tough game, hope we get a couple of Di Maria, Rooney and Rafael back.

wedward

After 14 games I think it's looking pretty clear that the top 4 will be Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal.

Both Arsenal and United have been dealing with a huge amount of injuries and both look like they will be top 4 come January. Think both teams will continue to improve.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Arsenal (and to a lesser extent Manchester City) are one man teams at all. If you've seen the match, Alexis played pretty average except for the goal. Ramsey, Giroud, Welbeck and Cazorla played much better imo.

Have Ramsey, Giroud, Welbeck and Cazorla had anything other than average seasons so far? That's what I said.

If we don't beat Sunderland at home, people will die.

Even if the performances aren't there yet, a 3-game winning run would hopefully give us a huge lift, regardless of opposition. Follow that up with beating Basel, and things would be looking up.

Drop points to Sunderland though, and confidence is back to rock bottom

Have Ramsey, Giroud, Welbeck and Cazorla had anything other than average seasons so far? That's what I said.

Not really but to call Arsenal a one man team is disingenuous imo. We create a lot of chances, we pass well, and we (mostly) defend well. Just because Alexis somehow ends up in the score sheet every match doesn't mean we're a one man team.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah but it doesn't matter too much what City do. They're somewhere between being a safe bet for the top 4 and challenging for the title. They and Chelsea are almost irrelevant to our goals this season.

Anyhow, got to do our bit. Monday night will be a tough tough game, hope we get a couple of Di Maria, Rooney and Rafael back.

At least it looks like a few Saints players will be out too.

Scum

There were some positives, Bentaleb, Kane, Davies and Fazio played well, we might still be soft but we didn't quite panic to the degree we did last season.

If Lloris hadn't made those unusual errors we could have got a point. Once Chelsea scored they held us at arms length but for 15 minutes we were all over them.

We should be banned from buying players over 25 years old. 😞

Top Bottom