• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Someone in the Star Wars trailer thread said they didn't believe in the ability of the actors to sell their characters and dialogue

Based off three second glimpses f each character

With no dialogue
I've come to accept footygaf as my safe haven from the idiots outside of this thread.

Jack cw

Bayern home kit for 2015/16
bayern-munchen-15-16-home-kit.jpg
Looks incredible.

GorillaJu

It will be hilarious if it was just exclusive to PS4 in Japan only.

loooool

The problem is that this is effectively "exclusive everywhere" because of the nature of the fighting game community. People want a "standard" version, and the Japanese scene is a really huge part of the FGC, so if JP players have no choice, then...

is football dying or is it already dead
lmao at the ballon joke nominations

how the hell is messi aka the guy who dont nothing against atletico in 2 cl games and la liga title decider game in there? plus he flopped during wc semifinal and final

and dont even get be started on that pretend ronaldo, he flopped so hard in cl final, the one game madrid actually needed someone to step up, and then hits a 1 man wall at wc, changes his hair style for the usa game before leaving at group stage

wtf did neur do? how many crucial saves did he make during wc? none. casillas made 2 saves in final in much more difficult scenarios where was his nomination?

football is a fukin joke

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

how the hell is messi aka the guy who dont nothing against atletico in 2 cl games and la liga title decider game in there? plus he flopped during wc semifinal and final

and dont even get be started on that pretend ronaldo, he flopped so hard in cl final, the one game madrid actually needed someone to step up, and then hits a 1 man wall at wc, changes his hair style for the usa game before leaving at group stage

wtf did neur do? how many crucial saves did he make during wc? none. casillas made 2 saves in final in much more difficult scenarios where was his nomination?

football is a fukin joke

poe's law all up in this

Scum

The problem is that this is effectively "exclusive everywhere" because of the nature of the fighting game community. People want a "standard" version, and the Japanese scene is a really huge part of the FGC, so if JP players have no choice, then...

It should have been exclusive to the n3DS.
ibdwxPBoU0iP8Z.png

But seriously though, this should be expected by those on gamingside now. Everything is going to be PS4, then PC, then Xbox One.

Wilbur

Banned

football is a fukin joke

OT10| CASILLAS for the ballon d'Or

Esch

Banned

football is a fukin joke
:lol :lol

football is a fukin joke

Never change
|OT10| football is a fukin joke

“To know that someone like that thinks highly of me fills me with pride,” Dybala conceded in an interview with Ole.

“I can’t deny that going to Arsenal and playing in the Premier League would be great, but at the moment I’m a Palermo player.

“Different news stories keep coming out, but my thoughts are only occupied by Torino at the weekend.

“All goal is to stay up, I can’t allow myself to be distracted from that.”

Don't do it Dybala.
EuvEO5Z.png

Afternoon, Wooden. You're just in time to see GamingGAF break the rest of GAF over exclusivity wars.
EuvEO5Z.png

Please I've been on here all day, reading. I'm re-installing windows though which I haven't done in forever, trying to back up all my shit, it's taking forever.

I don't care about street fighter or much about tomb raider, or really any exclusives announced other than uncharted. They can all go suck a fuck.

u guys think im joking, im not. this is a fukin disgrace, same 2 people no matter how much they flop get nominated.

di maria has had a better year than pretend ron, he actually turned it up when madrid needed him and was starting to make it happen for argentina before he got injured + was carrying utd before he picked up that knock

robben - this guy played real football this year

muller - why dont this guy get credit? always shows up to wc, hussles like a dog in every game. he deserves to be nominated for what he has done throughout the last 4 years + 2014 wc

u guys think im joking, im not. this is a fukin disgrace, same 2 people no matter how much they flop get nominated.

di maria has had a better year than pretend ron, he actually turned it up when madrid needed him and was starting to make it happen for argentina before he got injured + was carrying utd before he picked up that knock

robben - this guy played real football this year

muller - why dont this guy get credit? always shows up to wc, hussles like a dog in every game. he deserves to be nominated for what he has done throughout the last 4 years + 2014 wc

Wes pls

Scum

Please I've been on here all day, reading. I'm re-installing windows though which I haven't done in forever, trying to back up all my shit, it's taking forever.

I don't care about street fighter or much about tomb raider, or really any exclusives announced other than uncharted. They can all go suck a fuck.

But bu..exclusives..

Picked up adware again, did you? It's those dodgy sites you visit all day, innit.
ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Picked up adware again, did you? It's those dodgy sites you visit all day, innit.
ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Nah but my SSD seems to be dying or at least be fucking up, want to move windows to my normal drive for a while. My ssd is old as fuck now anyway and not very big, might as well get rid.

mAbE cuz U wrte lIk a 10 yr. old :eek:) & U uz arguments such az "he got a nu haircut" 2 Dcide hu deserves ballon d'or. f it makes U happy, I don't tink U R jokN. I truly BlEv U R jst dat thick

Scum

Nah but my SSD seems to be dying or at least be fucking up, want to move windows to my normal drive for a while. My ssd is old as fuck now anyway and not very big, might as well get rid.

Ahh. Shame that. That reminds me, I need to look into getting another NAS and some TB drives.

L1NETT

From now on, those who win caps from under-15 level upwards will be asked to explore what playing for England means to them. They will also be given a wristband which features the England DNA values.
oh goody

we are saved

In all seriousness as long as the Premier League exists in its current monolithic state no change of any real consequence will occur. And deep down I bet most fans of PL clubs don't want it to. Club > country. And honestly, I can't blame them. Much rather city beat Dartford on saturday than England beat whoever the fuck they are playing next

As someone who works in the game industry, that street fighter announcement thread makes me not want to work in the games industry. At least football fans have the balls to wear their allegiances on their sleeves.

Wat? It's coming to PC as well. Japanese company shifting focus on the biggest install base of hardware. How rude. And this is in no way a shit deal like the Tomb Raider one, where you leave out 90% of all players.

Considering how similar the consoles/PC are to develop for, shifting to the "biggest install base" is a poor argument, the difficulties in doing the XB1 version with the rest are likely to be very low especially with PC providing easy scaling for the different specs.

They're both shit deals, but its just business.

Zabojnik

As someone who works in the game industry, that street fighter announcement thread makes me not want to work in the games industry. At least football fans have the balls to wear their allegiances on their sleeves.

I wish there were more exclusive bombs like this. I'd rather have fanboys fighting over exclusives than resolution and frames per second differences.

Master race forever.

inky

LOL, I didn't realize SFV is partially exclusive. At least it's on PC.

So that's why that thread is a shitstorm.

Jack cw

The details aren't even that nice.
A non Bayer wont ever understand it.
Considering how similar the consoles/PC are to develop for, shifting to the "biggest install base" is a poor argument, the difficulties in doing the XB1 version with the rest are likely to be very low especially with PC providing easy scaling for the different specs.

They're both shit deals, but its just business.

It's clearly not, it wasn't when 360 was ahead or PS2. Another problem is, that we don't know if the engine renderer is deferred in Panta Rhei from Capcom. Every single engine that uses it (like Fox Engine see MGS5 or PES15) needs a fast RAM solution for the huge chunks for the framebuffer. Since xbone only has 32 MB of ESRAM, the work for a workaround and optimization might cost more, than simple "scaling". Architecture might be similiar but the split RAM truly is a huge bottleneck in that case and you don't simply scale back, porting needs months of optimazation and a team that takes care of it.

Jack cw

At least it's far better than ours with that stupid Chevrolet logo tho.
Well, I was pretty ok with Bayern swapping the home kit every 2 years, but since every other club does it anual Bayern does it now too and it's really hard to make a design that seperates enough to buy it again. Bayern is mostly decent and reduced (not this year though) but I'm glad we have something slim on our chest.

Top Bottom