• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Scum

Well, enjoy it while we all can. GAF is going to crawl to a halt soon when Uncharted 4 gets shown in about 40mins..

Roma, pls.

B4MBXyOCAAAeRBs.jpg
What a disgusting player. He's not even playing the right sport.

This is what annoys me about your posts. I think he will be a very good CB one day. But you saying he will be great is baseless at this point.
He is as delusional as many other Arsenal fans. We shouldn't put all blame on one single player, but I think it's fair to point out the player that affected our chances the most.

*Player kills our chance of coming back*

"He will be great someday"

image.php

wedward

You can ignore all of us by just asking for a permaban again, that way you can pretend Arsenal is great all the time without anyone criticizing you <3

Mate. 3 people are talking about putting you on ignore today. Think about that. You aren't the fan favorite you think you are.

If you disappeared tomorrow nobody would ask where you have gone.

Chambers has put in several encouraging performances but if you look at our entire defensive line to single chambers is absurd. I said at the start of the season it's how he develops and learns from the poor performances that will shape the type of player he will be. The back line needs stability for chambers to grow but injuries, no protection, Wenger's desire for players to push forward leaving us exposed all doesn't help his development.

No body thought he was the perfect defender who won't make mistakes. How he learns and develops is the key.

He is picking up yellows for the same stupid mistakes. ATM, he is not learning

EmiPrime

That is the worst thing, we will end up 4th and people will hail Wenger for doing an amazing job of finishing in the top 4 again. Despite the fact that he should have built a team that is fighting for the title.

Nobody will. If we had strengthened in defence (inc DM) we would be challenging for the title, this should have been a season of improvement.

I'm bored of 4th and going out in the first knockout round of the CL.

bud

the difference between arsenal and united will be five points on monday.

united are making progress; arsenal are only regressing.
l1x61OA.png

Mate. 3 people are talking about putting you on ignore today. Think about that. You aren't the fan favorite you think you are.
Weren't you putting me on ignore? Based on my short time in this community I'm not even surprised you and Lightning are the two getting emotional about my posts. You cry like babies whenever one criticizes the team At least you made a sensible post about Debuchy replacing Chambers.

That's the one we have to try. Very much doubt he'd go for it, and we'd fall foul of FFP unless we shed some serious deadweight in the squad, but having one good striker and 3 mediocre/poor ones is nowhere near good enough when the good one is injury prone. I'd rather have 2 good strikers in the entire squad than the situation we have now.

Lightning

Banned
He is picking up yellows for the same stupid mistakes. ATM, he is not learning
Atm he is being horribly exposed by a defensive line that is inconsistent and untrustworthy. Look how dodgy Mertesacker has looked all season? Bellerin didn't look comfortable today at all. Wenger clearly didn't do any training defensively with this back 4 because all of them were horrid.

He should be doing better though, that I agree with. His talent I don't doubt though, posts calling him shit are ridiculous in my opinion.

Wenger's ultimately responsible because away to Stoke we need sound defensive structure but we never get it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
At least Lloris was back to his best after the Chelsea shambles. He won us a point today.

wedward

Weren't you putting me on ignore? Based on my short time in this community I'm not even surprised you and Lightning are the two getting emotional about my posts. You cry like babies whenever one criticizes the team At least you made a sensible post about Debuchy replacing Chambers.

You had a meltdown like a toddler the other day.

It's embarrassing.

Can't we all just get along
l1x61OA.png

We're stuck with Wenger until 2017, we need to stick together &#128532;
And our defense will be shaky, we will have poor transfers and nothing will change while we will convince ourselves of being capable of winning the league, while in reality we're starting to struggle to even stay in the top four with more and more injured players. I'm honestly surprised we got a player like Sanchez. What did Wenger whisper in his ear?

Anyway, a season without CL might just be the punch we need to become a top side again.

phaze

ArseGAF, relax. Don't direct you hate at each other or Chambers.

Direct it at public enemy number 1

Arsene-Wenger-006.jpg

I do. All aboard the #WengerOut train.

Shitty as that was, I'm glad Santi and Ramsey could get on the board today. Hopefully they start to get a little more (personal) confidence back.

Agreed. It's a shame that in every season one of our stars dims and the other fires up. Cazorla->Ramsey->Sanchez.

Atm he is being horribly exposed by a defensive line that is inconsistent and untrustworthy. Look how dodgy Mertesacker has looked all season? Bellerin didn't look comfortable today at all. Wenger clearly didn't do any training defensively with this back 4 because all of them were horrid.

He should be doing better though, that I agree with. His talent I don't doubt though, posts calling him shit are ridiculous in my opinion.

Wenger's ultimately responsible because away to Stoke we need sound defensive structure but we never get it.

I agree with all that.

My hype for the Experience has been killed.

Wonder how we'd have played the last 20 minutes without Lucas' booking. Prevented us from going balls-out, as we lost our free foul in the event that we got countered.

Clegg

Even whe walls of Old Trafford were crumbling around us last season I don't think United gaf ever had brother against brother meltdown like this.

Luv u United bros.

Carbonox

Winter wonderland bae shhhhshhhhhhjshhjnhhhhjjjjj

Bavarian bar with beer steins i feel like blaburn right now where are the bayern shirts

Newcastle

Cisse

Up the spurs

Scum

Oi, Hitch? looking forward to the fancy Playstation Experience?? Got your Nathan Drake socks on, have you?
SgYahwF.png

Pennywise

Talent is nice, the problem is that you usually need teammates that help you.
Dortmund has one of the biggest CB talents in Germany with Ginter, however he made some pretty big faults with the rest of his teammates, because the defense is shit at the moment.

That's the time when experienced people like Mertesacker need to step up.

It will be interesting to see our line-up on Wednesday (or Tuesday) against Sporting. We're playing at the Bridge, this is what i'd like to see:

Cech
Branna Zouma Christensen Luis
Ramires Ake (if fit otherwise Mikel)
Schurrle Willian Salah
Remy

I know we won't line-up like that, especially with Cesc suspended next weekend but considering how little our team has changed this season, resting everyone seems like a good idea to me. Pack Cesc off on holiday for a few days or something.

Remy deserves to play as well, he should have come on today

Expecting a City win

Scum

My hype for the Experience has been killed.

Wonder how we'd have played the last 20 minutes without Lucas' booking. Prevented us from going balls-out, as we lost our free foul in the event that we got countered.

Huh? What killed your hype??

PSG? If so, you'll be able to buy three or more players with what they'll pay!

loool yeah.

Winter wonderland bae shhhhshhhhhhjshhjnhhhhjjjjj

Bavarian bar with beer steins i feel like blaburn right now where are the bayern shirts

Newcastle

Cisse

Up the spurs

ibdwxPBoU0iP8Z.png

Talent is nice, the problem is that you usually need teammates that help you.
Dortmund has one of the biggest CB talents in Germany with Ginter, however he made some pretty big faults with the rest of his teammates, because the defense is shit at the moment.

That's the time when experienced people like Mertesacker need to step up.
I agree with this, but there's only so much that Mertesacker can do. He can't be responsible for carrying the defense the whole time. As a player that has more experience than the rest of them I can understand that he has more responsibility but at some point the players have to do their job. Chambers is new to this team, he is young, and he isn't ready to play full games for us.

Top Bottom