• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Wilbur

Banned
Ushoptimism and Meierperbole are two of the best things about this thread

Not really but to call Arsenal a one man team is disingenuous imo. We create a lot of chances, we pass well, and we (mostly) defend well. Just because Alexis somehow ends up in the score sheet every match doesn't mean we're a one man team.

He's the only one of your players that's had a significantly good season so far. I think Wilshere and Ox have had their moments but I'd struggle to mention anyone else.

Arnie

Arsenal did well. Clean sheet. Big game player. They'll be fine.

Buzzing at the Blues. Have that Martinez you mushroom.

Marc

If we don't beat Sunderland at home, people will die.

Even if the performances aren't there yet, a 3-game winning run would hopefully give us a huge lift, regardless of opposition. Follow that up with beating Basel, and things would be looking up.

Drop points to Sunderland though, and confidence is back to rock bottom

m8, don't do this to yourself.

Wait until Sturridge is back before getting your hopes up.

Scum

Lille draw thanks to Sirigu own goal. £50m for Lloris, pls.

Leave Usho alone, you filthy cunts. 😒

He's the only one of your players that's had a significantly good season so far. I think Wilshere and Ox have had their moments but I'd struggle to mention anyone else.
Ghostzil has had a phenomenal vanishing season.

Sanchez
Ox
Wilshere
Ghostzil
Walcott (in the near future)
Welbeck

Good game for us past the horror opening, once we scored the second I was never worried. Matic picking up the Yellow means he misses Newcastle so will have to bring in Ramires or Mikel in for him. Also won £12.75 on a double of Sanchez, Hazard anytime goalscorer! really should have done first goalscorer in hindsight!

Marc

I'd like to watch some football this season though.

tumblr_lftchlw66f1qdnwiro1_500.gif

If the rest of the team is not performing then Alexis wouldn't be shining obviously. We're a good organized team, and would a one man team be considered good? I don't think so.

m8, don't do this to yourself.

Wait until Sturridge is back before getting your hopes up.

My only hope is being in a position where the season is salvagable when Sturridge comes back, and Sturridge getting some degree of fitness between January and May.

I don't expect that this season will be regarded as a success at all at the end of it, but we've needed these last 3 results just to put a (perhaps temporary) stop to our slide.

Don't think we'll finish 4th or even come close, and don't think we'll do what needs to be done in January, but we've at least put a 4 point gap between ourselves and the bottom 8. Small victories and all that.

wedward

23 - Chelsea are now unbeaten in 23 games in all competitions (W17 D6); their joint-longest unbeaten run in their history. Pride.

Going to be incredible when we beat you at the Emirates to deny you the gold-plated trophy.

That is what I have to look forward to this season.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
we never have any luck over there, but i never thought of everton to be much of a cunt club until we played them a couple of weeks ago. horrible lot. basically the stoke of merseyside.

table seems to be normalising now. take out southampton and that's a top five nobody can argue with.

Clegg

If the rest of the team is not performing then Alexis wouldn't be shining obviously. We're a good organized team, and would a one man team be considered good? I don't think so.

I don't think organized is the adjective I'd use to describe Arsenal this season tbh.

Meier

This is a great goal too. The pass from Milner is perfect but I love seeing Sergio call for it and then BANG, in.

http://gfycat.com/HarmoniousOblongBagworm

He's up to 14 goals in 14 games now in the Prem. Tough for Hixx, must not have been very fun in that cold.

Wenger has never beaten Jose, keep dreaming

Speaking of Jose and streaks, does he still have just the 1 game last year as far as home defeats go? Can't recall if you guys lost any more as the season progressed.

Clegg

I dont see us beating the Saints

We have a decent chance tbf. If Schneiderlin is still out that's a big advantage for us. Wanyama is a decent midfielder but Schneiderlin runs the show for them. They're coming into the game on the back of 2 straight defeats while United have won 4 in a row. It's probably the best time to play them especially if we can get Rooney and Di Maria back for the game.

OneTwoTee

Banned
we never have any luck over there, but i never thought of everton to be much of a cunt club until we played them a couple of weeks ago. horrible lot. basically the stoke of merseyside.

table seems to be normalising now. take out southampton and that's a top five nobody can argue with.

hard to argue with big sam

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Usho is quite astoundingly positive about Spurs no matter what happens.

If you can't be positive then there's no point being a fan, I always look forward to the next game. As messy as the last 18 months have been, we've finished between 4th and 6th for half a decade despite a huge financial disadvantage, it's a privilege to play in Europe every season but some don't appreciate that.

Scum

If you can't be positive then there's no point being a fan, I always look forward to the next game. As messy as the last 18 months have been, we've finished between 4th and 6th for half a decade despite a huge financial disadvantage, it's a privilege to play in Europe every season but some don't appreciate that.

Who do you want in Jan/summer transfer window? Paulinho gone will be nice.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Who do you want in Jan/summer transfer window? Paulinho gone will be nice.

I think Jay Rodriguez, Rabiot plus Yedlin would be enough in January. No point spending big money. Paulinho, Naughton and Soldado can all go.

dc89

So I get to go look around the new City Academy on Monday. Closed doors and all that.
I can't take any pictures - that's been made clear.

Bold One

We have a decent chance tbf. If Schneiderlin is still out that's a big advantage for us. Wanyama is a decent midfielder but Schneiderlin runs the show for them. They're coming into the game on the back of 2 straight defeats while United have won 4 in a row. It's probably the best time to play them especially if we can get Rooney and Di Maria back for the game.

I'd be more optimistic if our best players weren't dropping like flies

Top Bottom