• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

why don't we all just stop talking about video games

Beats music discussion. Fuck music discussion. Unless its taking the piss out of other people's taste. Then it's alright. Fuck Lillies & Remains, fuck modern Interpol, and fuck The Dillinger Release Clause.

I'm allowing myself to get hyped for tomorrow's event. Firstly, its fun. Secondly, its only really disappointing if you get too invested and make too many assumptions, like I did before E3. Thirdly, a year into the PS4, Sony must have some stuff to show.

Debate time: If Shadow Of Mordor had come out at the end of a year filled with good games, it would have been a 7/10 on Metacritic. People were so desperate for any good game when it came out, they overlooked it's big flaws.

Esch

Banned
Obafemi won the MLS goal of the year:

http://gfycat.com/VainNimbleCaribou

dat keeper face

ioTo9vOc821Sz.png

It's clearly not, it wasn't when 360 was ahead or PS2. Another problem is, that we don't know if the engine renderer is deferred in Panta Rhei from Capcom. Every single engine that uses it (like Fox Engine see MGS5 or PES15) needs a fast RAM solution for the huge chunks for the framebuffer. Since xbone only has 32 MB of ESRAM, the work for a workaround and optimization might cost more, than simple "scaling". Architecture might be similiar but the split RAM truly is a huge bottleneck in that case.

Capcom aren't going to funnel all this money into an engine that doesn't run well on Xbox One, MS will just send out engineers to help them if they need it. The tools are similar to developing on PC and the user base whilst obviously below PS4 by at least a good few million would still be enough to justify it especially considering its probably not launching for another year(?)

Sure esram/split ram was a stupid move but I doubt the cost of any potential extra optimisation would be that significant they'd decide to cancel an XB1 port over, considering none of the other major publishers have done the same thing.

Street Fighter is nothing more than a money hat, which is fine as I said its business. I suspect that considering MS have Killer Instinct they weren't bothered but without that incentive (which we know from various other examples Capcom like - Monster Hunter, Dead Rising 3 and Deep Down etc) theres no reason to release only release on those platforms.

Isn't Dragons Dogma Online that PSVita game? Lolol

RIP Hitcher

can i have your nectar points in the will

I leave to L1NETT (real name unknown):

1 x Sainsbury's Nectar Card in my name
1 x Sainsbury's Discount Card in my name, to be used until my death is discovered and card cancelled
£100 of PlayStation Store credit, to be transferred to his SEN account
All debt accumulated by myself

I leave to L1NETT (real name unknown):

1 x Sainsbury's Nectar Card in my name
1 x Sainsbury's Discount Card in my name, to be used until my death is discovered and card cancelled
£100 of PlayStation Store credit, to be transferred to his SEN account
All debt accumulated by myself

Can I use your account as an alt?

Scum

BBC said:
Mario Balotelli: Liverpool striker is charged for Instagram post

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been charged by the Football Association for a post on social media which appeared to contain anti-Semitic and racist references.
The player has until 18:00 GMT on 15 December to respond to the charge.
A Liverpool club spokesman said: "We acknowledge the FA's decision and the player will work through the process to answer the charge.
"While that process is on-going the club will make no further comment."

More to follow.

Hopefully Balotelli's ban is short enough and decided quickly enough that its covered by his injury anyway. As poor as he's been, I'd rather have him available than not.

@FortuneFaded, the password is 'all3FFsareshit'

The VGA is today? No idea. Plenty of megatons to break GAF then....

Is it? I may watch it. For all the talk about how classy it'll be compared to the VGAs (its just the GAs now I think), you just know it'll be embarassing. Rubbish hosts, scruffy cunts everywhere, uncomfortable public speakers, heldd in a backalley behind the Mann's Chinese Theatre, trophy that looks like a sex toy, handing out awards on the burgundy carpet to the surprise of the recipients who are then expected to deliver an improvised speech, and generally shoddy production. Then there'll be a bit where a shite band plays, and then interviews some people they've never heard of, and just want to pick up their cheque which probably doesn't cover the economy flights and taxi they arrived in.

That's the game awards. Trying to be the Oscars, ending up more like the Markovic's.

Scum

Is it? I may watch it. For all the talk about how classy it'll be compared to the VGAs (its just the GAs now I think), you just know it'll be embarassing. Rubbish hosts, scruffy cunts everywhere, uncomfortable public speakers, heldd in a backalley behind the Mann's Chinese Theatre, trophy that looks like a sex toy, handing out awards on the burgundy carpet to the surprise of the recipients who are then expected to deliver an improvised speech, and generally shoddy production. Then there'll be a bit where a shite band plays, and then interviews some people they've never heard of, and just want to pick up their cheque which probably doesn't cover the economy flights and taxi they arrived in.

That's the game awards. Trying to be the Oscars, ending up more like the Markovic's.

But Hitch?, Dragon's Dogma Online! SF5 exclusive! Nathan Drake, m9.

😒

L1NETT

Wait until Eidos announces the next Deus Ex as online only.

I have no doubt the whole Deus Ex Universe concept involves same form of online shizzle. Companion app, The Fall 2, mobile transactions, online component whatever.

Question is whether that affects the design of the PC/console game we know is coming. Another worry is if square take some dollar dollar and make it exclusive.

-----

Thanks for the stuff Hitch

All I can offer you in return is lots of history books, signed copy of Porter Robinson's latest album (on vinyl no less) and half a packet of Foxes' Viennese Chocolate biscuits.

Scum

I have no doubt the whole Deus Ex Universe concept involves same form of online shizzle. Companion app, The Fall 2, mobile transactions, online component whatever.

Question is whether that affects the design of the PC/console game we know is coming. Another worry is if square take some dollar dollar and make it exclusive.

-----

Thanks for the stuff Hitch

All I can offer you in return is lots of history books, signed copy of Porter Robinson's latest album (on vinyl no less) and half a packet of Foxes' Viennese Chocolate biscuits.

TR timed exclusive to Xbox One.
DE timed exclusive to PS4.

Wait until Eidos announces the next Deus Ex as online only.

lol

L1NETT would get his stuff extra-quick if that happened. Wouldn't be surprised though, given the way they teased HR2 only to reveal some shitty iOS game

edit: We signed someone who's been abused racially all his life, and as soon as he joins it turns out he's a racist himself :(

Lambert is thankfully being somewhat useful now. Hopefully the more he plays, the fitter he'll get and the better he'll play.

Gorlak

Banned
Looooooool.

"Who are you?"

He is my favorite poster that's who.

Lovely <3

Wedward I miss Özil badly. We play miserable, and create only some chances... we finally have pace upfront but do not use it. The world champion would make our counter attacks deadly - alexis, welbs and ox/theo could finally run and receive some good passes.

wedward

Lovely <3

Wedward I miss Özil badly. We play miserable, and create only some chances... we finally have pace upfront but do not use it. The world champion would make our counter attacks deadly - alexis, welbs and ox/theo could finally run and receive some good passes.

Yup. He was poor on the wing but he had a good game at the #10.

----------Welbz
Sanchez Ozil ox
------arteta rambo

I think that is our strongest attacking lineup. Maybe swap Welbz for giroud.

We are stagnant in the final third without Özil.

Yup. He was poor on the wing but he had a good game at the #10.

----------Welbz
Sanchez Ozil ox
------arteta rambo

I think that is our strongest attacking lineup. Maybe swap Welbz for giroud.

We are stagnant in the final third without Özil.

I genuinely don't think you were any better in attack before Ozil got injured tbh

Zabojnik

That's tonight? Boss. Fiorentina still struggling? Montella under pressure? Cuadado had a good season?

Yes. No. No. No.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

No Licht. Evra vs. Cuadrado. The temporary return to 3-5-2. Tevez getting a rest, with future GOAT, but for now still a prospect Coman taking his place.

There is no way in hell we're winning this. Might even be the worst match of the season, like last year (4-2 for Fiorentina, we were up 0-2).

Don't stay up, Hitch. You'll regret it.

wedward

I genuinely don't think you were any better in attack before Ozil got injured tbh

Welbeck and Sanchez hadnt bedded in yet.

Sanchez was pretty poor in linking up at the beginning of the season.

Ozil was also on the wing and we were playing with Jack and Ramsey which obviously didn't work.

The formation I posted should be our best option.

No. No. No.

Don't stay up, Hitch. You'll regret it.

thx m8 gl hf

You know I love you Zabo, but I want you to lose. You've won 3 in a row, and I'd be delighted for Totti to win another Serie A title before he retires. Plus Evra's a bell, and Chiellini's a baby. Why don't you buy Ivanovic, make an entire defense out of people who couldn't handle Suarez's banter ¬¬

As long as its a good match I'll be happy.

Zabojnik

As long as its a good match I'll be happy.

Judging from our poor performance & lucky win in the Torino derby, I expect another subpar performance on our part. So it's up to Fiorentina, really. They had a shitty start to the season, but won the last two matches. Even Mario Gomez scored. If that's not a divine sign, I don't know what is. Plus it's the only match that matters in Fiorentina's season.

Congrats Roma.

Stephen Fry just walked right beside me down the street. Legit star struck.

I don't think I'd be able to resist asking to shake his hand

How sad is it that original Ronaldo will be remembered in generations to come as Fat Ronaldo, to differentiate him from current Ronaldo?

Top Bottom