• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Linius

JUvGJFe.png

Let's do this

Abraxas

Arsenal are a joke this season. Its becoming clear that Wenger won't make the needed changes to beat any opponent. It should've been a flat back four, with a four-man midfield.
As sad it is to say, ramsey needs to be dropped.

Fair play to united, thats how you defend, not like the bullshit we pull when we're ahead. Even more jarring as it was done with a pair of kids at the back.

No arsenal fan should defend us this season, its been dross from beginning to end. We can even lose well these days.

Wilbur

Banned
He was pretty good imo. Did well tracking back and gave us an outlet.

Would much prefer we go back to 442 and play Di Maria inside (who was great there today) and play Herrera off the 2 strikers. Rooney up top with RVP/Wilson.

He was shit. Was only there to launch the ball at. Might have fitted playing against Arsenal but I'd rather have someone who can actually pass in there any day.

The problem with Wenger is that he sets team mentality to Ultra Attacking and never dares to do anything else. Our mediocre defenders are not helping either.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with Wenger is that he sets team mentality to Ultra Attacking and never dares to do anything else. Our mediocre defenders are not helping either.

that's the problem, he'll stick to his tired tactics that even a mediocre Man Utd could break til he's buried

Antti

I don't think Arsenal was that bad. They were clearly the better team, created plenty of chances but got unlucky. ManU would've been extremely lucky to come away with a point from that game, let alone three.

jts

...hate me...
Arsenal needs to stop with the gunk in the chest voodoo shit that started off with Vieira.

thierry-henry-patrick-vieira-arsenal-514.jpg

Today Wilshere had it. Can't find a good enough photo.

faridmon

What a great win. Upward, slowly but surely. The same points as Arsenal and we might be above them in the next few weeks.

I am exciting. Hope we build on this win and gain some confidence.

Osman is the best and the worst player at Everton. Love that guy!

bud

I don't think Arsenal was that bad. They were clearly the better team, created plenty of chances but got unlucky. ManU would've been extremely lucky to come away with a point from that game, let alone three.

arsenal aren't unlucky; they're just not good at scoring.

ramsey is dead
wilshere can't score goals
cazorla should've went back to spain
oxlade can only dribble
arteta will never leave the centre circle
welbeck is shit

i'm glad giroud's back. because he's all arsenal have at this point, together with alexis.

welbeck has scored two goals in nine games. what a waste of money.

Nicktendo86

Pretty clear that utd was set up to counter and, adding the injuries into consideration, the game plan was perfect.

Arsenal are in crises, it isn't just one game but the whole season so far. Worst start in 30 years. Hope utd can take this and drive on.

faridmon

The just couldn't shoot. I can not believe how many times I have shouted at the screen and ask them to shoot.

Scum

arsenal aren't unlucky; they're just not good at scoring.

ramsey is dead
wilshere can't score goals
cazorla should've went back to spain
oxlade can only dribble
arteta will never leave the centre circle
welbeck is shit

i'm glad giroud's back. because he's all arsenal have at this point, together with alexis.

welbeck has scored two goals in nine games. what a waste of money.

What's Wenger done to your passing? Please explain, bud.

Antti

Man Utd had 1 shot on target and two goals, that was pretty bad.

I still don't get the reasoning, though. Looking at the game and the stats, I think ManU fans should have something to worry about, not Arsenal fans.

The first goal was one of ManU's only attacks during the first half really, and the only thing that made it dangerous was the fact that Gibbs fucked Sceszcny and decided to put it in. The only shot in the game was from a counter attack when Arsenal were forced to attack with 10 men. If you contain Man Utd that well and create plenty of chances, I don't think one should worry about it too much.

Top Bottom