• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Scum

Aguero is injured? Is he actually out?

ieBViOIubAlm1.png

Destro is so infuriating. He can look like a top number 9 one week and then looks like a chump the next. Same with Zaza. The inconsistency of Italian number 9s is killing me.

Scum

The fact that what looked like a mini-revival has come grinding to a halt in the most predictable way, and makes me sceptical of our ability to beat Basel.

Fucking hell, Hitch. I thought you'd seen or read something about the Experience that had put you off. Go back to bed.
nCUoKLR.png

Zabojnik

Destro is so infuriating. He can look like a top number 9 one week and then looks like a chump the next. Same with Zaza. The inconsistency of Italian number 9s is killing me.

Fuck italian number 9s. It's all about that Coman now. What a fucking player he already is. At 18. GOAT in the making and I'm not even kidding. The real Sterling, if you will.

Fuck italian number 9s. It's all about that Coman now. What a fucking player he already is. At 18. GOAT in the making and I'm not even kidding. The real Sterling, if you will.

The real Sterling is Berardi.

Have Tutto awarded the golden boy yet? I heard the front runner was Sterling.

Hixx

He'll be out for months. Do genuinely think that's his knee ligaments.

The only time I've ever cried to pain (as an adult anyway) was when I did mine. Worst thing.

Pennywise

I agree with this, but there's only so much that Mertesacker can do. He can't be responsible for carrying the defense the whole time. As a player that has more experience than the rest of them I can understand that he has more responsibility but at some point the players have to do their job. Chambers is new to this team, he is young, and he isn't ready to play full games for us.

I never said only Mertesacker, I said experienced people like him, that includes everyone who is beyond the talent status.
Defensive midfielders, CBs and FBs.

Did anyone really not think there was a massive possibility that this would happen? He's an injury prone player, and he's prone to bad ones as well. City keeping him fit for even 6 months of the season couldn't be assumed, let alone all of it.

Zabojnik

The real Sterling is Jese.

Impressing in Serie A don't mean shit these days.

I watch every possible league. I know football, Hitch. When a player's got it, he's got it. I was telling everybody about Verratti when he was playing in Serie B. I'm telling you Coman's got it. Pls believe.

Jese will be amazing, yeah.

GQman2121

Banned
Both sides wearing blue. I hate that. You have three options and go with the same color? A different shade, yes, but still...come on.

Having said that, we actually haven't played in our black and blue third stripe yet at all this season.

Today has actually turned out to be pretty decent, went from being terrible to actually pretty good now that arsenal lost and city just lost Aguero, now I have the PlayStation event to watch :D

Scum

Did anyone really not think there was a massive possibility that this would happen? He's an injury prone player, and he's prone to bad ones as well. City keeping him fit for even 6 months of the season couldn't be assumed, let alone all of it.

I think most of us knew this would happen soon. But still, long term injuries suck.

I never said only Mertesacker, I said experienced people like him, that includes everyone who is beyond the talent status.
Defensive midfielders, CBs and FBs.
Fair enough, but I went with Mertesacker since he basically is the only player with lots of experience we currently have in the starting back four. Things would have helped if we still had Sagna left :'(. With Koscielny and Debuchy out, and with Monreal being crap and Chambers not being ready Mertesacker and Gibbs are really the only two good players we have there.

No you didn't.

:(((( i really did. i thought Chelsea losing their first game and us winning a third one straight would be a good confidence boost. Who knows what would happen over Christmas fixtures. But it was stupid, of course we are gonna drop even more points over the next month.

Top Bottom