• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

jts

...hate me...
So Street Fighter V is apparently PS4 and PC only and Capcom used "The Only Moment We Are Alone" from Explosions In The Sky as the track for the teaser trailer.
I'm actually more excited by EITS being used on such a big announcement.
Really?

I love it how "we blocked some other console users from getting this previously multiplat game" is "great news" in gaming nowadays.

SFV isn't on the XB1! W000T. GOTF INNIT

Jack cw

Really?

I love it how "we blocked some other console users from getting this previously multiplat game" is "great news" in gaming nowadays.

Wat? It's coming to PC as well. Japanese company shifting focus on the biggest install base of hardware. How rude. And this is in no way a shit deal like the Tomb Raider one, where you leave out 90% of all players.

Scum

Really?

It's great news when it's on your console of choice. It's money hatting when it's not. #GamingGAF

Elchele

fzs8hvkapxfucxj8dmwc.png

"White House down" "Avoid american-centrism"
sony pls

Klopp finally passed the reality check. Good. I hope they beat Hoffenheim tonight.

don't know, I actually expect Hoffenheim to win

EmiPrime

I had a student who would be about 8 in western age do a speech about RVP being the best player in the world, I just shook my head in disappointment at him as I heard his rehearsal. He knows I hate that cunt.

But he did impress me afterwards with asking me if I knew Juventus. Apparently they are his favourite team in Serie A, although Roma have a good midfield.

He has been wearing a Bayern hoody and bottom this week and told me that they are European champions, but I had to correct him. His favourite team is Chelsea, and he has a ton of Neymar pictures on his iPhone.

So it seems he supports Chelsea, United, Bayern, Juventus, and Barca. Plus Argentina.

He asked me if i liked the K League, but I just laughed at him. He then rattled off some good players.

I love chatting to this kid, always good banter when he brings up who Arsenal get beaten by.

The Korean pulga.

Dat normal legit banter.

Pennywise

Really?

Ono said he had no budget for a nextgen title, maybe it was necessary that someone stepped in.

jts

...hate me...
Wat? It's coming to PC as well. Japanese company shifting focus on the biggest install base of hardware. How rude. And this is in no way a shit deal like the Tomb Raider one, where you leave out 90% of all players.
At least TR is more or less a confirmed temporary exclusive, so yeah, I think it beats SFV not covering as many console players as SFIV did, and SF is a much more "important" game.

It's just that there is nothing to rejoice or celebrate. In any of those deals imo. It's just the industry crumbling, so the whole fanfare around such an announcement is a travesty.

I have a PS4 and no XB1, for the record.

Hixx

At least TR is more or less a confirmed temporary exclusive, so yeah, I think it beats SFV not covering as many console players as SFIV did, and SF is a much more "important" game.

It's just that there is nothing to rejoice or celebrate. In any of those deals imo. It's just the industry crumbling, so the whole fanfare around such an announcement is a travesty.

Seriously. It sucks. I have both consoles and the Tomb Raider deal is shit, this Street Fighter thing is shit if it's true.

You can guarantee the people who were pissing and moaning about Tomb Raider will use some mental gymnastics to defend this though and say it's not the same.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal wants Southampton right-back Nathaniel Clyne, 23. (Sun - subscription required)
Arsenal are ready to make an £8m bid in January for Ipswich Town defender Tyrone Mings, 21. (Daily Telegraph)
The Gunners are also planning a £15m bid for Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin in January in an effort to beat Premier League rivals Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United to the 25-year-old. (Daily Express)
Inter Milan are weighing up January moves for Arsenal's Costa Rican forward Joel Campbell and Tottenham's Argentine midfielder Erik Lamela, both 22. (Talksport)
The agent of Colombian striker Jackson Martinez says the 28-year-old will not be leaving Porto despite interest from Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. (Daily Star)
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew fears Moussa Sissoko could be the next player to be lured away from St James' Park with Arsenal linked with the 25-year-old French midfielder. (Daily Mail)
Real Madrid and Paris St-Germain are still keen to land Chelsea forward Eden Hazard in January but the Blues are are ready to offer the 23-year-old an improved deal. (Daily Express)
Cruzeiro midfielder Luca Silva, 21, is set to snub Manchester United and Arsenal to join Real Madrid. (Daily Star)
Leicester City will try to bring in a defender and a striker in the January transfer window, with Toronto FC forward Jermain Defoe, 32, still an option. (Leicester Mercury)

OTHER GOSSIP
Sergio Aguero, 26, is in the form of his career and would have won the World Cup for Argentina had he avoided injury, according to Manchester City team-mate Pablo Zabaleta, 29. (Daily Telegraph)
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is considering "a number of options" as he seeks a new assistant following Roy Keane's exit. (Birmingham Mail)
Liverpool have sent England striker Daniel Sturridge, 25, to Los Angeles to step up rehabilitation from a thigh injury. (Daily Mirror)
Manchester United strikers Wayne Rooney, 29, and Radamel Falcao, 28 have recovered from injury and will be ready for Monday's Premier League trip to Southampton. (Manchester Evening News)
Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes thinks Barcelona are a ghost of their former selves because they are "bored". (Independent)
Stoke City defender Ryan Shawcross has warned Arsenal will be walking into a hate-filled bearpit when they meet at the Britannia Stadium this weekend. (Sun - subscription required)
Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli, 24, will submit evidence of the discrimination he has faced to the Football Association as part of their investigation into his "Super Mario" tweet. (Guardian)
Fraser Forster, 26, believes his summer move to Southampton from Celtic has given him the platform to dislodge Manchester City's Joe Hart, 27, as first-choice England goalkeeper. (Times - subscription required)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Wayne Rooney showed off his musical talent by singing at Manchester United's Christmas party on Wednesday. The England captain posted a picture on Instagram, but the world is still waiting for the Audioboom sound file.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has shown his players how to do it on the club's YouTube channel with a brilliant free-kick during training.

AND FINALLY
Coventry City have been kicked out of the home dressing room at the Ricoh Arena and relocated to the away team changing area by rugby union club and stadium owners Wasps. (Coventry Telegraph)
Burnley boss Sean Dyche believes young English academy players are too soft, saying: "I was speaking to an eight-year-old who did a hamstring. I said: 'I can't believe you know what a hamstring is, son. You go out there and get yourself running.'" (Times - subscription required)
Harry Redknapp has told his QPR players to forget about organising a Christmas party and instead focus on avoiding relegation. (Guardian)

Gorlak

Banned

You're secretly in love with Arsenal aren't you? Everytime you post it's some rambling about how bad arsenal is here, how dumb wenger is there and now you even start posting news concerning the gunners just to go on and whine about it.

It's impressive how everytime your name pops up, it's about arsenal and how you hate them. Do you have nothing else to do? Why do you have to constantly begrudge us?

You're secretly in love with Arsenal aren't you? Everytime you post it's some rambling about how bad arsenal is here, how dumb wenger is there and now you even start posting news concerning the gunners just to go on and whine about it.

It's impressive how everytime your name pops up, it's about arsenal and how you hate them. Do you have nothing else to do? Why do you have to constantly begrudge us?

Who are you?

L1NETT

Tyrone Mings is well good

And a top bloke to boot. Read stories of him helping out feeding the homeless and the like. Good chap

but

he's a left back. Surely Wenger isn't gonna chambers him and convert him into a centre back.

Scum

Seriously. It sucks. I have both consoles and the Tomb Raider deal is shit, this Street Fighter thing is shit if it's true.

You can guarantee the people who were pissing and moaning about Tomb Raider will use some mental gymnastics to defend this though and say it's not the same.

Exacrly. I can understand it with a game like Bayonetta 2 where it was dead and no publisher wanted it before Nintendo stepped in to resurrect it. But bitching about one exclusive and praising another is just bollocks.

But then, this shit doesn't surprise me anymore.

Welcome

Who do you support

Scum

Tyrone Mings is well good

And a top bloke to boot. Read stories of him helping out feeding the homeless and the like. Good chap

but

he's a left back. Surely Wenger isn't gonna chambers him and convert him into a centre back.

He'll be the new DM.

The Korean pulga.

Dat normal legit banter.

student

speaks like an western 8 year old

supports 15634 different football clubs

naww that aint korean pulga, that IS pulga

hahaha

5 years in this country and I have only had two students who could chat about footy with me.

First student was amazing. Was an Arsenal fan and his age was 5 and could talk about all the invincibles despite being born after most of that team had been broken. Loved to chat about Ljungberg, and was a big fan of Ang Lee.

I will let you guys work out who is Ang Lee in Korea. And Honaldo

L1NETT

Mick McCarthy bought Mings for like ten grand or summat mental like that

He was released by Saints iirc

He's a big fucker, athletic as anything and a solid technique.

Gorlak

Banned
Welcome. I see you like the souls series. Good man.

Demon's was the best game of the last generation! Dark Souls was great but not on the same level even though the connected world was awesome. It lost this completly new feeling, the dangerous, the suspense wasn't as good as in Demon's.

Dark Souls 2 however was just more of the same without the same effort put in.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
It's great news when it's on your console of choice. It's money hatting when it's not. #GamingGAF

The amount of schadenfreude in that thread is something else

The difference between that and any Tomb Raider or Sunset thread tells you what you need to know about the gaming side these days

Jack cw

Demon's was the best game of the last generation! Dark Souls was great but not on the same level even though the connected world was awesome. It lost this completly new feeling, the dangerous, the suspense wasn't as good as in Demon's.

Dark Souls 2 however was just more of the same without the same effort put in.
True that. At least we get Bloodborne soon :D
The difference between that and any Tomb Raider or Sunset thread tells you what you need to know about the gaming side these days
What is more funny, that apparently many people simply do not even care to understand what the difference between moneyhatting, funding and free chioce of publisher is.

Scum

Savage reckons the "Sacking season" is about to start.

The amount of schadenfreude in that thread is something else

And they all continue to wonder why publishers like Ubisoft continue to do the shit they do...

GorillaJu

If you're a fan of Demon's over Dark, you're going to love Bb.

Holy shit Street Fighter V. I could give a shit if it's exclusive or not, I'm just thrilled it's a thing.

Wilbur

Banned

absolutely

sensational

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Street Fighter V looks the same and will probably be the same as IV.
At least it's on PC for the eventual Steam sale.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
True that. At least we get Bloodborne soon :D

What is more funny, that apparently many people simply do not even care to understand what the difference between moneyhatting, funding and free chioce of publisher is.

what is even more funny is the industry seems more concerned with pissing off whatever is left of the average joe last gen, who just bought a new xbox for cod and fifa, sees that fighting game he liked last time around only to discover he can't play it because of whatever, and goes back to candy crush inbetween swiping slags on tinder.

Jack cw

Street Fighter V looks the same and will probably be the same as IV.
At least it's on PC for the eventual Steam sale.

Pls. Even the 2 seconds of new footage showed a huge upgrade in visuals than compared to SF4. Look at Ryus model and how much more detailed it is, muscle animation, shaders, lighting, texture resolution, etc.
what is even more funny is the industry seems more concerned with pissing off whatever is left of the average joe last gen, who bought a new xbox for cod and fifa, sees that fighting game he liked last time around only to discover he can't play it because of whatever, and goes back to candy crush inbetween swiping slags on tinder.

I understand the hurt feelings, but there is no moneyhatting from Sony or anything. It's a Japanese company that has only limited funds and they act based on that. Development is expensive, fanbase migration because of additional costs like arcade sticks all plays a role and of course the pretty abysmal sales numbers of the bone.

Wilbur

Banned
You've seen

Literally

Less than 5 seconds of the game

And you're declaring that it'll be the same as IV.

Someone in the Star Wars trailer thread said they didn't believe in the ability of the actors to sell their characters and dialogue

Based off three second glimpses f each character

With no dialogue

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
You've seen

Literally

Less than 5 seconds of the game

And you're declaring that it'll be the same as IV.

this is neogaf

that's what you do, no?

In all seriousness I expect Capcom to keep the IV and SFxT model of gameplay and ignore parrying again, which I find boring to watch and play.

Facism

do we know what the circumstances of SFV exclusivity are? Capcom aren't exactly making mad dollar these days. Maybe they couldn't afford 2 versions, or they went to MS and asked for a portion of that #MASSIVEWARCHEST(tm) and were denied?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I understand the hurt feelings, but there is no moneyhatting from Sony or anything. It's a Japanese company that has only limited funds and they act based on that. Development is expensive, fanbase migration because of additional costs like arcade sticks all plays a role and of course the pretty abysmal sales numbers of the bone.

it's not hurt feelings, it's the death throes of an industry where in the face of fading relevance, the only plan of action for the companies involved is to make the direct competitor less appealing.

Jack cw

do we know what the circumstances of SFV exclusivity are? Capcom aren't exactly making mad dollar these days. Maybe they couldn't afford 2 versions, or they went to MS and asked for a portion of that #MASSIVEWARCHEST(tm) and were denied?

Their latest financial report revealed some profit, so I doubt they are in problems. They just cut the huge funding costs on internal projects, meaning AAA game development at limited budget and only for IPs that sold more than 2 million units with their latest entry.
it's not hurt feelings, it's the death throes of an industry where in the face of fading relevance, the only plan of action for the companies involved is to make the direct competitor less appealing.

I neither see the industry dying nor a problem with a game going exclusive on consoles at this point where we have a 2.3:1 ratio in installed base of hardware.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

I think it's just that Capcom already made a PS4 engine and they don't have more money to make a X1 version.

Scum

It will be hilarious if it was just exclusive to PS4 in Japan only.

Someone in the Star Wars trailer thread said they didn't believe in the ability of the actors to sell their characters and dialogue

Based off three second glimpses f each character

With no dialogue

loooool

Top Bottom